League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Delwyn's Curiosities and Antiques (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2545557)

Roseofchaos 09-04-2012 08:18 AM

Delwyn's Curiosities and Antiques (Open RP)

Near some vendor's stands, in a market in Demacia, is a door leading to "Delwyn's Curiosities and Antiques," painted in elaborate capital letters across the top of the doorway. It opens into a fairly confined space, packed wall-to-wall with the sort of things one might expect from an antique shop.

The western wall, opposite the door, has necklaces hung on a pegboard next to a tall bookshelf, which holds ancient texts, shabby paperbacks, and glossy art volumes, with statuettes and suchlike on the shelves closer to the floor. Underneath the pegboard is a locked display case on top of a small table, filled with various rings. The southern wall is filled from floor to ceiling with framed paintings of differing qualities and subjects, and the northern wall hosts a china hutch and mirrors. A fully-set tea table for four sits on each side of the door, in the corners. One of them is next to a window, through which some sunlight enters the room before noon. The rest of the lighting is provided by strings of paper lanterns, as well as various candelabras throughout the shop.

Between the bookshelf and the china hutch is a tea table with three chairs. Behind the table is a curtain that separates the back room and the shopkeeper's residence from the rest of the shop, and on the seat of the chair closest to the door sits Delwyn Brennen, the owner of the shop, and the daughter of Kathryn Brennen in Piltover.

---

((Oh, and this is an Open RP- forgot to mention it in the title. ^^;

I didn't expect I'd have to set up rules for combat, but here they are:

1- If your combat breaks something in the shop [which it's likely to if it involves a lot of swinging swords], you'll be paying for it.
2- If you godmode, get out. Your character can be powerful, sure, but if you blatantly ignore a knife at your throat, a paralyzing enchantment, etc., I'm kicking you from the thread.))

AskKarthus 09-04-2012 08:22 AM

(( So many new people.

Anyway, are you sure you want to start with a full, open RP instead of OCs and getting to know everyone first? ))

Roseofchaos 09-04-2012 08:28 AM

((I have thought about that, yeah... I've done a little bit with James Corvus in That Other Place, but I thought perhaps I'd start a thread and see what comes of it? I did post it a bit sooner than I meant to- that post is slightly longer and more descriptive now. ^^; ))

Mister Crow 09-04-2012 09:33 AM

James walks into the store.
"Well, this is going places. Good to see you doing well, Del. Take a look at what I got from Galio's riddle tower!"
A marionette in James' likeness jumps out of one of his pockets and lands on the counter. It looks up and waves.

Roseofchaos 09-04-2012 11:32 AM

"It's cute! Is that where you've been gone to for so long?" Del leans down to pick up the little puppet, grinning. "I've got some fees for you, by the way."

She opens the register and pulls out about twenty gold, holding it out to him.

Mister Crow 09-04-2012 11:34 AM

He picks up the gold.
"Not too bad a haul."
The marionette starts running around the table to avoid Delwyn's clutches.

Roseofchaos 09-04-2012 11:41 AM

Del starts to laugh, and attempts, a few more times, to catch the marionette between her hands.

"Yeah, I was pleased with it- remember that amulet you gave me last time? Well, uh... someone missed it; one of her servants came here looking for a replacement, and found the actual thing. Good thing nobles pay well, neh?"

Mister Crow 09-04-2012 11:47 AM

James starts laughing.
"You mean to tell me she bought the amulet I took? Oh, that is too good."
The marionette continues to avoid capture, eventually jumping back onto James' shoulder.

Roseofchaos 09-04-2012 12:51 PM

"Hehe, yeah- I thought you might like that." She straightens up the tablecloth, which the marionette had wrinkled slightly. "So, how've you been?"

Mister Crow 09-04-2012 03:09 PM

"I've been alright. Take a look at what I bought from Geokhan."
He pulls out a dagger made of what appears to be smoked glass with some runes on the pommel.