League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Reason for surrender delay? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=252183)

b0nk322 09-17-2010 03:37 AM

Reason for surrender delay?

Just out of curiosity what is the reasoning behind the 25/18-minute delays before you can surrender? It already requires more than a majority vote to surrender so it isn't going to happen unless there is something going on in game that really has almost the entire team wanting to leave.

Örb Jr 09-17-2010 03:39 AM

IP farming. Premake with 5s. Surrender 1 second into the game. Remake. Repeat.

inVane 2 09-17-2010 03:39 AM

I'm guessing there is a reason.. I'd like to know tbh.

Captain Kris 09-17-2010 03:40 AM

it is because other wise u can make a premade 5v5 and purposively surrender 1 min in to farm ip

Canvasofgrey 09-17-2010 03:40 AM

As Nyukka has stated.

Though, I'd like to see surrender time go down when there are leavers in the game. It's no fun playing 4v5 that you know you can't win. (Usually means that the tank is the leaver or whatever.)

T3kn0man 09-17-2010 03:49 AM

I think a game has to pass the 11 minute mark to get full IP/Exp. I could be wrong. Also the reason is because from a strategy perspective the game is hardly over by 25 (I know some games are but lets think of most "balanced" games). All it takes sometimes is 1 good team fight, an ambush at Barons, or just some people having that mental awakening to turn things around.

On the flip side sometimes the dominate team gets too cocky, DCs, ect and they lose the game for themselves. Some champions bloom late and that also contributes to the overall strategy. I believe Riot stated their goal was that the average game start to finish should take around 30 minutes to complete which is where Riot (combined with player feedback) thought that 25 would be perfect.

auralzz 09-17-2010 03:56 AM

games definitely last more then 30min on average on SR, and I would say the majority are significantly longer on TT too.

Yobber 09-17-2010 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanity Blade (Hozzászólás 2955403)
As Nyukka has stated.

Though, I'd like to see surrender time go down when there are leavers in the game. It's no fun playing 4v5 that you know you can't win. (Usually means that the tank is the leaver or whatever.)

In this case, take initiative and just stand in your spawn with the leaver. Others will follow suit, making the game over in ~5 minutes.

Windish 09-17-2010 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Kris (Hozzászólás 2955402)
it is because other wise u can make a premade 5v5 and purposively surrender 1 min in to farm ip

Why don't they make it where they penalize you for multiple surrenders in a short period of time, say 3 surrender's in 20-30 minutes? The penalty could be something like can't enter queue for an hour, or reduced IP for such and such time frame. That way it discourages IP farming via surrendering at 1 min, but still gives others that way out of a pointless 25 min wait cause of a leaver etc.

WarlordLucifer 09-17-2010 04:26 AM

at the very least reduce it to 15mins, some pubstomps are clear by that time.