League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Spotted incoming gank with ward - what to do? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2517736)

Sumperium 08-26-2012 08:23 PM

Spotted incoming gank with ward - what to do?

If I see the enemy jungler coming in for a gank through the river, should I just back off and give away the ward position as a result?

Or should I try to call in a counter gank?

What to do?

ExecutionerK 08-26-2012 08:26 PM

Get out if you will die, slowly fall back to bait if you are counter ganking, and go balls deep to kill the enemy if you are so far ahead.

FaerellG 08-27-2012 12:25 AM

Check for your jungler an other lanes. Use your best judgement as to whether or not a counter gank is possible or practical.

If it is. Ping the victim and see if your ally responds. If so, gank. If not, then back off.

All other parts of this decision points to "back off just to be safe."

Etherimp 08-27-2012 02:54 AM

Let your jungler determine whether he is going to counter-gank or not.. If he is, he'll likely ping and you'll see him coming toward your lane on the minimap.. If he's off doing jungle camps it's better to be safe than sorry and just fall back to your tower.

TheDeFecto 08-27-2012 06:48 AM

Be aware of where your jungler is. If he is within walking distance or already in your lane I would not suggest counter ganking. I would rather give away ward position by falling back and wasting the enemies time and have your jungler counterjungle in the time it takes for you to b. Always assess your enemies and compare to yourself. Sometimes you can 2 for none a gank on your own if you're really fed. GL on the fields of justice summoner.

XCodes 08-27-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeFecto (Hozzászólás 28695122)
Be aware of where your jungler is. If he is within walking distance or already in your lane I would not suggest counter ganking. I would rather give away ward position by falling back and wasting the enemies time and have your jungler counterjungle in the time it takes for you to b. Always assess your enemies and compare to yourself. Sometimes you can 2 for none a gank on your own if you're really fed. GL on the fields of justice summoner.

This. The entire purpose of wards is to prevent your death. If you don't back off when you see a gank incoming, then you've either set up a counter-gank, or are not using the information given to you by the ward and basically have just wasted 75 gold permanently.

PogoPogoPogoPogo 08-27-2012 09:26 AM

You may also want to consider the value of simply giving away your ward.

As has been stated, the point of the ward is to keep you alive. When the enemy jungler is in that bush, you have to back up and play more conservatively in order to remain safe. And as long as he doesn't know you've got a ward there, he'll keep coming back to that bush. Even if he doesn't come out of the bush to gank, by simply sitting there forcing you to play conservatively, he's giving your opponent and advantage, and you can only turn it into your own advantage if your jungler comes to counter gank.

However, if you make it quite obvious that you've got a ward there and leave, you also make it quite obvious to the enemy jungler that he's simply not going to get a successful gank in your lane. He'd be better served by heading to another lane or back into the jungle to farm XP. This lets you move back up and play aggressively, and you can be relatively sure that the jungler won't be returning too soon.

In fact, this may even let your support place wards differently to give you vision farther from your lane, because he doesn't have to ward so defensively since the enemy jungler knows you're warding and can't realistically expect an easy gank in your lane.

t3hep1cf47m4n 08-27-2012 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumperium (Hozzászólás 28684477)
If I see the enemy jungler coming in for a gank through the river, should I just back off and give away the ward position as a result?

Or should I try to call in a counter gank?

What to do?

if your jungler is nearby(and you yourself is in position to move in), then call the counter-gan

if your jungler isn't, then just chill in the bush and play defensive and waste their junglers time.