League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How2Dominion, I play SR. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2510221)

AlphariusRising 08-24-2012 12:50 PM

How2Dominion, I play SR.

So, in an effort to make myself a more varied, versatile person, I want to stay playing dominion a bunch, and I have a few questions.

1. Why is Kassadin apparently the hypest **** in dominion?

2. What teamcomps are optimal? Do you need an AD carry, an AP carry, and a tank?

3. Can I play my mains, Soraka, Janna, and Taric in this? I obviously wont build them the same.

4. Is there any rationale for who goes bot bs top?

Also, any Dominion tips that an SR player is unlikely to know would be helpful.

naotasan 08-24-2012 12:57 PM

1. Mobility. He can fight at top, and 10 seconds later, gank bottom. Not to mention ESCAPE ANYTHING (I think he can hop over any wall in Dominion).

2. Generally it works like this. 1 bottom player, 4 people top. The top people should be mixed AD/AP and at least be some what tanky (tanky dps is the current meta). Also, if you don't do enough damage, you can't kill other players. But an ideal team that is crazy OP would be something like Jax bottom, Jayce/Lulu/Malphite/Ezreal top. Jayce can go bottom but he can also swap out for bottom if they're having a hard time or being countered hard (Someone can probably explain this better).

3. Janna and Soraka are good, but not the best. Sona/Lulu are better. Oh, and you won't be building as support (as in, no gp10 items. If you do build GP10 items it's only for requirements of other items).

4. Yes. Let me give you some links that explain just about EVERYTHING:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2152948
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

Yes yes yes.. It is a lot of reading, but by the time you're done reading everything, you'll be ready to play with the pros.

And about a tip, don't worry about dying. Kills are not worth nearly as much gold.
Okay well.. don't be stupid and suicide on a point or run around the jungle alone.. My point is if someone dies to something stupid, there's no need to yell at him. Just remind him that the move he made was dangerous and everyone should regroup.

DG TheFeedski 08-24-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphariusRising (Hozzászólás 28606372)
So, in an effort to make myself a more varied, versatile person, I want to stay playing dominion a bunch, and I have a few questions.

1. Why is Kassadin apparently the hypest **** in dominion?

2. What teamcomps are optimal? Do you need an AD carry, an AP carry, and a tank?

3. Can I play my mains, Soraka, Janna, and Taric in this? I obviously wont build them the same.

4. Is there any rationale for who goes bot bs top?

Also, any Dominion tips that an SR player is unlikely to know would be helpful.

1. Silence, AOE Slow, but the main thing, his mobility. His rift walk allows him to get to anywhere on the map very fast. Not to mention he can hop in, deal damage, and hop back out, never to be seen again... Until 3 seconds later when he will hop back in, deal more damage, and get back out.

2. I would say team compositions vary. There isn't really a "set" composition for Dominion, yet. Personally, I like having a tanky bottom champion that can survive if someone ganks, but I also like a tank up top with an AD and AP.

3. Sure you can, I use to play Soraka bottom lane all the time, and would take her top from time to time as well. Janna is also highly played on this map. I don't see Taric too much, but give him a shot. Test some builds with him and see how you do.

4. Generally the bottom lane should be someone who can clear minions and (my preference), tankyish.

Glumduk 08-24-2012 01:04 PM

I've seen Taric do well, but Sona/Lulu are better. Leona, Nautilus, and Alistar also sort of fit their role as support/CC champs, while being more tanky for initiations. Your build is usually going to be Tanky CDR or AP bruiser.

The bot lane meta has seen some shifts. It used to be treated like an AP mid situation, but lately I've been seeing more tanky dps top lane picks like Darius or Jayce. AP tanks like Maokai do pretty well if you're just holding your point. Jayce is a very good aggressive bot lane. I've seen Lulu do quite well.

NamKim 08-24-2012 01:04 PM

Hello,

Let me just welcome you to the Dominion community and I hope you enjoy Dominion.

You might want to check out this thread. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2501079
I know that it is about registering for the next tournament, but it has very useful links that teaches the basics.

1. Kassadin can build very tanky, has high mobility, and does tons of damage. He is currently considered one of the most OP champions in Dominion. He is overall just a pain to go up against.

2. Sauron's guide goes into more detail about this. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698
But to give you a short summary. It is best to have two AP, two AD, and one Bot. Bot can be any champion that has some forum of sustain. Very similar to the SR Solo Top. However, I seen games where everyone goes Tanky DPS and that ends up working. I would read Sauron's guide for more information.

3. Those three champions are very viable in Dominion. Soraka can even be a fearful bot. Janna and Taric are two "tanky" supports that can go up top. I always had trouble using those two properly in Dominion even though they are suppose to be quite powerful in Dominion, Janna especially.

4. You want someone with sustain to go bot. They should be good at staying alive and be able to get out of sticky situations. They should probably be somewhat tanky. I am normally not a bot player so I cannot give you more info.

---The general rule of thumb is that "Revive" is to Dominion, what "Flash" is to Summoner's Rift. Revive is very powerful, especially if you have the mastery that gives you a huge speed boost after using it.
---If a point is neutral and someone is trying to capture the point. You can also try to capture the point. This will result in both "capturing" champions to cancel each other.
---http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2152948 This is Sauron's tier list for high elo. Of course this is his personal opinion and it is meant for high elo so it does not apply to us as much. But it is a good base to figure out which champions are powerful or not. In the end, a person's skills matter more than the champion.

Also, this thread might be of some interest towards you. It is the Dominate Dominion chatroom. You can ask questions here and the people there are more than happy to answer any small questions you may have. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1399727

DG TheFeedski 08-24-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naotasan (Hozzászólás 28606646)

And about a tip, don't worry about dying. Kills are not worth nearly as much gold.
Okay well.. don't be stupid and suicide on a point or run around the jungle alone.. My point is if someone dies to something stupid, there's no need to yell at him. Just remind him that the move he made was dangerous and everyone should regroup.

To give an example of a pointless death (in my opinion). Someone trying to defend a turret by himself against 3 or 4 others. This can be good at times, but you want to make sure you're AT LEAST buying enough time for your team to get up there. Or, if it's one of those cases where you have to hold it or you lose. But the more you play, the more of a feel you will get for it. Oh, also. Revive. Revive is to Dominion as flash is to Summoner's Rift.

Aparkhurst 08-24-2012 01:08 PM

answers
1. There is a section of champions that need to be denied a good laning phase in SR. these champions can not be stopped in Dominion ie: Kass, Poppy, and Darius.

2. There are two kinds of teamcomps in Dominion. The first is any combination of tanks, bruisers, and assassins. The second is a balance of magic/phys damage, ranged, and melee.

3. So you sound like a support player :) List of yes: Lulu, Janna, sona, and lux. List of no: soraka, karma, and orianna.

4. Bot lane is its own side game where 1 of your players becomes half of your team. This is somewhat like Rift's solo top.

Things SR players struggle to learn!
1. Idling is the devil, time is money in Dominion.
2. Sit on speed shrines and control the jungles.
3. The best defense is a good offense (you help your bot laner by pushing their mid and NOT rushing bot to reinforce it)
4. Take revive on every champion
5. Realize that this isn't SR and you are a brand new player to this game (you've done this GJ :D )

DG TheFeedski 08-24-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aparkhurst (Hozzászólás 28606995)
answers
1. There is a section of champions that need to be denied a good laning phase in SR. these champions can not be stopped in Dominion ie: Kass, Poppy, and Darius.

2. There are two kinds of teamcomps in Dominion. The first is any combination of tanks, bruisers, and assassins. The second is a balance of magic/phys damage, ranged, and melee.

3. So you sound like a support player :) List of yes: Lulu, Janna, sona, and lux. List of no: soraka, karma, and orianna.

4. Bot lane is its own side game where 1 of your players becomes half of your team. This is somewhat like Rift's solo top.

Things SR players struggle to learn!
1. Idling is the devil, time is money in Dominion.
2. Sit on speed shrines and control the jungles.
3. The best defense is a good offense (you help your bot laner by pushing their mid and NOT rushing bot to reinforce it)
4. Take revive on every champion
5. Realize that this isn't SR and you are a brand new player to this game (you've done this GJ :D )

Really? You think no on Soraka, karma, and Orianna? I've seen some Karma's wreck. And Soraka got that nerf, but still seems fairly strong bottom lane. Orianna is a different story... I never play her so i'm not sure.

naotasan 08-24-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFeedski (Hozzászólás 28606930)
To give an example of a pointless death (in my opinion). Someone trying to defend a turret by himself against 3 or 4 others. This can be good at times, but you want to make sure you're AT LEAST buying enough time for your team to get up there. Or, if it's one of those cases where you have to hold it or you lose. But the more you play, the more of a feel you will get for it. Oh, also. Revive. Revive is to Dominion as flash is to Summoner's Rift.

It's rare, but I see it all the time at lower elos.

For example, chasing Lulu through the jungle into a gank is one.
Jumping 1v2(or3 or4) on their tower. The most common I've seen actually. Mainly because they're too impatient to wait for their team to join them.

It's true doing things like capping their mid will make them have to do something, but it's the journey to their mid that is the dangerous part. Map awareness. Do you only see one champion on the other team? Probably not a good idea to run through the jungle and bush check.

vFresh 08-24-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naotasan (Hozzászólás 28606646)
1. Mobility. He can fight at top, and 10 seconds later, gank bottom. Not to mention ESCAPE ANYTHING (I think he can hop over any wall in Dominion).

2. Generally it works like this. 1 bottom player, 4 people top. The top people should be mixed AD/AP and at least be some what tanky (tanky dps is the current meta). Also, if you don't do enough damage, you can't kill other players. But an ideal team that is crazy OP would be something like Jax bottom, Jayce/Lulu/Malphite/Ezreal top. Jayce can go bottom but he can also swap out for bottom if they're having a hard time or being countered hard (Someone can probably explain this better).

3. Janna and Soraka are good, but not the best. Sona/Lulu are better. Oh, and you won't be building as support (as in, no gp10 items. If you do build GP10 items it's only for requirements of other items).

4. Yes. Let me give you some links that explain just about EVERYTHING:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2152948
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=17877990
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2244698

Yes yes yes.. It is a lot of reading, but by the time you're done reading everything, you'll be ready to play with the pros.

the funny thing is, every kassadin i see in dominion just out-right fails and disappoints, they have no idea how to play kassadin on that map and are just horrible. it's probably the player playing him