League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Jayce in 3v3 (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2508605)

Bread Crumbs 08-23-2012 09:20 PM

Jayce in 3v3

A friend of mine has been giving me a really hard time about playing Jayce in 3v3. He says he contributes nothing special at level 6 to the team, but who cares? At level 3 or 4, he has 8 spells to rely on! He gets his full potential earlier than most champions (level 6 for ulti) which in my opinion makes him a pretty solid pick in 3v3 since this game mode doesn't last as long as 5v5.

What do you guys think?
Let me know in the comments :D

Bread Crumbs 08-23-2012 09:32 PM

Need I remind you that Jayce also has some very key elements that make up for his lack of a true ulti.
- Hard CC (Knockback/stun)
- 3 AoE Abilities
` AoE slow
` 2 AoE Damage
- Leap
- High farm potential.
- Percent Health Damage Magical Damage for tankier foes.

Also keep in mind, that his Transformation procs Sheen very quickly and also gives him a bonus on hit. Therefor, I consider the transformation a valid spell.

Koldheartedjsp 08-23-2012 10:13 PM

jayce up. Your friend is spot on.

Axil 08-23-2012 10:29 PM

ehhhh he's not that good

emctwo 08-23-2012 11:01 PM

I don't know about TT, but in Dominion Jayce rocks everything. He's one of the most overpowered champions in small skirmishes, so I don't know why that wouldn't translate well from Dominion to TT.

The problem isn't Jayce, it's Trinity Force. It's a terrible item on him. His AD scaling is too freakishly good to put a Trinity on him instead of AD items. Build him with AD, CDR, and tankiness instead.

Brutalizer, Boots of Lucidity (CDR), Infinity Edge or Bloodthirster, Frozen Heart, Last Whisper (sell Brutalizer)

1.68 ratio on cannon-Q
3.9 ratio on cannon-W!!!
1.0 on both hammer-Q and hammer-E

Too good to ignore. AD/CDR/tanky. 3 points in Q, then max W, then max Q. You start ripping people up early with those bursty Q pokes, and once you get a few points in W, it insta-gibs. Drop into hammer and Q-E to win all trades with melee, then proceed to convert back to cannon and follow up that winning exchange with swift death.

TheHangman 08-24-2012 09:20 PM

I play jayce quite a bit, I think he is rather good, usually I can beat xin/lee/jax in duels very frequently and since he can shift between melee and ranged, he is harder to kite. I go trinity force/ga after wriggles+dorans. I level W then Q.

Where I see people going wrong on jayce is they do the build order horribly and they don't take into account his low base AD, Whenever I see someone going phage first or rushing merc treads, they are gimping themselves, Jayce needs AD, wriggles+2xdorans is usually how I build, After that I finish boots and then Build phage>sheen>zeal> into trinity make a ga, then get a thirster. My combo is hammer form, w q e cannon form, w e q. pursue using gate. The other combo would be cannon e q w, hammer w q e. though its harder to chase and the q can miss.

CDR? Eh, maybe, but I think that building for it sacrifices too many other needed stats for lowering cooldowns that are already extremely low. In anycase, Jayce is NOT meant to be played in just one form, switching forms constantly is necessary to compete with top duelists. Getting CDR boots in 3s though is usually a bad idea imo, I wouldn't unless the game was super passive or I was far ahead enough that the loss in survivablity from tabi/merc is negligible.

The only thing I don't like about him is that I can't main him in the jungle since his jungle is pretty weak. So top lane.

Boo 08-24-2012 09:32 PM

jayce is the most balanced champ in this game

Coola 08-25-2012 12:20 AM

Hmm max w? I've seen most people max e, due to the high dmg from % based dmg

BastilleDalton 08-25-2012 01:31 PM

He is basically a more lane oriented Lee Sin with six abilities at level 3. If used well he can crush a lot of the stronger top lanes. Like TheHangman suggests, level W. It is strong for harass and tower pushing. Build earlier damage and enjoy the ownage.

WillWW 08-25-2012 02:16 PM

Do you do well with him when you play with your friend? If yes, then tell your friend he contributes to the team by working well with them. An ult isn't as good as skill.