League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Banning the wrong people? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2507144)

Aerias 08-23-2012 01:25 PM

Banning the wrong people?

Seeing the new bans on people who actually try to make this game a better place that is kind of sad. I was just in queue with a player who entered the game and random his picking, promising that he will be feeding the enemy team. I was FORCED to dodge his queue to prevent his trolling. So let me ask Riot this, why are people like that NOT banned instead of people who are reporting? The boy himself even said that riot's banning won't even effect him, even if he feeds 10 games, 20 games. Is this the justice that riot should be providing the players?

RiotKiddington 08-23-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossing X (Hozzászólás 28568868)
Seeing the new bans on people who actually try to make this game a better place that is kind of sad. I was just in queue with a player "sugercube" who entered the game and random his picking, promising that he will be feeding the enemy team. I was FORCED to dodge his queue to prevent his trolling. So let me ask Riot this, why are people like that NOT banned instead of people who are reporting? The boy himself even said that riot's banning won't even effect him, even if he feeds 10 games, 20 games. Is this the justice that riot should be providing the players?

1) Please no name and shame, you should edit out his name. It is against forum policy.

2) We only ban certain players for 7 days as a warning for their abuse of the reporting system. You can read more about it here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=28542568

3) For the player you described in your story, how do you know he is not in the Tribunal process right now or having cases already pending against him?

4) How do we know you didn't dodge the queue for some other reasons?

LovingFaces 08-23-2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossing X (Hozzászólás 28568868)
Seeing the new bans on people who actually try to make this game a better place that is kind of sad. I was just in queue with a player "sugercube" who entered the game and random his picking, promising that he will be feeding the enemy team. I was FORCED to dodge his queue to prevent his trolling. So let me ask Riot this, why are people like that NOT banned instead of people who are reporting? The boy himself even said that riot's banning won't even effect him, even if he feeds 10 games, 20 games. Is this the justice that riot should be providing the players?

Look. the caseloads are way to large. and Trolls are everywhere. As a loyal community Tribunal par taker. I can tell you one thing. The case load is amazingly huge. Im sure Riot is not hiring people who sit in the cubical and giggle in evil laughs as they watch people get ban hammers and dont deserve it.

Aerias 08-23-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 28569303)
1) Please no name and shame, you should edit out his name. It is against forum policy.

2) We only ban certain players for 7 days as a warning for their abuse of the reporting system. You can read more about it here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=28542568

2) For the player you described in your story, how do you know he is not in the Tribunal process right now or having cases already pending against him?

3) My personal question, how do we know you didn't dodge the queue for some other reasons?

Edit done, as for knowing if he is in the tribunal process of not? Well for one I've reported very, VERY mean players and till today I STILL see some of them roaming the games. An answer to your personal question? When I queue in games, I only ever dodge because there are trolls within the queue. But you don't have to believe me, god I should've just screen shot the convo with that kid.

P.S you typed 2) twice.

P.S.S 7 day ban as a warning, justice is served in Riot's mind.

RiotKiddington 08-23-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossing X (Hozzászólás 28569575)
Edit done, as for knowing if he is in the tribunal process of not? Well for one I've reported very, VERY mean players and till today I STILL see some of them roaming the games. An answer to your personal question? When I queue in games, I only ever dodge because there are trolls within the queue. But you don't have to believe me, god I should've just screen shot the convo with that kid.

P.S you typed 2) twice.

P.S.S 7 day ban as a warning, justice is served in Riot's mind.

Thanks for edit out his name. I also fixed my numbering. I think if you look at the grand scale of things there will be trolls and mean players, but we are also working hard to reform them, or remove them. The Tribunal process takes time, so just have faith in our vigorous and determined attempt to make this community better. Lyte and his team of engineers are working very hard every day to improve the system.

Killrazor 08-23-2012 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 28569832)
Thanks for edit out his name. I also fixed my numbering. I think if you look at the grand scale of things there will be trolls and mean players, but we are also working hard to reform them, or remove them. The Tribunal process takes time, so just have faith in our vigorous and determined attempt to make this community better. Lyte and his team of engineers are working very hard every day to improve the system.

Also, Riot cannot control what people do in the game, only discourage them from doing it again or banning them. But it is impossible to stop trolling 100%. All we can do is alleviate some of it.

Ssinssrinn 08-23-2012 01:59 PM

So here is something curious guys. My buddy that got banned for 7 days just talked to Riot. They told him that the reason he got banned was because 60% of his reports never made it to the Tribunal. Not that they weren't warranted but that they just never made it and so they deemed his reports dubious. What a crock of nonsense. Way to screw over the people trying to make the game better simply because other people don't have the spine or care enough about your game to report the real problems.

Bu Gao Xing 08-23-2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotKiddington (Hozzászólás 28569832)

You'll need to edit out the players name in your own quote of his original post.

Airata 08-23-2012 06:54 PM

No offence going out but isn't the whole justice system on LoL starting to become a bit complicated. Like I know there are people who are doing false bans with their friends just to get another person they don't like in trouble. I have experienced this myself against a group of players who were just being ****s to me(Pardon my language). Anyway why are we banning(even if its temporary) the people reporting someone? Would it not be smarter to simply look at the reports that they have on them, take a look at their activity and then judge? It doesn't seem like riot bothered to do that with some of the players, as I know they are not bad eggs in the community. I mean sure a few people reporting for the wrong reasons were likely banned for 7 days? but I am sure a good portion of them were also good players who simply believed they were reporting for the right reasons and now they are being punished for it? Without notification or warning until they were already banned? When I heard about this I thought no big deal...but if this is only a small sight of the things to come with the tribunal well...I honestly think riot started to head in the wrong direction with itl, and I don't like where it might lead. The system shouldn't get any more complicated, keep it nice and simple. If someone is reported x3 for trolling/cussing and its easily noticeable in the x3 Logs then ban them. Don't go temporary banning people who are reporting, cause whether they be a bad egg or a good egg who was simply mistaken, then what is that doing to them? Not to mention the community that hears about it from friends and sees all this drama on the forums? Sorry for the rant but I don't want the tribunal/bans to wreck a game, I have seen it done on other games. Just keep it simple, beyond reasonable doubt, a simple standard.

C000kiemonstar 08-23-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Airata (Hozzászólás 28580859)
No offence going out but isn't the whole justice system on LoL starting to become a bit complicated. Like I know there are people who are doing false bans with their friends just to get another person they don't like in trouble. I have experienced this myself against a group of players who were just being ****s to me(Pardon my language). Anyway why are we banning(even if its temporary) the people reporting someone? Would it not be smarter to simply look at the reports that they have on them, take a look at their activity and then judge? It doesn't seem like riot bothered to do that with some of the players, as I know they are not bad eggs in the community. I mean sure a few people reporting for the wrong reasons were likely banned for 7 days? but I am sure a good portion of them were also good players who simply believed they were reporting for the right reasons and now they are being punished for it? Without notification or warning until they were already banned? When I heard about this I thought no big deal...but if this is only a small sight of the things to come with the tribunal well...I honestly think riot started to head in the wrong direction with itl, and I don't like where it might lead. The system shouldn't get any more complicated, keep it nice and simple. If someone is reported x3 for trolling/cussing and its easily noticeable in the x3 Logs then ban them. Don't go temporary banning people who are reporting, cause whether they be a bad egg or a good egg who was simply mistaken, then what is that doing to them? Not to mention the community that hears about it from friends and sees all this drama on the forums? Sorry for the rant but I don't want the tribunal/bans to wreck a game, I have seen it done on other games. Just keep it simple, beyond reasonable doubt, a simple standard.

Riot messed up and things are now getting much worse .... after 1 day alone the trolling is many times worse becasue people are now saying that you cant report me or you will be banned and tell them to read the forums...that the reporters are getting banned.

Out of 10 games today at 1800-1900 ELO ... 6 had massive ammounts of trolling and harassment that has never been seen in this quantity at that elo. This is becasue the people banned in Lytes crusade..... were the people who report players for offensive language and verbal abuse... for which Riot has been pardoning on a massive scale... so the ones who did the most enforcing on that issue, though valid in chat logs, were punished by riot for doing the right thing..... yes it was the right thing, but Riot did not uphold their own rule so the justified reporter is now punished.

Bad idea riot.

Tommorrow is the weekend.... Get ready for more trolling then you have seen so far, I myself will be taking the weekend off for football :) Im sure Monday will be hell on the forums due to this injustice of falsly banning the justified enforcers and community team.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2504598