League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Summoner Levels (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2502712)

Guyman2 08-22-2012 01:13 PM

Summoner Levels

I highly suggest you let us see the reported summoners level (or at least a level range ex:1-10,11-20,21-30), because sometimes when people are reported for Intentionally feeding, and it wouldnt be okay at level 30 in comparison to level 5. I've skipped over a fair number of cases lately that i feel like it would be unfair to punish a lower level person for dying alot, but would hate to let a higher level person by with actually intentionally feeding.

tl;dr Let us see their summoner levels, it might explain a players behavior sometimes.

Edit: Just got home and was pretty out of it when i first wrote this, i drank some Coffee and i'm alot more alert and willing to write things out now, just look down in the forum for more explanation.

@Lyte I hope you take a quick look at this, because i strongly believe we need to have some idea on the reported's summoner level to reference for certain situations

Quote:

The other day i saw a Yi who was 14 deaths in one game and about 20 deaths the other, they lost both games, and he builds Ionic spark and trinity force. He didnt say much in chat, but both the games he did mention it was his first game in one game. I couldnt tell if he was really level 1, but got paired up with lots of smurfs, or if he was higher level and just trolling.
Quote:

Another time is something i personally witnessed. I recently introduced my friend to this game, and i'd been playing with him and showing him the ropes, when i played a game with this annie who REALLY did well, and almost killed people most of the time, but she couldnt seal the deal in most fights. Many many times was i dropped to 50 hp, and barley ended out killing her. But she ended out as 0-11, and their garen was spamming in chat to report her, but i was scared to death that she would get banned, because she was doing better than he was, honestly. Every time she died he would say she's intentionally feeding, and we're defending her because we want free kills. She would ghost away from us if we caught her and it was up, and she didnt say anything in chat from what i saw, but it would really look like she was feeding in the Tribunal, OTHER than the fact that she was level 4. She got Sorcerer boots, Void staff and death cap before the game ended, but still she just wasnt quite on par. Yet to have someone new to the game and still learning how to play get reported for something like that, and really getting banned would ruin their experience in the game. Its not her fault she's still learning the game. I was honestly impressed if she learned that fast on her own, in fact, if we didnt have a Gal She probably would have done alot better.

It just makes me mad to think that people get their early experience of this game ruin'd by jerk holes that cant fit the idea that everyone isnt a smurf in their head. She did good, and build fairly well, but she missed her ult sometimes, or got caught in the woods when we invaded. Its not her fault, she's level 4. If we could at least know the level range it could really fix the occasions where a low level gets reported by some butt face elitist. Even when you're new people dont think about chat too much. My friend has yet to type anything in the game, but he still calls mias in skype. So its really just like new people in the game dont think to type when its their 6th game.

Its a case i WOULD punish if they were level 30, but would definitely not punish knowing she was level 4.
Quote:

You missed the idea ENTIRELY. The idea is so you can tell if they were reported for Intentionally feeding by smurfs at low levels. I've seen too many cases where it seems like they are low level summoners but they dont know entirely what they're doing yet because they are low level. When you look through chat and people say "lol low levels too ez" or "this is my first game" and no one mocks them because its highly likely its their first game, they shouldnt have been reported for intentionally feeding. I've personally witnessed a game where an annie got repoted by the enemy team for "intentionally feeding" when she was obviously not intentionally feeding, she was just level 4. But yet you wouldnt have been able to tell that she was level 4 UNLESS it told you, or if i didnt defend her in all chat all game long.....

Im short on time right now, but i hope this may explain the idea of this.

Exploding Barrel 08-22-2012 01:24 PM

What's an example of a situation you're talking about? Unusual builds aren't really punishable. Personally I only punish for feeding if their build makes it obvious (i.e. all the same item or no items), they admit to it in chat, or their death count is edging on mathematically impossible based on the length of the game.

Lord Puppy Fury 08-22-2012 01:29 PM

Thing is, just because I'm level 29 doesn't mean I can't have a bad game. Look me up on lolking and check out my brief, abusive relationship with Twisted Fate.

Guyman2 08-22-2012 01:40 PM

Fair enough. The other day i saw a Yi who was 14 deaths in one game and about 20 deaths the other, they lost both games, and he builds Ionic spark and trinity force. He didnt say much in chat, but both the games he did mention it was his first game in one game. I couldnt tell if he was really level 1, but got paired up with lots of smurfs, or if he was higher level and just trolling.

Disqualifier 08-22-2012 01:49 PM

The problem with reporting level is it wouldn't be all that helpful.
1) People create accounts just to mess with other people so they would show a lower level even though they have a 30.
2) Just because someone gets to level 30 doesn't mean they have a clue how the game works.

Guyman2 08-22-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exploding Barrel (Hozzászólás 28521439)
What's an example of a situation you're talking about? Unusual builds aren't really punishable. Personally I only punish for feeding if their build makes it obvious (i.e. all the same item or no items), they admit to it in chat, or their death count is edging on mathematically impossible based on the length of the game.

Another time is something i personally witnessed. I recently introduced my friend to this game, and i'd been playing with him and showing him the ropes, when i played a game with this annie who REALLY did well, and almost killed people most of the time, but she couldnt seal the deal in most fights. Many many times was i dropped to 50 hp, and barley ended out killing her. But she ended out as 0-11, and their garen was spamming in chat to report her, but i was scared to death that she would get banned, because she was doing better than he was, honestly. Every time she died he would say she's intentionally feeding, and we're defending her because we want free kills. She would ghost away from us if we caught her and it was up, and she didnt say anything in chat from what i saw, but it would really look like she was feeding in the Tribunal, OTHER than the fact that she was level 4. She got Sorcerer boots, Void staff and death cap before the game ended, but still she just wasnt quite on par. Yet to have someone new to the game and still learning how to play get reported for something like that, and really getting banned would ruin their experience in the game. Its not her fault she's still learning the game. I was honestly impressed if she learned that fast on her own, in fact, if we didnt have a Gal She probably would have done alot better.

It just makes me mad to think that people get their early experience of this game ruin'd by jerk holes that cant fit the idea that everyone isnt a smurf in their head. She did good, and build fairly well, but she missed her ult sometimes, or got caught in the woods when we invaded. Its not her fault, she's level 4. If we could at least know the level range it could really fix the occasions where a low level gets reported by some butt face elitist. Even when you're new people dont think about chat too much. My friend has yet to type anything in the game, but he still calls mias in skype. So its really just like new people in the game dont think to type when its their 6th game.

Its a case i WOULD punish if they were level 30, but would definitely not punish knowing she was level 4.

Guyman2 08-22-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disqualifier (Hozzászólás 28522326)
The problem with reporting level is it wouldn't be all that helpful.
1) People create accounts just to mess with other people so they would show a lower level even though they have a 30.
2) Just because someone gets to level 30 doesn't mean they have a clue how the game works.

Well if they get reported for messing with people, thats something that you should be punished for regardless of level, I'm talking about being punished unfairly for not learning the game at all by the very start of the game. If someone is level 30 and have no clue how to play the game, its not having their experience ruin'd early game. I doubt many people are level 30 with NO clue how to play.

Disqualifier 08-22-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guyman2 (Hozzászólás 28522576)
Well if they get reported for messing with people, thats something that you should be punished for regardless of level, I'm talking about being punished unfairly for not learning the game at all by the very start of the game. If someone is level 30 and have no clue how to play the game, its not having their experience ruin'd early game. I doubt many people are level 30 with NO clue how to play.

I know several people who are level 30 that have no idea what the current meta is, how to lane or ward, or how to play any character besides 1 or 2. Don't give people too much credit.

Think of how many people made it to max level in a game like WoW that have no clue how to play.

Guyman2 08-22-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disqualifier (Hozzászólás 28522854)
I know several people who are level 30 that have no idea what the current meta is, how to lane or ward, or how to play any character besides 1 or 2. Don't give people too much credit.

Think of how many people made it to max level in a game like WoW that have no clue how to play.

Thats true, but still, being able to see summoner levels would really help avoid unneeded bans. Not having a chance to learn what you're doing wrong, and doing it wrong all game are two different things.

Guyman2 08-22-2012 07:56 PM

Quick bump for Lyte