League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How do I get out of ELO hell? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2502353)

Jonnychaz 08-22-2012 10:58 AM

How do I get out of ELO hell?

I need some help to improve my ELO. I was one of those people that played ranked when they shouldnt have. I played as trist, kennen and amu since they were my only characters. I wasn't very skilled at the time and didnt do very well, thus lowering my ELO.

Now however I am pretty satisfied with my overall gameplay, however there always seems to be one or two people that aren't very good, so even if I am winning my lane our team ends up losing.

Are there any suggestions to get me out of this?

I know I will get some nasty answers but if anyone can help that would be swell.

Liquid Fusion 08-22-2012 11:43 AM

After many games your set at your bound elo, i dont really believe there is an elo hell that will hold you back. however here is a link to many tips that will help you improve your elo
http://reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/...ing_and_doing/

AlphariusRising 08-22-2012 11:43 AM

Elo doesn't measure how good of a player you are, it measures how well you play in a team of 4 other people.

Duo Queuing means you have a minimum of 2 competent people on your team that you can communnicate well with.

Play a role that you're strong at, but don't be that guy that locks eve with Promote/Revive if your lane it taken. Either suck it up or dodge yourself, don't punish other people for your inability to play more than 1 role.

Carrying a game isn't going 40/1/20, Carrying can mean doing 7/6/11, as long as you're the guy making good calls and setting up plays. As the jungler, take dragons when you can. As top or mid, grab a champ that can push/force out of lane, and consider grabbing teleport to go win lanes other than yours. Teleport Ryze, or a Roaming Morgana are good choices for mid.

Just remember that your lane is 1/5th of the game. Bot lane is 2/5th, jungle is 1/5th itself. Go help your jungler take their blue, or ward their red and take it if you see their jungler show up in a lane.

FlyingCIV 08-22-2012 12:37 PM

premade
hard

Rillain 08-28-2012 08:50 PM

The elo system is pretty much garbge... you have to play sooo many games until the LAW OF LARGEEEEEE NUMBERS applies, then you'll be at "your true elo".

Acidic 10-08-2012 06:13 PM

I'm pretty much stuck in the same situation lol. I won 1 out of the 9 I played today because SOMEONE lost lane within 15 minutes every game. Usually its not you're fault but when you're a low elo player whether you're stuck in elo hell or just suck lol, you have to look at what you need to improve on and not what others need to improve. If you feel you're a much better elo than you're currently ranked, I would suggest taking a solo lane because you get more gold and xp. Out farm your opponent in lane and you will have time to gank other lanes. Always know where you're jungler is btw. If you're jungler is on the other side of the map, play safe and farm. Poke a little but dont engage. If you're jungler is close. poke harder, but don't die. It'll set them up for a gank.

Oh and wards win games. HARD. Everyone should be buying wards and the river should be completely warded at all times. My suggestion is that if someone is losing their lane, ask you're jungler to cover your lane and go help them, or just let the jungler stay near that lane for frequent ganks.

Dsg19319 10-10-2012 01:35 AM

Stay out of Mexico...that usually gets you out of elo hell

HeadChief 10-10-2012 04:20 AM

You win brotha. and don't you stop.

Reknepz 10-10-2012 05:22 AM

You don't because Riot hasn't taken any measures to ensure quality games. You can't simply vote kick a troll out of champ select, you're stuck with him. But HEY! You get report him after he gives you a loss -_-

DirtyJs 10-10-2012 05:40 AM

sht sticks together

if you're stuck with sht-heads, take a look in the mirror.