League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Who are the best bottom support chars? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2490260)

ferfy 08-18-2012 03:47 PM

Who are the best bottom support chars?

So far I have soraka, and she's really good......and amumu, he's meh..... better jungler then support imo.... or even Top as tank. idk

i'm also saving for alistar and lulu for support bottom and probably maokai as well... any others are good for bottom support?

TeknoWizard 08-18-2012 04:29 PM

It really depends on what you want to do, because all the common support picks are the best at something. Though if I had to say overall best, it'd probably be Janna. She can play offensively, defensively, and really passive.

Jayfeather 08-18-2012 04:42 PM

I like Sona support. She has high burst, can slow, heal, speedup, and help you do extra damage. Along with stunning.

ferfy 08-18-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayFeather21 (Hozzászólás 28393779)
I like Sona support. She has high burst, can slow, heal, speedup, and help you do extra damage. Along with stunning.

meh sona doesn't look very good to me, although zilean looks pretty interesting :)
Sona looks like a ****ty hybrid between soraka and zilean. XD :P :D

GoldSoundz89 08-18-2012 04:53 PM

Kill Lanes:
Nautilus
Leona
Blitzcrank
Taric
Nunu (with some laning combos)
Lulu
Alistar

Sustain Lanes:
Soraka
Taric
Sona
Alistar

Poke Lanes:
Sona
Janna
Nunu (some laning combos)
Lulu
Alistar
Taric

Some appear in multiple designations since they can be played multiple ways (or straddle the line based on who their laning partner is). Kill lanes are increasingly popular since everyone hates Soraka and wants to poop on her face. Kill Lanes tend to beat Sustain lanes, while Poke Lanes tend to beat Kill Lanes. It depends on who your ADC and the rest of your team. Generally Blitz, Taric, Soraka, Janna, Nunu are the popular ones at the moment.

I still think Alistar is the best support at the moment. He can sustain with spammable heals, get level 2 kills like a boss, and do an incredibly annoying W+Q and just walk away for massively annoying poke and harrass.

Top tier supports for me would be: Alistar, Taric, Soraka, Blitz, Nunu, Janna, Leona, Nautilus. Sona is barely off of top tier since she can run into mana problems if you're not careful.

Zilean is an awful support in the meta right now. No sustain, and the only real combo he can work with right now is Caitlyn, and you need to design the rest of the team around the poking potential of Caitlyn and Zilean (i.e. AP Nidalee top, etc) and roll with a poke comp. But that's asking for trouble, in my opinion. Plus, Sona can usually poke way harder than Zilean, has sustain, and has the same amount of CC, and a great ult. Zilean has none of those. There's no combo where you can feasibly run Zilean when you can run another support and do twice as well.

Randee Newman 08-18-2012 05:02 PM

u dont have to save up for alistar. if you subscribe to riot's youtube channel, you get him for FREE.

and as for your question, like the post above says, it just depends on what kind of support you're trying to be.

ferfy 08-18-2012 05:07 PM

Darth Gwarr, thanks.... Taric looks pretty OP....I'm thinking the best bottom support chars for me would be: Taric, Soraka, Alistar, blitzcrank. Although again, like I said lulu looks very fun and possibly quite good.... also zilean looks like he might be decent. :)

ferfy 08-18-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randee Newman (Hozzászólás 28394356)
u dont have to save up for alistar. if you subscribe to riot's youtube channel, you get him for FREE.

and as for your question, like the post above says, it just depends on what kind of support you're trying to be.

Could you link me to their channel and the process of how you get alistar free? Cuz my youtube account is not associated with my LoL account....

Randee Newman 08-18-2012 05:14 PM

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/s...hained-alistar

here's their official how to. u can also get tristana free for liking them on facebook

ferfy 08-18-2012 05:14 PM

Thanks man!