League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Help & Support (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   READ BEFORE POSTING - LoL Help Database (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=24896)

Jesse Perring 11-12-2009 02:04 PM

READ BEFORE POSTING - LoL Help Database

The community team has put together a help and support knowledge database.

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/

Most of the common issues have articles in this database that you may find useful.

Before making a post on the forums, PLEASE read the following articles:
Explanation of League of Legends Logs
Attaching diagnostics and logs to forum posts

Attaching the information outlined in those articles to every forum post is essential to help us resolve issues quickly and efficiently.

When posting issues about the launcher
, it is extremely important that you attach the patcher_lib.log to your post.

When posting issues about PVP.net, it is extremely important to attach your air logs to your post.

When posting issues about the game itself, it is extremely important to attach your game logs to your post.

Please do not cut and paste logs; use the Manage Attachments function of our forums.

It's also a good idea to submit your logs from within the PVP.net preferences menu (top right corner of PVP.net). Providing us with as much information as possible is the best way to help us resolve widespread issues.

Feel free to contact us directly at support@riotgames.com. Our support department is open 9 AM - 7 PM PST, Monday through Friday, except some holidays.

reapermaster 11-12-2009 02:22 PM

Alot of the links in the forums have been removed and the fixes in those links have been moved to the KB system. Please use it. If you are still unable to locate what you need please feel free to put up a post. Riot and the community will do our best to help you resolve any issue.

Riot World Peace 11-18-2009 09:25 PM

Hello (not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes...)

I found the knowledge base system to be useful. I noticed that we could rate whether or not an article was helpful, but we can only submit comments if we mark that an article was not helpful. I found most of the articles to be pretty useful, so I'd rather not vote that an article was unhelpful just to be able to leave comments, since the "helpfulness" statistics are shown.

It would be great if I could still leave comments for Riot while marking an article as good. (Either that, or give an option for me to vote that an article was decent with some reservations.)

Jesse Perring 11-18-2009 10:09 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Actually, we intend to make the articles rating invisible to users, so rating an article unhelpful will only be seen by me and won't effect other user's opinion of the article. I check the "unhelpful" article ratings every day and make changes to the articles depending on the feedback. So, you can either rate the articles unhelpful and leave feedback (even though you think the article was helpful) or you can send an email to support@riotgames.com and suggest the email be forwarded to Jesse Perring.

xRaphx 11-19-2009 11:49 AM

Another thing on the knowledge base is that you can vote however many times on an article as you want. And I think the only reason people mark some articles as unhelpful is because it didn't resolve their problem, when really in reality that is not a definite solution and while it may work for some it may not work for others, so I think the article should be rated on content rather than if it solved your issue or not.

Jozrael 11-23-2009 10:50 AM

^ I think that's a good thing, because it lets you leave more feedback. (Of course there are other ways of implementing this, but as of now it works).

oplag 12-02-2009 04:44 PM

uhh..hello...will you fix the damn launcher..?????

Orlyk 12-09-2009 12:01 PM

So for further support i m supposed to send an e-mail to support@riotgames.com.The question , is will they ever answer me ??

My collector's pack code is invalid and i would like you guys to fix this as i paid money for this game.Sorry if you find my tone exaggerating or offensive i have no shuch intention but i'm kinda worried if this is going to be fixed or not.I know that you guys have a lot of problems to worry about but please at least send me a reply so that i know you saw my e-mail
Thanks in advance

GODSBIGDIC 12-16-2009 01:57 PM

Ya I muted my sound online and then unmuted it but there was no sound still. I tried it on several different computer's and i still don't get any sound and nothing is muted what should i do?

Faladra 12-24-2009 03:29 AM

i post my problem and all i get told is tht there isnt an article for it on the KB which i alredy knew so i still have the problem which is preventing me from playing LoL. it is a pisstake