League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   calling gangplank experts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2486859)

immortal rocker 08-17-2012 02:42 PM

calling gangplank experts

guys i need to some tricks while playing gp plus his runes setting and his masteries setting as well ill be glad if you detail it out.

please help me :)

FG5 Bdog 08-17-2012 06:12 PM

I would rush a sheen and then an infinity edge for the build. The sheen has a great passive effect that does bonus damage on your next auto attack. But, the sheen passive works with his q(parley), with a critical hit from the 250% from the infinity edge, you can do over 1000 damage before level 18 pretty easily.

HaShedon 08-18-2012 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdog98z (Hozzászólás 28363898)
I would rush a sheen and then an infinity edge for the build. The sheen has a great passive effect that does bonus damage on your next auto attack. But, the sheen passive works with his q(parley), with a critical hit from the 250% from the infinity edge, you can do over 1000 damage before level 18 pretty easily.

Critplank is ew.

I always get a philo stone first to solve my mana issues, then a heart of gold if it's a farm lane, and if you really wanna go full jewplank, you can get an avarice blade. After that, I upgrade boots then go straight for triforce, getting phage first then sheen. After that grab a couple tanky items depending on the situation (if you're planning to get a randuin's omen, try to buy the heart of gold for it early), and maybe throw in an IE if your team sorely needs damage and/or you're getting fed up the ass.

I go flat AD reds and quints (you can take arpen reds if you like), flat armor yellows, flat mr blue (you can take mr/level if you want).

Masteries, I keep going back and forth between 9/21/0 and 21/9/0. Both bring nice stats to the table, and I've had trouble deciding which I prefer. Taking either 7 or 9 in utility for the mana regen could be helpful in a hard lane, but you don't need it otherwise, and I've refused to try it as of yet.

Your ult is the only thing you're really gonna need to get practice with. Make sure to be aware of what's going on all the time so you can help secure/create kills and/or save your teammate's lives with a simple press of the R key. It's also great for ganking your lane and escaping ganks, or even turning a gank by the enemy jungler into a double kill for you, a la Singed.

Skill order is always take ult (duh), Q first, E then W most of the time, but don't be afraid to take some extra points in W before E, or even just mix them up once you've maxed your Q.

DaltzMaltz 08-18-2012 06:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaShedon (Hozzászólás 28375029)
Critplank is ew.

No, you are ew.

Go 29% Crit Damage and 8~% Crit Chance. Start with Brawlers Gloves. Melt faces at level 1.

Or, alternatively, go straight 40% Crit Damage runes.

Seriously, as critplank, if you have over 10% crit chance, you will win every trade at top, provided you get at least one crit. Every trade.

LastStaX 08-18-2012 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaltzMaltz (Hozzászólás 28377693)
No, you are ew.

Go 29% Crit Damage and 8~% Crit Chance. Start with Brawlers Gloves. Melt faces at level 1.

Or, alternatively, go straight 40% Crit Damage runes.

Seriously, as critplank, if you have over 10% crit chance, you will win every trade at top, provided you get at least one crit. Every trade.

until someone with half a brain lanes against you with cloth 5, armor seals and armor masteries.

jadelink 08-19-2012 04:20 AM

>until someone with half a brain lanes against you with cloth 5, armor seals and armor masteries.

...or until you meet Pantheon.

LastStaX 08-19-2012 11:39 AM

To be honest gangplank needs to be geared so much to what his enemy lane that I'd run out of words in trying to explain how to gear your runes and masteries. So here is a great guide which has all the information you need. http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=5645

angron65 08-19-2012 01:05 PM

i have at least a 300-400 gp games starting from back when he had his old passive to now and i have pretty much never done anything but critplank. i feel like its the best way to build him if you are wanting to deal damage and be all over the map. tankplank was good before atmogs got nerffed and its still something you can do if you want i just feel its more situational. if you start to have a bad game be sure and build more survivability otherwise crit to win. IMO

AlphariusRising 08-19-2012 03:42 PM

Best build for any champ is Boots of Going Fast and 5 Red Doubleswords.

Toguro Prime 08-19-2012 04:29 PM

Crit plank is **** for the reason that if ur against tanks u get melted and if u get gabled as Crit plank top u die bc ut squishy so triforce plank is way better with a wriggles