League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   New Katarina (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2479368)

SoulSurvivor0 08-15-2012 01:05 PM

New Katarina

Played a few bot games with her, despite what people have said, I'm having a decent amount of fun with her. Going to play some PvP soon, can anyone recommend a build and skill order?

I've tried Gunblade > Rylai's > Abyssal/Hourglass and Q > E > W.

With this build I'm extremely squishy until I can get ChainVest and Negatron. Would Rylai's > Abyssal/Hourglass then Gunblade be a lot better?

HaIfhearted 08-15-2012 01:18 PM

Try the 60 pen route.

Start boots/ruby/amp tomb/pots
haunting guise
sorcs
abyssal
deathcap

Wait to go in until the first round of cooldowns have been blown, then shunpo into your low health target of choice and go nuts.

SoulSurvivor0 08-15-2012 04:06 PM

Cool, I'll try that. Thanks!

Rebonack 08-15-2012 05:08 PM

<_<

The Piecemeal Crit build on Kat actually works amusingly well now due to easy Sheen procs from W. With maxed CDR her E gives you 20% untyped damage reduction with an effective cooldown of 1 second. That's nothing to be taken lightly.

MMKH 08-15-2012 07:02 PM

I want to try a tanky AD route with Trinity, Sunfire, Atmas, Maw, Void staff and shoes lol.

Redenbacher 08-16-2012 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMKH (Hozzászólás 28292689)
I want to try a tanky AD route with Trinity, Sunfire, Atmas, Maw, Void staff and shoes lol.

Not working a Nashor's Tooth in that build? :D

Ariou 08-16-2012 04:16 AM

I dont find her stats to support a 60 mpen build early any more. Death lotus going from 1040 dmg to 600 hurt significantly, of course some damage is made up in the form of her new W with 200 base dmg helps some but I always find that I am just not doing enough to kill off my targets. My best luck seems to have been with sorc -> guise -> gunblade -> deathfire grasp. The two actives add a ton to burst and gives me enough to blow up any squishy on the field if they cant knock me out of DL.I have tried Maw, and it worked out pretty decently but I find it hard to fit into a build.

That's the hardest thing I am finding now, getting a good balance between having enough damage to kill people and enough defense to survive long enough to get extra W's in.

MMKH 08-16-2012 01:10 PM

I won two games today, first one with a tanky build and the other with AP/CDR. I'd say if you're dealing with lots of CC or melee, tanky is better as you will live longer and spam more Ws. Against squishies without CC but are more mobile, AP.

SpiderParadox 08-16-2012 03:29 PM

My best success was with Sorc shoes, Guise, Rylai's, Abyssal, Death Cap, WOTA.

Since most CDR items either have mana or MP5 I find it is much better to take CDR runes and masteries than to build CDR.

I went with armor runes, AP quints, CDR seals, and MPen marks.

I went 9-21-0 masteries, taking most of the normal stuff, except I took CDR/level in defensive.

DiscworldDeath 08-16-2012 04:11 PM

You should always take CDR/level in defense when you have 21 points in defense.

I don't like her base damages too much. Still falls flat when stuff is on cooldown. I'd get CDR, max CDR. I'd even go Ionian boots over Sorcerer Shoes.
DFG is also a solid option.

Hextech Sweeper seems necessary, so if you get a reset you could shunpo to an escapee, and so people won't walk into a conventiently placed brush to stop your ult even though they're still nearby.