League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Why RIOT doing this ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=247157)

NDAWE 09-13-2010 07:46 AM

Why RIOT doing this ?

WARNING : WALL OF TEXT (HARD HITING ONE),

To continue the title : Why they keep releasing new champs that r better versions of old ones and make old ones useless.

For example , lets look at MF and Kat.

Kat : Main dmg in team fights sorce : her ultimate
Harrasing weapon : Q
heal debuff OR 3 sec dmg absorbing W
Go in , escape mech E

Good at chasing because of E, good in escape because of E, good early haras because of Q, so so good in kite,Ult who can win the team fight if is used good

MF : Main dmg in team fights : Ultimate AND normal attack
Harrasing weapon : Q
heal debuff + aspd bonus W
AOE slow + dmg E

Good in kite, good early harrasing Q, range + high MS , Devastating ult.

In 1st look both look good BUT:

MF is range - advantage
U have complain because of BB until now because u stay behind mobs and stil get harrased ? Now u get hiter HARDER because u stay behind your creeps cuz MF Q get 120% dmg for 2nd hit

Kat can heal debuff entire team with W+Q ? Thats happend very rare to can hit whole enemy team with 1 BB , also u loose the %DMG reduction.
MF heal debuff 1 target but the target she hits take so huge dmg that force healer to heal MF target so the heal debuff job is done. ALSO she get huge ASPD buff that gvie her exelent DPS.

Kat using E to chase , escape place for ult , escape.

MF casting her ult from safe distance, no need skill to place, chasing with her pasive and lacking of escape mech.

Ults : Both devastating , both good item scalling BUT Kat must reach lvl 16 to can hit 3 targets, MF ult hitting entire team from lvl 1; Kat casting her ult between all enemy team, MF casting her ult behind all her team on safe place (also that make it more harder to interupt) and IN HUGE CONE !

Overall : MF harras i can say (specialy after Kat Q nerf) is better than Kat, got A LOT better normal hit (even i can say that is her main weapon after u get IE), got better ult.

Because MF is range this mean she stay behind her team and she using that team like shield so no need so badly escape mech, also flash + ghost give her enough escape in laning.

MF got AOE CC, Kat dont have any kind CC.

Both champs can be builded on AP or AD and use full potencial of the champ.

Imo MF is like ranged Katarina, but with bigger boobs and AOE CC.

Something like this alrdy happened before with releasing Vlad and Xin. They succsefully take places of champs like Annie , Nassus , Jax and give better results.

If Riots continue with this i`m sure that after a month or 2 nobody gona play any of the original (or atleast before Poppy) champions anymore, and imo this must get changed.

Rugi 09-13-2010 07:48 AM

Last I checked MF had no escape / chasing mechanism outside of her passive. Kat has Shunpo which can be used to chase, harass, and escape.

The Ninth Priest 09-13-2010 07:51 AM

MF is a recommended champ, and I think the comparison between her and Kat is in the similar vein (But not exactly the same) as comparing someone like Ryze and Veigar (both stun/snare one-time unloading nukers).

I will say, she is rather expensive for a "recommended" champion.

v3rgil 09-13-2010 07:52 AM

Money
/thread

wildfire393 09-13-2010 07:52 AM

MF's CC is laughably bad. It's a delayed slow that can easily be walked out of.

Kat has better scaling on her ult, an escape mechanism, and major damage reduction. MF is seriously squishy and will die to a slight breeze.

Lightstriker 09-13-2010 07:56 AM

Sup Amumu Morgana Janna Annie Sion Heimerdinger Nunu Twitch.
What? You're still some of the best champions in the game? You were run in the WCG tournament (Fine, fine, in one case perma banned out of)? That can't be! I thought there were better versions of you :'(

NDAWE 09-13-2010 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightstriker (Hozzászólás 2892862)
What? You're still some of the best champions in the game? You were run in the WCG tournament (Fine, fine, in one case perma banned out of)? That can't be! I thought there were better versions of you :'(

Still the champ who was released a few days ago was chousen insted of any old one in FINAL! Also Garen (not so new champ but still its not so long time that he was released) and Vlad make the big difference in 1st game, and Kog was the awesome DD in 2nd game. All of them r new champs!

Metta Game 09-13-2010 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightstriker (Hozzászólás 2892862)

Give it time.

Saffire 09-13-2010 08:07 AM

How dare Riot make new champions that are usable in competitive play. And did you really say that Vlad can replace Annie?

Lark Ohiya 09-13-2010 08:13 AM

Interesting post, BUT maybe you should say what MF is before you use a odd shorthand. Not everyone can read your mind and figure out its miss fortune you are talking about.