League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   GP5 worth it? (can't edit the other post) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2470389)

Enygm4 08-12-2012 09:34 PM

GP5 worth it? (can't edit the other post)

Sorry for the other post my question was bad.
Before the patch I always start with an GP5 item because I thought that I will get a lot of extra money then I sell my GP5 when I have any space free but! Now with the patch I see how much gold I have earned and I recover my money at min 37! Only there.
That's why I really don't know if is better start with an GP5 or with an item that can be quickly upgrade.

Sorry the poor English.

AlphariusRising 08-12-2012 09:39 PM

The answer remains the same.

It depends.

Does it build into an item you want?
If so, it's worth it to pick up an early GP5 component, every second you have it it makes that item you're building it into cheaper.

Are you farming poorly, getting zoned, or playing support?
If yes, you need at least one if not more to make up for the CS you're missing.

Are you a Jungler?
Junglers get lots of benefit from Philo Stone and Heart of Gold, since philo gives them lots of sustain, which they need to stay in jungle longer, heart of gold gives extra health which most junglers like, and they don't get as much farm as the solo lanes or AD carry, so they need a little supplement.

If you sell them later they actually pay for themselves 12 minutes after you buy them give or take a few since the prices vary.

Enygm4 08-12-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlphariusRising (Hozzászólás 28181869)
The answer remains the same.

It depends.

Does it build into an item you want?
If so, it's worth it to pick up an early GP5 component, every second you have it it makes that item you're building it into cheaper.

Are you farming poorly, getting zoned, or playing support?
If yes, you need at least one if not more to make up for the CS you're missing.

Are you a Jungler?
Junglers get lots of benefit from Philo Stone and Heart of Gold, since philo gives them lots of sustain, which they need to stay in jungle longer, heart of gold gives extra health which most junglers like, and they don't get as much farm as the solo lanes or AD carry, so they need a little supplement.

If you sell them later they actually pay for themselves 12 minutes after you buy them give or take a few since the prices vary.

Oh I didn't think the last point you said, now I can buy my GP5 without doubts.
Thank you:)

Pyrodruid 08-13-2012 03:32 AM

Kage's Lucky Pick = 765, 5 gold per 10 seconds, or 1 gold every 2 seconds.

It will take 1530 second (25.5 minutes) to pay for itself. So as a rule of thumb for me, it's worth taking if I expect the game to last at least 30 minutes more.

Sam Is Whoa 08-13-2012 07:06 AM

I think he was including the selling price in paying for itself.

Jeanschyso 08-13-2012 07:12 AM

I play support, so when you think about it, I could get a mana manip instead, so that ezreal can waste his mana, but I prefer not. I like the hp/mana regen and the items the gp5 build into (except avarice, I can't stand youmuu's for some reason)

Quick Rawr 08-13-2012 08:21 AM

You pay ~800 ish, they sell for 400. They don't need to EARN 800 for them to be viable, you sell them after you've earned the 400-425 gold and you'll have free profit + the benefit of what they give. I couldn't survive supporting without my HoG or Philo Stone.

Dudleydino 08-13-2012 09:52 AM

Only build GP5 if you want the item that it builds into. If you're Top/mid/ADC, there's a possibility that you may lose more money by buying GP5. The actual GP5 items are very weak, and make you very vulnerable in lane. (Compare HoG to double dorans)

Buy dorans/midgame items instead, so that you can dominate your lane.

DaltyHearts 08-13-2012 10:07 AM

When i'm going to build GP5 i normally use them for building into other items, for instance kajes pick into DFG, that's the only way i see them useful, unless your terrible at farming.

AlphariusRising 08-13-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dudleydino (Hozzászólás 28198056)
Only build GP5 if you want the item that it builds into. If you're Top/mid/ADC, there's a possibility that you may lose more money by buying GP5. The actual GP5 items are very weak, and make you very vulnerable in lane. (Compare HoG to double dorans)

Buy dorans/midgame items instead, so that you can dominate your lane.

I don't know why this guy got downvoted.

2 Doran's blades ovver 40 less HP than a HoG, but 20 Attack Damage and 6% lifesteal.
2 Doran's Shields offers 40 more health, 20 more armor, and 16 health regeneration.

Buying a Heart of Gold with no intention of getting Locket/Randiun's isn't a good decision if you're farming well and at least going even with your lane partner.