League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Remake] Karnstein, The Malice of the Forgotten (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2465673)

Shalebridge 08-11-2012 04:52 PM

Karnstein, The Malice of the Forgotten [Review for Review]

12 Attachment(s)
[All constructive criticism will be taken on board. If you review, I will review your own champion if necessary.]
Ah, 1,000 views. Most excellent. Thank you to everyone who took the time to check this idea out. Feel free to keep commenting with any ideas you may have for Karnstein.
Note to Riot: If you use this champ idea, put a plague mask somewhere in the splash. That will be my recognition.
Karnstein, The Malice of the Forgotten
Role: Mage, Melee, Assassin

Stats:
Health: 435 [+85]
Health Regen: 7.0 [+0.65]
Mana: 220 [+33]
Mana Regen: 6.5 [+0.5]
Armour: 16.5 [+4]
Magic Resist: 30 [+.75]
Damage: 56.75 [+4.2]
Attack Speed: 0.691 [+3.25%]
Movement Speed: 330
Range: 175

Lore:
"I remember her. She was the first soul I had to stop from jumping out of the boat.." -Yorick
Long ago, in Demacia's early days, a woman named Eliane Karnstein worked for a prestigious Commander. This commander won many victories over Noxus, and gave birth to Demacia's military philosophy of "never retreat, never surrender". For many years, no-one suspected that the decorated veteran was taking credit for another's work. The strategies were all planned out by his assistant.
As the commander was viewed in higher and higher regard, Eliane began to grow bitter. It was she who was responsible for his status, and while she had told the truth to many, no-one believed her. When the man's family was accepted into the noble houses of Demacia, she finally sought out a way to deal with the Commander.
Necromancy.
From then on, Eliane spent all of her spare time hiding, studying illegally acquired books on the forbidden art. However, when she finally gained the courage to perform a summoning, it backfired. A portal to the underworld opened in front of her and dragged her down, leaving no trace of her behind.
Despite her efforts, Karnstein was trapped in the underworld for centuries. A ferryman advised her to forget about her life, to accept that it was over. As much as she tried, it was the only thing she could think about. The constant reminders of her last moments began to drive her mad, and she resolved to escape the underworld any way she could.
Karnstein wandered through the darkness, using the magic that brought about her death to bind wandering souls to her own, though many of the underworld's denizens tried to stop her.
Eventually, she became strong enough to overpower the Gatekeeper himself, and broke down the barrier between the worlds of living and dead, gaining the attention of the Summoners at the League of Legends.
When approached, she was happy to join the League to tell of her plight, and remove the family that stole her recognition.

Judgement:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2755553

Recommended Items:
Attachment 531750Attachment 531758Attachment 531756Attachment 508105Attachment 531752Attachment 531759

Skills:
Attachment 545801
Innate [Soul Thief]: If an enemy champion dies near Karnstein, she gains one stack. This stack causes enemy and allied champions' death timer to be increased or reduced by [1.25%/2.5%/3.75%] respectively. This stacks up to four times, and all stacks are lost upon Karnstein's death. [Rank up at levels 1,9,17]
Attachment 508089
Q[Possession]: First Cast: Karnstein binds a tormented soul to an enemy, slowing them by [10%/15%/20%/25%/30%] for four seconds.
Second Cast: When activated, the ghost enters its host, dealing [50/70/90/110/130] damage.
[Cost: 20/25/30/35/40 Mana
Cooldown:10/8.5/7.75/6 seconds
Damage: +0.75 per AP
Range: 500]
Attachment 508090
W[Unshakeable Belief]: Passive: For every basic attack, Karnstein gains [2.5/5/7.5/10/12.5] magic resist. This effect stacks up to four times.
Active: Karnstein ignores all attacks that deal less than [10/15/20/25/30] damage, and gains [20/30/40/50/60]% movement speed for four seconds. This does not include attacks from champions, turrets, or super minions.
[Cost:55/65/75/85/95 Mana
Cooldown:21/19/17/15/13 seconds
Stack Time: 4 seconds
Damage Negated:+0.1 per AP]
[˄˄˄TO BE SCRAPPED. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS ON A GHOST UTILITY, PLEASE COMMENT.˄˄˄]
Attachment 508091
E [Spectral Commander]: Karnstein sends out the spirits bound to her in the direction of the cursor. The first enemy champion they pass through is stunned for [.2/.4/.6/.8/1] seconds, and all enemies in their path take [40/80/120/160/200] magic damage.
[Cost: 75/80/90/95/100 Mana
Cooldown: 17/15/13/11/9 seconds
Damage:+0.65 per AP
Range: 1100]
Attachment 508092
R [Howls of the Forgotten]: Karnstein summons the souls of the dead to attack an enemy champion, dealing [150/225/375] magic damage. If the champion is on a killing spree, 60 bonus true damage is dealt for each rank (Rampage, Unstoppable etc.) over 10 seconds, maxing at 360.
[Cost: 100/120/140 Mana
Cooldown: 140/120/100 seconds
Damage: +0.4 per AP
Range:600]

Playing as Karnstein:
  • Unshakeable Belief is excellent for chasing down enemies, as it negates most of the damage from caster and melee minions.
  • Howls of the Forgotten can be used to take down a weak champion, but is more effective against stronger opponents.
  • Spectral Commander can be used to check brush, if you suspect an ambush.

Playing against Karnstein:
  • Unshakeable Belief does not negate damage from turrets, siege minions, or super minions. Try leading Karnstein towards a turret if you are being chased down.
  • If you move out of Possession's range before its second cast, Karnstein will not be able to activate the ability.
  • Clones are not stunned by Spectral Commander, but can be affected by Howls of the Forgotten.

Appearance:
Glowing blue eyes, mid-length black hair with a white streak. Blue-gray skin and claws. Gaunt face with skeletal-looking limbs.
Wears a long blue coat, embroidered shirt, pants and boots, all worn out and ragged. Wields a war scythe.
Ghosts look like this.
EDIT: The lovely Krin Scelestus has asked for the rights to a picture I will use as concept art for now, until I scrape together enough money to commission this artist for something that better fits my mental image. Behold, muju.
Attachment 561520
Thank you again to Krin for acquiring this art.

Quotes:
When Karnstein speaks, it sounds like multiple people are speaking in unison, a la Legion. Always sounds annoyed.
[Selection] "Are you afraid of ghosts?"
[Attacking]
"You can't escape me."
"For Demacia!"
"Pride before a fall."
"Join me in the underworld!"
"Can't kill what's already dead."
"Come on! Fight me!"
[On E]
"Charge!"
"Don't run!"
"Fool!"
"Forward!"
[Moving]
"A shining example of humanity."
"Lies are what pass into history."
"Someone's pushy today."
"Have faith, summoner."
"Where is my justice?"
"Break down the gates!"
"Not that way, you idiot!"
"There's nothing left for me."
[Joke] "You know, I'm terrible at lying. You can see right through me. [Realisation] That was awful..."
"You know, I enjoy music. I always like a haunting melody. [Realisation] I'm leaving."
[Taunt] " Do you think you can run? That I'll forget about you? ...I don't forget ANYTHING."
[Dance] The Charleston http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIQ23ZQ84Mg (0:30 to 0:40)
[Laugh] "HA. HA. HA."
[Idle Animations]
-A ghost appears behind Karnstein, apparently shouting at her. When she turns, the ghost disappears.
-Rubs the back of her neck, before rolling her head around.
-Taps her foot impatiently, looking around.
[Death Animation] Karnstein becomes surrounded by spirits. Attempts to escape them, but is trapped. The spirits grab her and disappear, taking her with them.
[On Death]
"Tell her I-"
"Oh sh-"
"Not like this-"
[Icons taken from here and here]

Shalebridge 08-13-2012 09:20 PM

Changelog [I think these are minor edits. Lore, Abilities etc are all complete]
Q stolen by Rengar, "Cursed Blade" is now "Possession"
Lore rewritten
Innate name changed, "Hysterical Fear" is now "Closer to Death"
AP ratio added, damage output changed from AD to AP
Recommended items altered
Spirit lines removed
Range of Q, E, R added
Realised innate was an inferior version of Karma's innate. Of course I forgot about Karma, shame on me. "Closer To Death" is now "Soul Thief"

Pethrax 09-24-2012 06:29 PM

Please reword the passive of your W, wording would imply massive amounts of MR, and why the strange jump between first and second rank? Also, why do you have no scaling on your abilities?

I really don't see this as an assassin, it's more a pseudo-melee caster than anything else. Overall though, still a good champion, just fix those few issues.

Shalebridge 09-24-2012 10:53 PM

My word, a review. It's not even my birthday. Thank you.
After doing a few calculations, it seems I forgot to take into account the base magic resist. If it increases every level, by level 18 Karnstein would have 81.25 MR (1880 base health, 2692 magic damage til death), which, as you mentioned, is far too much. As such, her base MR has been reduced by 10 and MR gain per level reduced by .5 (1912 magic damage til death).
Does that seem fairer?

Shalebridge 10-01-2012 04:58 PM

Bump.

Tamur 10-04-2012 07:26 PM

did you mean to say enemies on E? other than that nice champ
can you review mine http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1882733

Shalebridge 10-05-2012 03:02 PM

Thank you for reading the text at the top of the page.

Shalebridge 10-20-2012 04:30 PM

Time for a bump.

Metal Capo 10-20-2012 05:02 PM

Looking into this champion, she has an interesting lore (maybe she is representing the Shadow Isles in the League?). Her stats are looking fine for an AP oriented melee assassin.

Her passive looks nice, making her more dangerous as her health drops.
Q: A good slow or damage, with a low cooldown, you may want to increase the mana cost a little, or is it balanced with the short casting range?
W: is a good defensive ability against mages, but if the movement speed bonus will be that high as it reaches higher ranks, I would make the duration a bit shorter (3 seconds maybe?)
E: Interesting skillshot ability, the numbers of the CC and damage is at a fair amount.
R: A somehow interesting ultimate that is more potent against champions who are well fed, and is the magic damage aside from the true damage bonus also a DoT?

Overall, a good concept for an AP melee assassin. Numbers may need to be worked on a little more, but i'm sure you will fix it just fine.

If you wish, leave a comment or review on one of my concepts
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2189929

Wikkedly 10-24-2012 11:47 AM

Hey there, I like the amount of effort you've put into this, however the ratio on her passive seems a bit off, for example if by chance she got 4 stacks early game 2 seconds off of 10 is fair, i guess but really 4 seconds late game off of 60+ seconds doesn't seem like it would do much at all, these are just my thoughts and how i understood it, if i am mistaken pleased let me know, also i would be very please if you would be so kind to review my first champion concept as well ^_^

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2713246