League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Need a Support that can "Carry" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2462048)

LengendaryGhost 08-10-2012 06:55 PM

Need a Support that can "Carry"

I need a support that can "carry" the team to victory. Of course you know that I do not mean by in terms of AD Carry. I need a support that can turn the tides of a enemy fed game into my game. So far I have been playing Soraka but the problem is that if the enemy is fed then Soraka cannot do anything well maybe providing a silence which can be risky to cast or an ultimate or an Astral Blessing but I PERSONALLY feel that it is not enough to "carry" the team.

My whole point is that I want to play a support that can "carry" the team to victory even though if the enemy is fed. Can you give me a support champion and why?

AskKarthus 08-10-2012 06:57 PM

Soraka, global ulti, silence, MR debuff, strong heal, mana restore

ThorHammerz 08-10-2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LengendaryGhost (Hozzászólás 28099043)
I need a support that can "carry" the team to victory. Of course you know that I do not mean by in terms of AD Carry. I need a support that can turn the tides of a enemy fed game into my game. So far I have been playing Soraka but the problem is that if the enemy is fed then Soraka cannot do anything well maybe providing a silence which can be risky to cast or an ultimate or an Astral Blessing but I PERSONALLY feel that it is not enough to "carry" the team.

My whole point is that I want to play a support that can "carry" the team to victory even though if the enemy is fed. Can you give me a support champion and why?

Sona (?) - has a large AoE stun that can quickly turn the teamfight into a massacre for the enemy team.

Blitzcrank (?) - one good grab means a teamfight just turned overwhelmingly in your favor 5v4. Alternately, a bad grab means you probably just lost the game.

LengendaryGhost 08-10-2012 07:23 PM

A global ultimate is nice, a silence is good but that could endanger yourself to become killed, MR debuff is good but the range is SO low that you can be killed, a heal is nice but that can be countered by champions that can easily have a "heal cut skill" like MF or Trist or Ignite. Mana restore is nice I like that one.

I feel as though that the latest patch on Soraka, when her AP ratios got buffed, I felt that was useless because Soraka does not get AP. The only AP item she would get is Will of the Ancients. I feel as though that when they did that, this created an era of AP Soraka mid. Then Riot again had to nerf her Starcall duration and not have mana heal increase on herself. I can have an understanding on her Armor duration, Armor and ulimate CD nerf. Obvioualy, you won't start with a Doran's Ring.

You can downvote me if you want but that's my opinion about Soraka.

FlowyS 08-10-2012 07:29 PM

Lux is probably the best. If you plan to carry as support, I recommened building glass cannon because that's all you can afford with such limited budget. Just be careful since support Lux is a lot squisher than solo mid Lux, so play more defensively and never die just to proc Lux's passive. It's usually better to some damage and live rather than die and do more damage.

When trying to carry, build AP. Build 1 or 2 gp/5 items and then go all out AP! A good item is Morello's Evil Tome. Late game, get a Rabadon's Deathcap, and maybe either a Void Staff or Lich Bane.

Lastly if your carry can't last hit, feel free to take all the cs. Best not to let it be wasted in the hands of a carry who can't last hit.

Velpro 08-10-2012 08:08 PM

Sona absolutely dominates. She can have a constant AoE buff that gives 20 AD+AP to all nearby teammates. Her ultimate can be used to stun the whole enemy team for 1.5 seconds. And she can speed up/heal/buff.

bob000 08-10-2012 09:03 PM

Janna, Blitz, Leona and Lulu all have the potential to be lategame game changers due to their powerful crowd control.

Do not listen to people that say to build AP. Neglecting your duties to be an under farmed AP carry is not how you carry as support.

Taric and Soraka are more dependent on their strong laning.

Kirielis 08-10-2012 09:56 PM

Alistar.

TheHardWay 08-10-2012 10:19 PM

Blitzcrank is the closest you will get. If you get pulls you will get your adc fed so easily early. Also you will pretty much never fight a 5v5. Always 4v5's in your favor if you get really good.

Also taric, not as much, but a good taric will make laning very easy for their ADC and be essential in team fights.

XCodes 08-10-2012 11:01 PM

Nobody can carry from 0cs, so I assume you start taking CS early and farm hard for a while.

I think Lulu would be the best, then.