League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Death (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=245997)

Kronos Warrior 09-12-2010 09:39 AM

Death

So what happens when you kill a champion in a League fight. They obviously aren't really killed. How do they get brought back to fight again (respawning)? I know they can die normally outside of League fights (Sion and Urgot) So how does it all work?

Dracorya 09-12-2010 09:47 AM

Their souls are bound to the Nexus by the Summoners, thus when "killed" they are stored there until revived.

Vuther 09-12-2010 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dracorya (Hozzászólás 2878697)
Their souls are bound to the Nexus by the Summoners, thus when "killed" they are stored there until revived.

Sounds kinda hypocritical with League 'not sanctioning necromancy', huh? Of course, I would prefer to fight for an important cause and not have stay dead for it.

yourthevoiceyo 09-12-2010 09:50 AM

I always thought of it like pokemon, they don't actually die, they're recalled and healed in the pokenexus

Kronos Warrior 09-12-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yourthevoiceyo (Hozzászólás 2878742)
I always thought of it like pokemon, they don't actually die, they're recalled and healed in the pokenexus

And Summoner Joy works there right?

Lord Abbendis 09-12-2010 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vuther (Hozzászólás 2878738)
Sounds kinda hypocritical with League 'not sanctioning necromancy', huh? Of course, I would prefer to fight for an important cause and not have stay dead for it.

Im almost 100% certain that it is a form of necromancy, I remember in the days of Morrowind the Dunmer who raised the dead of their ancestral spirits to protect there tombs. But they didnt let anyone who wasnt a Dunmer use Necromancy(and people could be executed if caught).

Imo necromancy should be useable, I mean technically with Karthus being a lich and all.

PhantomChaos 09-12-2010 11:03 AM

I believe the whole issue of necromancy being illegal is when it's used not for officially stated reasons, not with good intentions, and definitely without proper checks to ensure that the magic used would not harm Valoran any further.

Cold Fusion 09-12-2010 11:08 AM

The summoners are definitely bound to their champions in some ways (they feel pain when their champion does, see season one trailer).

I think you could say the reason behind the increased respawn time as the champion gets more powerful is that they're harder to control as they level more and more.. Which would also maybe explain why they can't pass level 18 (summoners can't control the champion after that?).

Idk, just a big guess.

Kronos Warrior 09-12-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cold Fusion (Hozzászólás 2879850)
The summoners are definitely bound to their champions in some ways (they feel pain when their champion does, see season one trailer).

I think you could say the reason behind the increased respawn time as the champion gets more powerful is that they're harder to control as they level more and more.. Which would also maybe explain why they can't pass level 18 (summoners can't control the champion after that?).

Idk, just a big guess.

Wonder how much pain they feel when their champion is hurt. To me it kind of looked like a sudden searing pain when Kayle got knocked down. I wonder if it depends on how much damage the champion took, if so then the champion being slain must hurt a lot.

RiotBabagahnoosh 09-13-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vuther (Hozzászólás 2878738)

There is a fine line between resurrection and reanimation.