League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Support Zyra (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2454080)

Pills Heer 08-08-2012 07:11 PM

Support Zyra

Support Zyra yes or no? Been trying it out a little bit. Its very effective with a combo of AP runes and support masteries etc. But have to take advantage of early game. Goes well with graves, EZ, Draven and some other champs.

TeknoWizard 08-08-2012 07:30 PM

I have the same opinion of this, as I have for nearly every "non-meta" support. Why? Why pick that over, say, Blitzcrank or Alistar for those lanes? Does she offer anything so much better than those?

JudgeRetribution 08-11-2012 05:00 AM

Ive been playing her and she is a very strong anti-blitzcrank pick. She can easily keep vision on him in bushes so he can't be sneaky and has an awesome snare to prevent him bull rushing a pull. Also she is very aggressive as a support and does very poorly if you just want to play a passive lane because she can not sustain and has the tendency to steal minion kills.

SuprKamiGuru 08-11-2012 08:14 AM

You can support with fiddle, so why not.

Jayfeather 08-11-2012 09:12 AM

Zyra's an aggressive support pick, but a pretty good one at that. A snare, AOE, coupled with her plants which can slow or damage. Then her ultimate which is Lulu's but damage dealing. Very effective.

CountAllister 08-11-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoWizard (Hozzászólás 28012889)
I have the same opinion of this, as I have for nearly every "non-meta" support. Why? Why pick that over, say, Blitzcrank or Alistar for those lanes? Does she offer anything so much better than those?

because first off people expect those. You have the element of surprise

You have free wards that can turn into snares or some decent damage assists, along with when you die you do a crapton of damage for an assist or even kill.

her root is powerful alone as well.

Sam Is Whoa 08-11-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayFeather21 (Hozzászólás 28119749)
Then her ultimate which is Lulu's but damage dealing.

Her ult is nothing like lulu. Lulu gives a champ hp and knocks up instantly. Zyra gives no such buff and is a much larger area that takes a while to activate knockup. Zyras ult is pretty easy to escape the knockup.

CountAllister 08-11-2012 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa (Hozzászólás 28121126)

Her ult is nothing like lulu. Lulu gives a champ hp and knocks up instantly. Zyra gives no such buff and is a much larger area that takes a while to activate knockup. Zyras ult is pretty easy to escape the knockup.

not if you're dead.

that said, its true unless you position it right as a teamfight starts

Jayfeather 08-11-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Is Whoa (Hozzászólás 28121126)

Well, I'm considering having a knockup in an aoe as the "same thing" even though it's not exactly the same.