League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jungle or ADC Urgot (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2431471)

Kripec 08-02-2012 10:35 PM

Jungle or ADC Urgot

i need urgot to either jungle or adc can anyone tell me which is better for him? i know hes an anti carry and belongs in mid but i need him to adc or jungle

ProPlayerEd 08-03-2012 06:30 AM

Uhhhh I always thought he were to be the Anti-carry in BOTTOM lane but I could be mistaken.

Urgot isn't too popular since not many compositions work well with him. If your team already has good late game champs ( Jax, Karthus, ETC ), then you could run an Urgot since his main job is to disrupt and cause some chaos.

He is NOT meant to actually carry the team but sort of provide problems for the enemies.

He isn't good as a Jungler since his ganks are probably not that good, nor would his clearing time be great.

He isn't an ADC but a counter to the ADC!! In bottom lane.

He shouldn't be an ADC or a Jungler, Sorry but It doesn't work for him.

Kripec 08-03-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProPlayerEd (Hozzászólás 27778330)
Uhhhh I always thought he were to be the Anti-carry in BOTTOM lane but I could be mistaken.

Urgot isn't too popular since not many compositions work well with him. If your team already has good late game champs ( Jax, Karthus, ETC ), then you could run an Urgot since his main job is to disrupt and cause some chaos.

He is NOT meant to actually carry the team but sort of provide problems for the enemies.

He isn't good as a Jungler since his ganks are probably not that good, nor would his clearing time be great.

He isn't an ADC but a counter to the ADC!! In bottom lane.

He shouldn't be an ADC or a Jungler, Sorry but It doesn't work for him.

ive read his clear time is good and hid ganks r great thanks to his high burst damage and ult

Velpro 08-03-2012 06:03 PM

I dont know where you heard that his ganks were good. They would only be almost decent at level 6.

Duhizy 08-03-2012 06:17 PM

i am telling you right now.... if you jungle urgot not a single person will like you. Other then that he has little sustain until he gets life steal and even then you'd be better off jungling warwick which is considered a bad pick at this time.Urgot belongs in the bot lane and running him mid or jungle would be a determinant to your team.

VanityFish 08-03-2012 10:24 PM

i actually cant think of a worse jungler..

Invisibleally 10-11-2012 07:13 AM

Please keep it constructive people.

Kripec, I'm a fan of Urgot and have been trying different setups to try to use Urgot as a jungler.

The key may be his Q, the acid-hunter missile. Even early on, you can interweave his Q in between his regular attacks, and it helps him take monsters down much faster. Urgot doesn't have any health-gaining measures so it looks like you have to rely on health potions and clearing the monsters quickly so that they don't have much time to deal a lot of extra damage to you.

I highly recommend smite.

Keep building Urgot's damage and he will soon be clearing extremely quickly- again, very important since he has no healing. You can get a jump on most jungle critters with Urgot's E and quickly slam them with Q and a strong auto, popping your shield can protect you for a few extra seconds but I recommend popping the shield only for the meaner neutrals (red, blue, or dragon).

I still haven't had time to experiment with Jungle Urgot much but f I find a setup that works especially well I'll try to remember to come back here and post it.

*Edit: His ultimate frequently causes problems. I get stronger faster by using the levels to build up his other skills quicker.

Urgot's spike is EQWQQQQ. It hits at long range, reduces the target's damage and armor and when his shield is up the missiles slow the target. I don't know the damage it does right off hand but an Urgot spike you're looking at 1k (low estimate, after armor) outside most character's ranges + armor shred + slow. I think it's marvelous.

Sereg Anfaug 10-11-2012 07:17 AM

While I occasionally run Urgot in bottom lane, usually with a Soraka, I really don't recommend him as a jungler. His clear time is one of the slowest I've ever seen, and aside from his ultimate doesn't have any CC, so his ganks are lacking. He might be something you can do for fun in AI games, and personally I like to run alot of unconventional junglers in those, but don't try to take it to a real game, because you will fall behind fast and have a very hard time catching up.

Edit: As far as lanes, I've never heard of him being used mid. He does ok in top lane, but he's usually run bot lane the way I mentioned above, with a Soraka so he can spam his abilities and shut down the enemy AD carry. If you're looking for builds, I usually start boots pots, then try to rush a bloodthirster(I can almost always sustain in lane long enough to get a B.F. my first back, even without a soraka and against an opponent who has backed to build). After that I'll usually finish merc treads, pick up a brutalizer, madred's razors, and a phage, and eventually pick up a GA. Then I'll upgrade phage to FM, razors to Bloodrazor, and brutalizer to ghostblade. I have no idea how this compares to other players' Urgot builds, as I haven't really seen him played at a pro level for quite a long time, and I don't generally study builds outside of those games, but I find this setup tends to work very well for me.

Invisibleally 10-15-2012 04:55 PM

After trying out Jungle Urgot in some more bot games and also a couple of PvP games, here is what info I have been able to gather for a good jungle build.

Smite summoner spell and boots and health potions, probably not surprising. I did try using that 4-minute potion that gives +10 dmg and some health and that seemed to work pretty good, too...only problem is that hurts your movespeed a lot. Level Q and E first and level W before you gank. I recommend you avoid putting levels into Ult until much later (in my experience it basically sucks).

Get someone to leash blue buff to start
out, Urgot is hungry, he's practically skin and bones. More than once I had a couple teammates volunteer help for the blue (2 extra champs hard-leashing) and, of course, that went really well and sped me on my way.

Even though I've been jungling a lot more often now that I'm getting used to it, I haven't encountered an enemy invader in the jungle. From my limited counter-jungling experiences with twitch, I have designed a complex presentation that effectively emphasizes the difficulty of being counter-jungled. Here it is:

Urgot: WHATOHNOBLAAARRG! (explodes spectacularly)

To jungle, hit the target at the edge of corrosive charge's range and then move up as you spam Q. Use Q in between autoattacks get the best damage in the shortest amount of time possible.

To gank, call the target you are going to gank (alt+click on them), then give your teammates time to position. Once they are ready, try to remain hidden and hit your target at the longest possible range with E.
Try to save your shield and Q as long as possible as you attempt to move into autoattack range, but the moment the enemy retreats fire your Q at them and pop your W while the missile is flying through the air.
That should slow them enough to keep them in range and hit them with at least 2 more acid-hunter missiles while you take steps toward them in between shots. Follow and keep hitting them with autoattacks if you can. If they are out of autoattack range, Hit them with Q and move toward them as many times as possible. As soon as E charges, try to repeat the procedure. E,QWQQQQ.

I've tried using a runepage full of armor+resist and another that is all attack-speed runes and you get more out of Offense than you do from Defense. The game is simply geared more in favor of offense than defense. Fortunately for Urgot, his offense also provides him a little bit of a defense bonus, and he can hit targets with his combo [E,QWQQQQ] from long range. I don't have a runepage for extra damage, but there's no way extra damage is going to hurt Urgot.

Oh and btw CDR freaking rocks.