League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   High Elo TT Bans (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2389718)

Riot Taco Storm 07-23-2012 11:56 AM

High Elo TT Bans

Who are they now?

Is Singed still considered OP?

Is Tryndamere a PITB still?

What about Nocturne or Jax? Any newcomers join the list of people you should really ban in 3s?

And no, I'm not talking about Darius. I've never seen a Darius worth being afraid of.

13bmw13 07-23-2012 12:12 PM

hmm i'd like to know too

Dopples 07-23-2012 12:13 PM

< Not high ELO, but I usually go for taking what will be most likely a threat for my team.

Jax is usually first on the list, alongside with Darius. Then it comes down to either Lee Sin, Tryndamere or anything that will hard counter our comp.

BlacksmithAlpha 07-23-2012 12:14 PM

do you guys not have a system in place that watches and counts who gets banned/picked?

TheMathmagician 07-23-2012 12:15 PM

Cannot vouch for the high ELO, but here are my 3v3 teams bans every game (only 1350's ELO):

Primary Bans -
Darius: Based on our teams comps, he denies too much farm and can build nearly 100% tanky while still posing a great threat. Our big problem with him is that if teams are even, if anyone gets grabbed, there is virtually no escape, and you will be ulted for tons of damage.

Lee Sin: Far too mobile on TT. He can ward and jump to them over walls, to dragon, to champs, to safely dive towers, etc. His sustain is incredibly high, and he is also near impossible to get away from, yet nearly always gets away from you due to kit.

Jax: Tanky DPS with incredibly good early game harass to champs without very high poke. After 6 he becomes a damage powerhouse, can eat up the jungle, and can ward and jump to them just like Lee Sin. His dodge can counter too many skillshots and the occasional ult (see WW), and no matter how he builds, he is always a threat.

Secondary Bans -
Morganna: Spell shield can make or break a gank/team fight. Ult does good damage and is highly disruptive unless you focus her. Root is too good for ganks/chase. Can be dealt with, but a pain indeed.

Mordekaiser: Long harass on E, even for mid range AD. High damage on everything. Shield is strong and it makes it difficult to judge when he is going to die, or should die (would be nice to see "ticks" on shield to gauge how much it is worth). Good ult on AD has the ability to blow a team fight open and allow him to push two towers with little problem.

Again, we aren't high ELO, and these aren't really complaints; just our justifications for the bans we make. Other notables depending on other factors are Tryn, Olaf, Shen, and Udyr.

A Nuclear Waffle 07-23-2012 12:17 PM

when ever me and my friends do ranked,we usually ban
Morgana,
Malphite (which i don't know if i agree with it, but friends make me anyway)
Shen

Also to go along with Op i've only seen 1 or 2 decent Darius that made us consider banning but it was never a big deal.

The Only Shaco 07-23-2012 12:22 PM

according to my calculations there is no more high elo games due to the fact that only 513 players only play 3v3s

so if there is no mroe high elo games there will be no high elo bans

conclusion: need more people play 3s.

and no one is good enough to get platinum because it is the hardest thing to do in league of legends

ploki122 07-23-2012 12:35 PM

new xin might be worth a ban since he has really good early game and might be able to make bot lane's life a lot harder...

jpup88 07-23-2012 12:39 PM

Alot of champions are underestimated on TT because people are used to SR, but some champions are much stronger, in my POV, these are the strongest, and probably the best bans:
Singed
Rumble
Shen
Malphite
Lee Sin
Jax

ipki yadig 07-23-2012 12:49 PM

these are the more common bans, but bans are also based off what champs you would like to play and if there is a counter
this list goes from most common to less common (roughly)
singed
jax
lee sin
malphite
rumble
shen
riven