League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   So uh... Mexican Servers (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2377824)

Stinking Animal 07-19-2012 08:20 PM

So uh... Mexican Servers

Some people call me racist for this. Some people call me a bit controlling. Some even call me restrictive. But what the heck man.

When you launch up LoL, it has a language selection. Now this may pertain to the language pack of the game, and there is only ONE. English.

If I wanted to go hear incoherent spanish being spoken in the North American server where English is the primary (not to mention selected language for LoL, as previously stated), I'd go watch the Spanish Channels on my cable.

This of course isn't my only concern. There's one unavoidable clause here... they all lag or at least have an average of 200+ ping due to the distance from the NA servers. Now, it's not their fault, not at all. But when it comes down to it, when you need to be playing at your most optimum level and you're doing your best, the other players (mexican land-relevance) lag and then cause team problems:

- Imagine if your Soraka healed a second late and could've saved you.
- Imagine if Zilean could've got you before you died with his R.
- Imagine if any support or skill that requires assistance or help from another player is being used from a player with already passively bad ping.

You're being hindered.

I know nothing of servers. I don't know how much money it costs to make one. I have no clue what there is about it all. Consider this rage, consider this a plead of separate, consider it what you may. I want there to be a Mexican server so we can be on our marry ways and have less communication problems, less "but I lagged!" issues, and for both parties of dismay, let it all just widdle itself down to having fun.

Clubbems 07-19-2012 09:28 PM

Me parece que este es racista y que son una persona horrible a mi buen amigo animal, que apesta.

Eozdniw 07-20-2012 02:50 AM

I'll toss my 2 cents and say that it would help for the very same reasons you stated. I don't know how likely it is that Riot will actually make a new server due to the cost issue but then again I don't really know how much such a server would cost anyway.

Not taking money/profit into account, this is a very good idea. You eliminate the language barrier by providing servers where people who speak English can communicate easily and efficiently while people who speak Spanish do the same instead of struggling to understand what the other is trying to say in a language you are not familiar with. At the same time, you make people's games more enjoyable because their performance will not be hindered (as much) by their distance to the server. People from Mexico will finally have their lag go down so their champions' reaction time will be much faster.

All in all, an excellent idea.

The Skesh 07-20-2012 05:23 PM

Sorry didn't read ALL of the text here, but I get the point. Yes there needs to be a server for Non-English speakers. Nothing racist intended; It is just rather annoying going solo with 4 Spanish/Portuguese speaking people who may or may not speak English (or some who just refuse to) it makes communications near to none.

Gem145 07-21-2012 12:12 AM

that is being plain blind and pretty much racist , not a "point of view".

not every spain is a mexican. get that right.
a lot of people want to play in this server.
if you make a "Mexican" server there wont be enough players on it , since mostly of them are at lvl 30. And mostly of them are not "Mexicans"
also , there are a lot of HISPANIC people that can talk english. English is one of the most basic languages of all. it wont hurt you if you start learning a new one.
Average North americans should get that into their heads for once.

Also , a bad idea since people would ask for a Australian server , a Rusian(Russian) one , a Chinese one. so many players spreading out , there will be low numbers on each server. i saw it before in other games , it simply doesnt work.

Stinking Animal 07-21-2012 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gem145 (Hozzászólás 27223797)
also , there are a lot of HISPANIC people that can talk english. English is one of the most basic languages of all. it wont hurt you if you start learning a new one.
Average North americans should get that into their heads for once.

Y'know. This burns my rubber. Everything in this game is English. America was based upon English grounds. You expect us to learn Spanish because:

1. OoT: You're moving to another country and want everyone to speak your native language.
2. You're playing a game on a server dedicated to the sole intention of using English and its roots.
3. You justify that "Average North Americans" don't know Spanish is against their own nature by stating that we should get it into our heads. Ignorant.

Gem145 07-21-2012 01:12 AM

you think you are smart enough to do a elaborated comeback.

i dont need to clarify my previous reply , since it was meant to be understanded by people that actually read things before taking them literally.

what im saying is that there is a big percent of people who is hispanic in the North america servers , and mostly of them talk english , if you are unlucky enough to find hispanic/portuguese people that talk in their languages in every game you have that is because you are making it up.
you are making this post because you had a bunch of mediocre games and you are pissed enough to make a post about it. just chill. almost 90% of normal games are filled with english talkers. even if english is not their native languages.
unless you are bad luck brian i would recommend you to chill , start understanding the other point of view and be a good player.
there is a summoner´s code , read it if you need help.

Stinking Animal 07-21-2012 01:21 AM

@Gem145

I don't mind people being hispanic. As long as they speak English on an English server, I'm fine with it all.

Secondly, the reason I want a Mexican server is so that they don't lag playing in the North American Servers.

You're trying to dilute my comments and statements by trying to put me into a corner where I may seem racist by creating a sentimental barrier. I'm not. Now before you continue going on about your rant, take a seat back and look at what you're arguing:

Quote:

if you are unlucky enough to find hispanic/portuguese people that talk in their languages in every game you have that is because you are making it up.
I'm making up the fact that I continue to have non-native speakers in an English game? You know my life more than me. Go on.

I wouldn't be making such an argument for the duration of this if it wasn't in my best interest for BOTH PARTIES. I don't understand your argument. You're trying to push any negative ideologies onto me that aren't even existing.

P.S. The summoner's code is in English.

Gem145 07-21-2012 01:39 AM

the funny thing is that you replied only about the "average" american part of my comment.
i found it common that some english people have lag too.And i could play many games without lag.

if its about the distance , my dear friend. you are pretty wrong.
I live in Argentina , far away from your country and Mexico.
Mexicans are only from Mexico , while Portuguese is a native language from Brazil and Portugal. which proves my point

you didnt asked for a Portuguese server , you asked for a "Mexican" one.
Then again , you didnt said South America Server , you state that all spanish talkers are mexicans , which proves another point.
im not pushing you against anything at all. im just showing you that you should calm yourself and start thinking about the things you said in this post , and how much could have offended people that are constantly discriminated thanks to things like this.

back to the topic , its still a bad idea , i stated it before , im not supporting it.

Stinking Animal 07-21-2012 10:56 AM

You throw South America into the equation as if I even talked about them to begin with. Brazilians and everyone else can have their merry time. I'm solely talking about people in the Mexican community.

If you want to derail the forum, then I am no longer going to speak to you.