League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   The Ask Champion Compendium (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2371096)

Ask the Herald 07-18-2012 10:45 AM

The Ask Champion Compendium

I have decided to take some of the load off of Galio's shoulders and create a new thread for the purpose of archiving the current running "Ask Champion" threads, since I really have no life outside of these forums.

Keep in mind that have a rather specific standard for what threads are considered "running" and which are "available". If an "Ask Champion" thread has not had that champion post (OOC or IC) for at least three weeks then it should be "available" to be taken up.

So, without further ado:

------------------------

A word of advice to all new Ask Champions

If you find that your thread has hit bottom and is no longer receiving questions, don't despair! Just bump it (bonus points for creative ways to do so) so it'll reappear on the first page! Every experienced Ask Champion (except those playing the most popular champions who always receive attention regardless) understands how you might feel when attention is no longer on you. HOWEVER! You mustn't give up! You must persevere! You likely took up your Champion because you love them, and if that is so then do not let them fall into obscurity! You can also have your Champion visit other Champions, ask them questions, begin little side plots, etc.

tl;dr

If you are lacking traffic in your thread, there are two ways to remedy this:

1. Bump your thread. Once every 12-24 hours should suffice.

2. Broaden your horizons. Go visit other champions. Getting involved in events beyond your thread may inspire others to look further into your champion.

-----------------------
How to take over a previous "Ask Champion" thread

1. If there has been no champion activity in an "Ask Champion" thread for at least two weeks, then post in the thread stating your intention to take on the role of the champion. If the current champion does not respond in any way within the following three days, then you should be able to take the role of that champion.

Alternatively, if a Champion is available and has had no activity within at least 3 weeks, then you may create a new thread without posting your intent.

2. You should then go about creating a Smurf (or for you novices, an alternate account made with a different e-mail, for the sake of RPing the champion you wish to take up), preferably something along the lines of "Ask Ezreal" or "Ask Explorer", or something, or just change your summoner name (with RP)

-------------------------

Creating an "Ask Champion" thread for an upcoming champion

We Roleplayers were doing very well pertaining to new champions until the release of Jayce, the Defender of Tomorrow, in which three separate "Ask" accounts for him suddenly popped up in the RP Forum a week or more before his official release. But then with the release of Zyra, Rise of Thorns, a more serious ritual needed to be implemented regarding claiming an as-of-yet-released Champion.

-------------------------

Currently running

Ahri

Akali

Alistar

Amumu

Anivia

Annie

Ashe

Blitzcrank

Brand

Caitlyn

Cassiopeia

Cho’Gath (Gentleman)

Corki

Darius

Diana

Dr. Mundo

Draven

Elise

Evelynn

Ezreal

Fiddlesticks

Fiora

Fizz

Galio

Gangplank

Garen

Gragas

Graves

Hecarim

Heimerdinger

Irelia

Janna

Jarvan IV

Jax

Jayce

Karthus

Kassadin

Katarina

Kayle

Kennen

Kha'Zix

Kog'Maw

LeBlanc

Lee Sin

Leona

Lulu

Lux

Malphite

Malzahar

Maokai

Master Yi

Miss Fortune

Mordekaiser

Morgana

Nami

Nasus

Nautilus

Nidalee

Nocturne

Nunu

Olaf (Brolaf)

Orianna

Pantheon

Poppy

Rammus

Renekton

Rengar

Riven

Rumble

Ryze

Sejuani

Shaco

Shen

Shyvana

Singed

Sion

Sivir

Skarner

Sona

Soraka

Swain

Syndra

Talon

Taric

Teemo

Tristana

Trundle

Tryndamere

Twisted Fate

Twitch

Udyr

Urgot

Varus

Vayne

Veigar

Vi

Viktor

Vladimir

Volibear

Warwick

Wukong

Xerath

Xin Zhao (ManZhao)

Yorick

Zed

Ziggs

Zilean

Zyra

----------------------------

Champion Exemptions

Galio (I just....I have mad respect for him making the original list and can't stand the thought of seeing him be replaced)

---------------------------

Champions that haven't updated/are available to take

Amumu (Available)
Brand (Available)
Corki (Available)
Dr. Mundo (Available)
Gangplank (Available)
Kayle (Available)
Nasus (?)
Olaf (Available)
Pantheon (Available)
Poppy (Available)
Rengar (Available)
Skarner (Available)
Singed (Available)
Tryndamere (Available)
Twitch (Available?)
Veigar (Available)
Viktor (Available)
Warwick (Available)
Xerath (Available)

Írillyth 07-18-2012 10:48 AM

Not the right Yorick thread D:

Trol0lol0loll 07-18-2012 10:48 AM

You guys have my permission to take over Blitzcrank if you want, I have enough trouble just keeping up with Shaco. Maybe I'll update his board later tonight though, more insanity to come.

Helpful board Vik.

Ask the Herald 07-18-2012 10:49 AM

I'm going through and changing all the obsolete threads to the current ones.

Ask the Herald 07-18-2012 10:58 AM

I'm still going through each thread, this'll take a bit, so if I miss any then be sure to let me know.

SorakaxWarwick 07-18-2012 11:05 AM

This is the current Soraka thread :P

Ask the Herald 07-18-2012 11:14 AM

Thanks, Soraka. That saved me some trouble.

Iron Ambássador 07-18-2012 11:18 AM

Also, Vik. I know this would give some extra work but might clarify things for some, but I think you should do what Galio did and add the names of those running the threads without the "Ask X" account. :3
Also, how nice of you to help out Galio in his tough time like this.

Vice Emargo 07-18-2012 11:21 AM

Herald, make another list, and move the ones that are "not running", as in, the poster is not responding anymore, like Nulllight's "Ask Cho'Gath", the last time he's posted in a couple months ago, therefore, "Ask Cho'Gath" is not running. So you should make another list to keep track of the ones that are not running, if you want, I could go through and do this, seeing as we both have no lives outside of this forum, I can take the time to do this.

Ask the Monkey 07-18-2012 11:21 AM

Lets wait till page 8 before unleashing random ****. Ok?