League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 21

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   @Riot-Leona: Shouldn't She Be AP? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2364207)

Lady Ash 07-16-2012 12:20 PM

@Riot-Leona: Shouldn't She Be AP?

Seriously. When I look at Leona and her abilities she just screams AP tank. I've been playing her a lot recently, and she just feels like she's missing something. I think making her AP would be an excellent touch. Tell me what you think. :D

This Quote by axessandpears wins the thread so far.

Quote:

Abilities normally scale off of ap, but this doesn't suggest that the champions should be ap. Leona is meant to be a tank, but she lacks the damage or quite enough threatening cc to really work that way.

Because Leona lacks the damage to solo or jungle effectively, she is relegated to a 0 cs support role, where she cannot afford the items necessary to be a strong tank. Leona needs some kind of major change to be any better.
Riot, please do something. I'm talking about Riot giving her more Ability Power, which would make her abilities have more of a punch.But I think I'd be happy with more Armor or anything at this point. She just seems like she's missing something. Like the others have pointed out, she just doesn't have enough damage/supportiness to really fill the role given to her.

Lady Ash 07-16-2012 12:22 PM

Also, one think I hate about her is that she is considered a "support tank." The bad thing about that is, it seems harder for me to get assists as her. She has no heal, aura or barrier to be placed on the AD carry in lane. So usually I'm constantly missing out on assists when my AD gets a kill (champion or minion). This seems to be a problem as well. Thoughts?

Nea De Penserhir 07-16-2012 12:27 PM

If your carry is getting a kill all by themselves against a carry and another support, frankly, I wouldn't worry about not getting assist gold. Because you're just there to look pretty when your Carry is soloing.

Lady Ash 07-16-2012 12:32 PM

No I'm usually there in the fray, but I have noticed a loss of assists. There is definitely a difference when I'm play as Sona and then Leona.

TheCajungreg 07-16-2012 12:50 PM

The real question is why are you playing Leona? She is basically the Karma of the tanks, you know how Karma is the laughing stock between the other supports? Well that's Leona with the other tanks.

axesandspears 07-16-2012 12:51 PM

Abilities normally scale off of ap, but this doesn't suggest that the champions should be ap. Leona is meant to be a tank, but she lacks the damage or quite enough threatening cc to really work that way.

Because Leona lacks the damage to solo or jungle effectively, she is relegated to a 0 cs support role, where she cannot afford the items necessary to be a strong tank. Leona needs some kind of major change to be any better.

Lady Ash 07-16-2012 01:03 PM

Thank you axesandspears. That was very insightful, and I agree. I really wish that Riot would do something, cause she could be SO awesome. I really love her lore, abilities and concepts. I think she would make a great AP tank like Amumu, she just needs some tweaking. :(

Yvo 07-16-2012 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axesandspears (Hozzászólás 27022318)

This is pretty much it, and the first half is a major itemization issue that used to affect pre-buff shen.

Skills scale off AP, yet you need to build to be a tank, so your skills get 0 AP. There's 1 decent durability AP item in the game that actually adds to what a tank can do, and that's rylai's.

Chill77 07-16-2012 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvo (Hozzászólás 27022882)
This is pretty much it, and the first half is a major itemization issue that used to affect pre-buff shen.

Skills scale off AP, yet you need to build to be a tank, so your skills get 0 AP. There's 1 decent durability AP item in the game that actually adds to what a tank can do, and that's rylai's.

Abyssal is a nice one as well.
If Leona could solo a lane well, I'd probably go for a build like cd boots/mr boots, abyssal, sunfire/frozen/randuins and rylai's maybe. With masteries you should get an extra 10% cd, and abyssal is great on her passive. If only she didn't have such terrible solo laning, or at least better support...

kityypants 07-16-2012 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRussiangreg (Hozzászólás 27022277)
The real question is why are you playing Leona? She is basically the Karma of the tanks, you know how Karma is the laughing stock between the other supports? Well that's Leona with the other tanks.

your kidding right . lol . she is pretty awesome . a single stun a stun that could stun a team . a slow and a ability start fights . yeah . ok . worst tank ever . lol . she can turn a team fight around greatly .