League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Junglers That Don't Rely On Ganks ? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2361041)

Onerblack 07-15-2012 01:17 PM

Junglers That Don't Rely On Ganks ?

I am searching for a champion that jungle and don't need to get nice ganks to be usefull.

These are the champions that I already have and I am not sure if they rely on ganks (but I am sure that they can jungle) :(

- Jarvan IV
- Lee Sin
- Jax
- Fiddlesticks
- Nautilus
- Shen

I was thinking about buying one of these, but I don't know how their jungle works:

- Olaf
- Gangplank
- Udyr
- Shyvana

Thank you for any help, I am really needing this. I really need some tips on how those junglers works :-(

Ur little sister 07-15-2012 01:23 PM

- Olaf: he's one of my favorite junglers. Honastly, he's lacking somewhat. He's potentially the fastest jungler in the game, but ONLY when he has blue buff. He also needs some succesful ganks to really shine, so I'm guessing that's a nogo? :(

- Gangplank: was overnerfed in my opinion. He gets outclassed in a lot of aspects. His main gimmick is being able to intervene in 2 lanes at the same time. If I remember well, he requires A LOT of items to really be effective, so that also means getting good ganks off :(.

Udyr and Shyvana are more gank/farm-independant.

powwder 07-15-2012 01:34 PM

Well technically all jungles need to gank. Ganking not only supplements your income (you will be underfarmed unless you take a lanes cs or Hardcore counterjungle) but more importantly helps your lane a lot.

Only jungles that would still be good if a lot of failed tanks would have to be ones like Mumu where they have a lot of utility with little gold. I used Mumu as an example because his ult can.change fights even if he is underfarmed. now a farmed jungle Mumu is scary as hell but even a underfarmed Mumu can air stun everyone for 2 secs.

ìćęŃ 07-15-2012 01:36 PM

AD Sion. It's better to farm minions as much as you can because once you get enough HP you just automatically win the game.

Alaidia 07-15-2012 01:49 PM

Just get GP10 items and that'll help supplement your income in between camps. J4 for example can start with regrowth pendant and 1 pot and then back after 2nd wratihs in standard blue route (thats lvl 4 btw) and buy a Philo Stone. Or if your leash was good enough then you can do wolves again and usually have enough for boots too.

That being said... If your goal is a jungle that doesn't need to gank, do NOT jungle.
DO
NOT
JUNGLE
You aren't ready for that commitment or responsibility. No offence. If you need to be told this then I reconmend searching on google for how to jungle then ask the correct question for a new jungler; "which jungle has the easiest or best ganks?"

Onerblack 07-15-2012 01:59 PM

I am not saying that i want a jungler that dosen't gank, but one that won't be useless if he can't get many kills or assists and keep up with his cs.

DemonMastr66 07-15-2012 02:05 PM

well then shyvana, udyr, and olaf are probably well suited for that. they can clear very fast, counterjungle very effectively (so you can shut down one of their members without even ganking), and are still rather powerful late game. additionally, all three can gank really well too, so you can do basically whatever you feel like or what your team needs.

q12w23e34 07-15-2012 02:07 PM

I would recomend skarner. If you want to use triforce though you do need to gank well. You could just get cdr items and stuff and be tank easily.

Onerblack 07-15-2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonMastr66 (Hozzszls 26985488)
well then shyvana, udyr, and olaf are probably well suited for that. they can clear very fast, counterjungle very effectively (so you can shut down one of their members without even ganking), and are still rather powerful late game. additionally, all three can gank really well too, so you can do basically whatever you feel like or what your team needs.

I guess I am going this way... Wich one would you recommend for a newbie at jungle?

SaveTheMaids 07-15-2012 03:24 PM

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...4118#chapter30

Every jungler can benefit from a good gank.

However, I would say the junglers that are the least item/farm dependent, yet get a fair amount of free damage in their kit are best for what you're describing.

Many of them clear so fast that counter-jungling/ganking is what you're left with as your camps respawn. Why not take advantage and get some free kills/assists?