League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   advice vs darius early game (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2359418)

Sythik Mime 07-14-2012 10:58 PM

advice vs darius early game

i play irelia up top solo a lot so i more or less dont have issues. EXCEPT when im 1 v 1 against darius, hes been a pain in my ass for since he was released. honestly i cant sustain a lane when against darius and im just between a wall and a really hard place on how to go about it. if anyone can give me some advice as to how i can fare better against darius it would be most appreciated. if you want to know what items i use, i like to start off with regrowth pendant and a red pot. eventually building off into philosophers stone. then getting heart of gold for double gold gen. and i usually pick up merc treads before heart of gold. and then finally around mid game building trinity force. it was probably a bit more than needed on what i build but i guess its fine. once again if there are any suggestions or maybe an item i can pick up that defers from what ive just mentioned, then it would be most helpful. thx

Vardnemar 07-15-2012 12:07 AM

Darius' counter is ranged champions that can poke at him and whittle him down.

You won't be able to beat everychampion with Irelia and may have to pick up another champ to counter-pick him.

Gramps69 07-16-2012 06:57 AM

Wait for them to pick darius,
Instalock Teemo,
???
PROFIT

Judas Priest 10-11-2012 07:39 PM

Teemo can't beat Darius, since Q, E and R works even when blinded. Additionally, a Thornmail makes ad Teemo suicides trying to kill Darius. So far, no top laner has given me too much trouble when I play as Darius, but I think Vladimir would be a tough opponent. He can constantly harass with his ranged Q and he can dogde Darius ult with his pool, if timed correctly.

Kaoelith 10-12-2012 02:55 AM

ww beats darius IF you are good with him

tanks do fairly well against him also

jayce, teemo, and vlad out range him, kennen does also but due to his rush and ulti it's a bad idea without zhonyas as first main item

top lane is more about snowballing from ganks than 1v1 really, anyone with one or two good ganks can turn a counter into a outleveled doesn't matter if you counter anymore situation

Whos Fava 10-12-2012 04:44 AM

Better nerf irelia :p

XxxLumberJackxxX 10-12-2012 07:17 AM

Start boots/pots. Get chainmail.
GG

Azerax53 10-12-2012 09:34 AM

Your problem is your playing Irelia against Darius. I'm not saying Irelia is bad it's just that Darius counters Irelia. Darius is one of the champions Irelia has serious issues with. Jayce, Kayle and Garen can are fairly strong counters to Darius. Jayce can harass from far away and later in game does serious amounts of damage. Kayle's Ultimate completely counters Darius' ultimate essentially making Darius waste his ulti and has a ranged harass as well. Garen's main reason he counter darius is because he can trade hits with him and he tends to be tankier than Darius in early game. Garen also can silence Darius with his Q which has a low cooldown and then has his W to help absorb some of the damage then he just spins to win. I'm not saying Irelia is bad it's just that Darius counters Irelia.