League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stop calling Darius OP (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2358713)

themaddscientist 07-14-2012 07:26 PM

Stop calling Darius OP

I understand that a fed Darius can absolutely go to town on your team. I understand that he's hard to beat with most top characters. I also understand that you're probably mad at me for posting this thread in the first place.

Still, Darius isn't unbeatable. I have found that a tanky DPS such as Malphite and Chogath can both push him out of the lane.

For Malphite, my favorite solo top, my big problem is that before his ultimate, his only gap closer is his q, and it takes a lot of mana that you simply don't have sometimes. Darius fixes that for you and pulls you right towards him. Thank him for his service to your team by slowing his attack speed, movement speed, and by increasing your own attack damage and armor. Whenever a Darius does that to me, I don't run away and call him OP, that's exactly what he wants me to do. However, he's a tanky ad champ, but he's an ad champ, so I'm going to tank his abilities and make him regret fighting me. Nine times out of ten, I emerge with more health even before my passive comes back.

For Chogath, if he starts beating you around, throw your own weight around. If he pulls you, a scream in the face will keep him from using his other abilities on you. By the time that wears off, he's either running from or getting hit by your grounds spikes. You can go get some health by getting more cs while he gets to watch you in fear of something happening, such as you dropping your death-bringing ult first.

I'm sure there are other champions out there who can shut down Darius in the laning phase, but this has been my experience with two of my favorite top champions.

TL;DR Stop complaining, there are champs who can beat him.

MeltedWater 07-14-2012 07:54 PM

TL;DR: Darius OP.

PlayWithMe69 07-14-2012 07:56 PM

Darius OP

Wrathofrecca 07-14-2012 08:37 PM

TLDR Darius OP.

Etherimp 07-14-2012 08:37 PM

Darius not OP. I agree with this thread... although I prefer other champs to counter him. Mordekaiser es #1.

Aikimiller 07-15-2012 12:42 AM

You're argument that he isn't OP is that there are a small subset of champions that are capable of not getting completely trashed by him?

You do realize that is sotra the definition of OP, right?

CyanideVii 07-15-2012 12:56 AM

He's OP

Etherimp 07-15-2012 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aikimiller (Hozzászólás 26968074)
You're argument that he isn't OP is that there are a small subset of champions that are capable of not getting completely trashed by him?

You do realize that is sotra the definition of OP, right?

And by a "small subset" you mean...

-About 1/3rd of the standard top-lane champs

-Having a jungler in the game.

-Anyone with the ability to kite.

-Any mage with CC. (90% of mages)

-Guardian Angel

-Anivia, Zilean, Kayle, Sivir, Morgana, Jana

-Red potions.

-A tank who can peel for you

-Health items

etc..etc..etc..

People rage over Darius not because he is OP but because his ultimate feels "unfair".. The fact that it executes you is one thing.. The fact that it resets it's cooldown when it does kill you, is what ACTUALLY makes Darius imbalanced.

Cho'gath and Garen have similar ultimates, but nobody whines about them because they have to wait 1-2 minutes to cast their ulti again.

Darius has legitimately high damage on his abilities, but his auto attack and the rest of his stats are not all that impressive. He's easily countered on top lane.

Kasadin or Feed 07-15-2012 06:05 PM

Yorick

Hirumonogatari 07-15-2012 06:08 PM

i definitely feel the same way that i don't mind his kit, even his passive. what i do mind is his ult that refreshes on kill. there are many other ults out there that is execution style (cait's lackluster ult comes to mind) why should darius get special treatment?

even katarina's ult doesn't refresh on kill. yi's does, but yi's ult doesn't come with a 600+true damage nuke either.