League of Legends Community
12345 ... 11

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Elo hell, myth? or fact? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2357859)

puddimaster42 07-14-2012 02:43 PM

Elo hell, myth? or fact?

I personally say its a fact. Yes, low elo players do blame one another and it destroys teamwork (which is the key to victory mostly) but there are some things even good players cannot get past.

When a team does not drop 1 ward all game, or last pick picks a jungle even tho we have a jungle, or mid afk's 5 min in, and jungle ganks w/ 1/8 hp and feeds double buffs to the carry lane can you really say elo hell doesnt exist?

when you get blamed for feeding because you're getting 3 man ganked as a carry but have a support who doesnt even try to save you or even drop a single ward can you say elo hell doesnt exist?

ill take blame for feeding slightly but once again, if im doing my part of trying to farm shouldnt my team be doing their part of warding and helping me live?

LiGhTsOuT1066 07-14-2012 02:53 PM

True

Fluffyknowsyou 07-14-2012 03:21 PM

Playing in really low elo is like playing in normals.

ManicPhilosopher 07-14-2012 03:39 PM

I have to ask one question. What is your win/loss ratio in ELO hell? Not the overall, though if you have spent very long in there, then it would be the same thing.
If it's 1:1, then it isn't ELO hell at all, it's the system working as intended.

Rawrful 07-14-2012 05:08 PM

Everyone who I have ever met in person that claims to be in Elo hell fully deserves to be at the Elo they are at. Every. Single. One.

Its a myth propogated by poor players to make themselves look better. Think of it like this, if you say you are stuck in Elo hell because no one on your team buys wards.. That means your opponent has the same thing. You drop just a few critical wards, and it massively MASSIVELY helps our team win. Your allies have poor map awareness? Ping every time you see a gank coming, ping every time you see an objective open. Instead of saying 'Everyone else sucks' say 'how can I make sucky people win?' and you'll find yourself doing much, much better.

Modgey 07-14-2012 05:24 PM

I have 730 elo. It is not the skill level that makes it HELL. It is the fact that most of the people in this rank or lower only know three words "Fuk, Faggt, and Noobs." Every single game consists of 1 to 3 teammates flaming the entire team for 20 mins while the 1 to 2 other players are usually afk.

Vizzlepeez 07-14-2012 05:28 PM

Ok but howd u get in elo hell in the first place? Its cuz u fell to the elo u deserve

ManicPhilosopher 07-14-2012 05:29 PM

The other team has the same issues you do....

Rillain 07-14-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rawrful (Hozzászólás 26953480)
Everyone who I have ever met in person that claims to be in Elo hell fully deserves to be at the Elo they are at. Every. Single. One.

Its a myth propogated by poor players to make themselves look better. Think of it like this, if you say you are stuck in Elo hell because no one on your team buys wards.. That means your opponent has the same thing. You drop just a few critical wards, and it massively MASSIVELY helps our team win. Your allies have poor map awareness? Ping every time you see a gank coming, ping every time you see an objective open. Instead of saying 'Everyone else sucks' say 'how can I make sucky people win?' and you'll find yourself doing much, much better.

I wish you met me :(

TeknoWizard 07-14-2012 09:42 PM

Man, down votes. Down votes everywhere.

Very little ranked experience here, yet a few things that I already know to be true.

-A: Yes, you deserve your Elo. I can almost guarantee that if you made a smurf, got up to 30 and had the same everything, you will end up around the same Elo you are at now.

-B: You have better chances at not getting a troll that the other team, thus every single game you have an advantage. Your team has 5 people. You are the only known variable, the only known non-troll. Thus you have 4 potential trolls on your team. The other team has 5 potential trolls on their team, because they have no known variable, IE they don't have you.

-C: You're not as good as you think you are. I know that when I'm doing well, I feel like I should be top of the NA servers. Then I play like **** the next game. And it reminds me I'm not as good as I think I am.