League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How do you deal with alister level 2 Ganks? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2355404)

ShawnPal 07-13-2012 08:42 PM

How do you deal with alister level 2 Ganks?

As top lane, alister often can sneak up on to you from behind. Even if he doesn't, he can close up distance super quickly with flash & headbutt.

As mid lane, same issue. His level 2 ganks will often guarentee firstblood.

Etherimp 07-13-2012 08:49 PM

Don't over-extend?

Use Flash + whatever other escape you have?

Kill your laning opponent and ignore Alistar? He does very little damage.

ShawnPal 07-13-2012 08:57 PM

is not about over extending but their flash & pulverize cover a lot of distance. Meaning even if you stayed very close to the tower, it can still catch up to you.

At level 1 usually the only source of escapes is spells, and flash +headbutt+ pulverize is almost instant.

Lumek 07-13-2012 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etherimp (Hozzászólás 26922456)
Don't over-extend?

Lemme counter this arguement.

I was playing Vlad mid vs Lux, I saw Alistar coming in for a gank, so I pooled the second he got in range to headbutt me and went back to tower, and sat there so that ali would see the gank has failed and he should move on. Alistar proceeds to walk around my wraiths and headbutt pulverize me out from literally in contact with my tower, allowing lux to easily combo me.

What this experience shows us is that alistar cares not for how extended you are, becasue he can simply tank a couple tower hits (this was at level 4, so he didn't have ult) and jump out of tower range when he hits you, meaning that even being in DIRECT CONTACT WITH YOUR TOWER WILL NOT KEEP YOU SAFE.

XCodes 07-13-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumek (Hozzászólás 26923298)

I was playing Vlad mid vs Lux, I saw Alistar coming in for a gank, so I pooled the second he got in range to headbutt me and went back to tower, and sat there so that ali would see the gank has failed and he should move on. Alistar proceeds to walk around my wraiths and headbutt pulverize me out from literally in contact with my tower, allowing lux to easily combo me.

What this experience shows us is that alistar cares not for how extended you are, becasue he can simply tank a couple tower hits (this was at level 4, so he didn't have ult) and jump out of tower range when he hits you, meaning that even being in DIRECT CONTACT WITH YOUR TOWER WILL NOT KEEP YOU SAFE.

You pooled too early. If you just ran back to tower, it didn't matter if he headbutted you, he'd have headbutted you to safety and taken a couple tower shots for his trouble.

Also, lux can combo you from outside tower range all by herself.

EDIT: Oh, and wards.

Etherimp 07-14-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumek (Hozzászólás 26923298)

If I recall correctly, the thread was about LEVEL 2 Alistar ganks...

Hirumonogatari 07-14-2012 07:29 AM

i've never had problems with sub-level 6 alistairs. but once they hit 6, especially after level 8, they just tower dive me all day and im like.. sigh..

ProPlayerEd 07-14-2012 12:37 PM

Try to ward up where he comes from so you will be prepared, and if he comes from behind your tower while the enemy comes towards you to try to get the kill, I pretty sure you can try to go through the river path and around back to turret or to the second tier turret if necessary.

Alistars ganks are very rewarding if done correctly and very hard to avoid due to his CC combo :/.

Quote:

I agree with XCodes, you pooled to early HOWEVER I don't think a good alistar would head butt you to safety. A lot of Vlad players make the mistake of pooling too early.

As said in quotes,
Quote:

so I pooled the second he got in range to headbutt me and went back to tower
Instead of pooling b4 he actually headbutts you, you should have timed it so when he actually activate the spell and is on his way to hit you, you pool so the spell is on a cd and is completely wasted which give you time to hit him a bit and back off. Which would probably tell him that "you ain't gonna fall for his tricks today" and hopefully will precede to jungle, gank elsewhere, or he took too many tower hits due to the pause champs get when you use "dat Troll pool" and will have to recall.

Hope this Helps :)

Lumek 07-14-2012 12:59 PM

Okay I don't have the reflexes to pool that fast, so I did what was within my skill level

Headbutt cooldown is FAR shorter than pool cooldown, even if I had pooled that well he would've still been able to gank me from behind, just might've taken another couple seconds

I wasn't worried about being headbutted, but rather worried about the fact that I had been ganked at level 2 previously by Alistar, so I knew he was more than capable of doing to combo

Yes, Lux CAN combo me without Ali, but the thing is her combo is pretty **** easy to dodge if I'm paying attention, Alistar locks me down so I simply CAN'T dodge it

Yes, the thread was about level 2 ganks, but considering how little damage the Ali took from towers (he took 1, MAYBE 2 hits, easily survivable at lvl 2), I feel it still applies.

Keep in mind that my Vlad example was ONE example. There aren't that many champions that can become untargetable to avoid the gank (Fizz is the only champ that comes to mind that CAN)

And the river path MIGHT have worked, but I definitely couldn't have gone to second tier turret, because alistar was right there.

Etherimp 07-14-2012 05:56 PM

So you're saying you went from full hp to no hp, you have armor runes, you were not overextended, and Alistar and his teammate still killed you without dying under your tower?

I don't buy it.. you were probably over extended.