League of Legends Community
123

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   PVP.net Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Offline mode suggestion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2339836)

KalbG3an 07-10-2012 11:04 AM

Offline mode suggestion
 
Hey all,

I would like to state my suggestion wich is a offline mode for League of Legends,
The reason behind this suggestion is that I usually encounter a high ping (arround 700)
daily after 3 P.M

The whole point of this, "mode", is to allow people to be able to play League of Legends offline
having no troubles at all with the connection. Also, since the bots is pre-programmed to the client
I think we could have bots in it too.

Thanks in advance, I hope you take my suggestion in consdiration.

Fanaticmogg 07-10-2012 11:48 AM

Of course, there would be no way to track IP and XP and wins/losses without giving opportunities for hax, so it would have to be just for practice and fun, but I think this is a good idea - like TF2's Offline Practice mode. In addition, I'd like to reccommend a LAN play mode, with players being able to host their own games on a LAN network to play for fun without IP rewards. It would make League an even better choice for larger LAN parties.

DoomScar 07-10-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fanaticmogg (Hozzászólás 26752531)
Of course, there would be no way to track IP and XP and wins/losses without giving opportunities for hax, so it would have to be just for practice and fun, but I think this is a good idea - like TF2's Offline Practice mode. In addition, I'd like to reccommend a LAN play mode, with players being able to host their own games on a LAN network to play for fun without IP rewards. It would make League an even better choice for larger LAN parties.

^This.

Also, about the IP tracking system. I'm sure it would be easy to do that because there's still a thing called "Match History". They can just save it locally in your computer, and once you log in online, the client detects it and gives you the IP.

And also, I support this thread.bumpbumpbumpbump

BlackTNT 07-12-2012 01:23 AM

awesome suggestion

somtimes i have the same problem

or myabe riot should fix the ping problem because i have never played a game with less than 300 ping ....

Monoream 07-13-2012 07:11 AM

This is really good suggestion, cause me an my friends play Call of Duty LAN often on the bus, being able to play LoL would be great.

Ryan Lee 07-15-2012 08:45 AM

Whoa, this is a really good idea!! Always have this problem. x__x
Riot, please implement this into the game!
Whooo, I support this thread.
buump

Ryan Lee 07-15-2012 08:47 AM

Whoa really good idea, I support this thread too. Riot pleease implement this into the game! Would make all of our lives easier ;)
Buump!

SU kluklu 07-15-2012 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomScar (Hozzászólás 26762240)
^This.

Also, about the IP tracking system. I'm sure it would be easy to do that because there's still a thing called "Match History". They can just save it locally in your computer, and once you log in online, the client detects it and gives you the IP.

And also, I support this thread.bumpbumpbumpbump

Saving information like that locally to record your games allows a hacker to gain easy access to those files and alter them... one could easily give themselves an infinite amount of wins once they find the file and change it

Eblan0r 07-19-2012 01:54 AM

I like this idea, especially since the servers are offline. Though as the previous poster said, you really couldn't have it update online stats as it opens a window for abuse. Just a practice mode to dink around with would be nice though.

Fanaticmogg 07-21-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevinthenoob (Hozzászólás 26983047)
Saving information like that locally to record your games allows a hacker to gain easy access to those files and alter them... one could easily give themselves an infinite amount of wins once they find the file and change it

^

The first rule of preventing cheating online is to not trust the client. The main servers are (almost) guaranteed to be secure and unmodified. The client... not so much.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:17 AM.
123


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc