League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] A collection of Ezreal Builds (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2324424)

FlowyS 07-06-2012 09:14 AM

[Guide] A collection of Ezreal Builds

If you were looking for tips on how to build Ezreal, then I hope this guide will be helpful for you. I listed a lot of ways in which Ezreal can be built and I put them all together in one post for you to try out. Some of these builds, namely all the builds with Standard next to them are used in high level play (1800 ranked elo or higher) so you know it is a good one*. My goal is to have every single build listed here viable for above average competitive play (level 30s with 1400 ranked elo or higher) and suited for a general purpose game in which the enemy has a mix of physical and magical damage. This means I hope that even the fun builds like lightning ezreal can compete with the Standard builds I listed here in the hands of skilled above average players. I will constantly try to update this guide and tweak it to make sure the builds maximize their own unique strategy and are fun and enjoyable to play for all types of players. Build these builds in the order I list them because the build order matters a lot during early and mid game. Enjoy!

*Although high elo players do actually counter build and will build differently based on enemy builds so there are slight variations. I only listed the build for a general purpose.

Bold indicates core build, which is the build aimed at mid game.

1. Standard AD Carry Build (the one size fits all AD carry build, works on every single ranged AD champion in the game)
Skill: R > W > Q > E. At level 4, have 1 rank each for non-ultimate skills.
Doran's Blade
Berzerker Boots
Infinity Edge
Vampire Specter
Zeal

Phantom Dancer
Last Whisper
Bloodthrister
Guardian Angel
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ezrea...33,64&level=18
Description: The standard one size fits all build! It will greatly increase Ezreal's 1 vs 1 potentional by making his basic attacks hurt more. It is designed to deal a lot of damage his basic attacks. Mana will be an issue with this build so I recommend players to manage it wisely (always save mana for a kill if you want to kill someone) or grab blue buff if your other champions don't need it as much as you. If you also want slightly more damage, a green elixir is recommended after Infinity Edge to further boost the damage if needed.

2. Standard AP Ezreal Build
Skill: R > W > Q > E, At level 4, have 1 rank each for non-ultimate skills.
Doran's Ring
Boots of Lucidity
Sheen
Rabadon's Deathcap

Lichbane
Archangel's Staff
Zhonya's Ring
Void Staff
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ezrea...4,116&level=18
Description: AP Ezreal is a build that relies a lot on skill shots. Way more than AD Ezreal because at least AD Ezreal has his basic attacks to fall on. You really should aim carefully and try to deal the highest amount of damage possible with your skill shots. Remember than your W and R can hit multiple enemies (even the entire enemy team if they line up!). Mana will be a bigger issue so try your best to conserve it because you will need it. A blue buff is highly recommended for this champion. Try your best to farm and not get push back to your tower and lose creep score. Once you get Archangel's Staff, you shouldn't have any more mana troubles and can freely spam your ultimate for massive damage about every couple of minutes (try to target as much champions as possible :D).

3. Standard Trinity Force Ezreal Build
Boots of Speed + 3 Hp potions
Doran's Blade
Berserker Boots
Trinity Force
Vampire Specter

Infinity Edge
Bloodthirster
Last Whisper
Guardian Angel
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ezrea...33,64&level=18
Description: Trinity Force is a very verstatile item designed for hit and run tactics. It isn't like Infinity Edge where basic attacks do most of the damage. In this case, most of your damage will be from Sheen procs with Mystic Shot. Aim it well and you will be rewarded with one charge of Rising Spell Force (10% attack speed, stacks up to 5 times), a speed debuff due to Phage, and a huge advantage against whoever you fight. Once you get Infinity Edge, then your basic attacks start to kick in a to deal tons of damage. Like the Standard AD Build, this build suffers from lack of mana so be sure to manage it wisely (same thing as above, save enough mana for a kill if you want to kill an enemy champion) or get a blue buff.

4. Recommended AD Ezreal Build (very good for players new to Ezreal)
Skill: R > Q > E > W. At level 4, have 1 rank each for non-ultimate skills.
Doran's Blade
Boots of Speed
Manamune
Boots of Lucidity
Bloodthrister

Trinity Force
Last Whisper
Banshee's Veil
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ezrea...8&fspells=true
Description: The recommended build that is designed to allow new players to feel more comfortable with Ezreal's skill or for pro players who want a huge mana pool to take advantage of. With Manamune and Bloodthrister, you will have massive sustain so feel free to take that advantage if you like to trade with your enemy and then heal up with Bloodthrister. Every enemy hit adds a charge of Rising Spell Force (10% attack speed, stacks up to 5 times), and bonus mana due to Manamune so don't be afraid to use your huge mana pool! The more mana you use, the more mana and AD Manamune gives later on. Every 1000 mana is worth 20 Attack Damage. With your huge mana pool, don't be afraid to also use your ultimate often. If you know your enemy has very little healing abilities, cripple them with a Trueshot Barrage! The advantage with this build is that it gives a ton of sustain and mana, the disadvantage is lowered damage.

5. Hybrid Ezreal Build
Skill: R > Q = W = E (skill Q, W, and E equally).
Boots of Speed + 3 Hp pots
Guinsoo's Rageblade
Vampire Specter
Manamune
Boots of Lucidity

Trinity Force/Lichbane
Infinity Edge/Rabadon's Deathcap
Hextech Gunblade
AD Choice
AP Choice
Description: The build designed for people who don't know to get AD or AP or want to feel like every single aspect of Ezreal kicks ass. Your basic attacks and spells all do average damage! Horray for average! But if you combine both AD and AP together then it actually deals a very sizeable chunk of damage. Rageblade is one of the most cost-efficient items in the game when it reaches 8 stacks. A good tactic will be to charge up Rageblade, then fire your W, E and R for massive damage early into the game. Try to use all your spells and remember than you are a hybrid, not a pure AD carry. After your core build, you can choose to into the late game with the AD route with Infinity Edge or the AP route with Rabadon's Deathcap. If you go the AD route, your basic attacks will match an AD carry. If you go the AP route, your spell will match an AP carry., nor will you match the burst potentional of a pure AP carry. This build gives you the flexibility of going either AD or AP late game, making it hard for your opponents to counter build you.

Fun Builds
These should be built in life or death situations in which a great brave champion heed the call to be awaken or if you won the lottery. Either way playing these builds will probably make everyone either jealous of your awesomeness or rage like crazy (also in your awesomeness).

6. Lightning Ezreal Build
Doran's Blade
Berzerker Boots
Black Cleaver
Ionic Spark
Vampire Specter

Infinity Edge
Nashor's Tooth
Guardian Angel
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ezrea...44,64&level=18
Description: Feel the power of Lightning as you strike your foes with thunder! They shall quiver as you attack faster than anyone has attacked ever before! Smite your enemies with the power of lightning bolts from above! If the power of lightning doesn't make them be stunned for 10 seconds by your powerz then the "tons of damage" with Trinity Force will even if you don't build it at all. It doesn't matter even if your enemy hides behind the tank, because your lightning wall hacks and shoots people behind the tank. One shot, 4 targets, that's how you show them a true display of skill.

7. Hit me, I'm Ezreal Build
Skill: R > E or W > Q (Your choice to max E for better escapes or max W to reduce/increase enemy/ally attack speed. Take at least 1 rank of Q early on to poke or last hit)
Regen Pendant + Hp pot
Philosopher's stone
Heart of Gold
Ninja Tabi
Wit's End

Frozen Mallet
Atma's Impaler
Shurelya's Reverie
Randuin's Omen
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/ezrea...4,105&level=18
Description: Getting tired of always being focused cause you are the carry? Your team is all squishy and no one tanks? Look no more! Ezreal always has a solution only a true brave explorer is capable of. By brave I mean run yourself in the frontlines and hope your teammates kill the enemy before you die. If things get really bad, use your escape buttons (Reverie and Omen) and run like the wind! If it "Sounds dangerous" then "I'm in!".

--------------------------------------------------------------

Mathcraft damage calculation
Please note that Physical dps counts only basis attacks and sheen procs, it doesn't count the damage skills do! Please note that Magical dps only counts the damage skills do and sheen proc! This damage calculation also does not include Ezreal's passive which gives 0% - 50% attack speed.

* Sheen is assumed an average proc every 4 seconds due to the fact that average players won't proc it every 3 seconds in reality.
** Rageblade and Bloodthrister are assumed fully charged
Physical Health damage formula = (Health) * ((Armor+100)/100)
Magic Health damage formula = (Health) * ((Magic Resist + 100)/100)
Physical Dps formula = (Attack Damage) * (Attack Speed) * (1 + (%Crit Chance)*(%Crit Dmg) / 2 ) + (Sheen proc)/4*
Magic Dps formula = (Attack Speed/4) * (Ionic Spark proc) + (Magic Dmg per attack) * (Attack Speed)
Magic Burst formula = W + E + R
Physical Burst formula = Q + Sheen proc
Total Dps = Physical dps + Magical dps
Total Burst = Physical burst + Magical burst
Light armor = 75 Armor/50 Magic Resist
Medium armor = 150 Armor/100 Magic Resist
Heavy armor = 225 Armor/150 Magic Resist

Note that Ezreal's passive is not counted in Dps calculation so real dps will be higher than stated

1. Standard AD Build
Physical Health = 4350
Magical Health = 3007
Dps
vs light = 565 dps
vs medium = 431 dps
vs heavy = 349 dps
Burst
vs light = 1286
vs medium = 996
vs heavy = 821
Build cost = 15485 gold

2. Standard AP Build
Physical Health = 4028
Magical Health = 2864
Dps
vs light = 153 dps
vs medium = 107 dps
vs heavy = 82 dps
Burst
vs light = 2681
vs medium = 2112
vs heavy = 1749
Build cost = 16370 gold

3. Standard Trinity Force Build
Physical Health = 4957
Magical Health = 3427
Dps
vs light = 512 dps
vs medium = 391 dps
vs heavy = 316 dps
Burst
vs light = 1441
vs medium = 1087
vs heavy = 872
Build cost = 16710 gold

4. Recommended Ezreal Build
Physical Health = 4226
Magical Health = 4347
Dps
vs light = 355 dps
vs medium = 271 dps
vs heavy = 220 dps
Burst
vs light = 1427
vs medium = 1076
vs heavy = 863
Build Cost = 15235 gold

5a. Hybrid Build AD Route
Physical Health = 3570
Magical Health = 2652
Dps
vs light = 428 dps
vs medium = 300 dps
vs heavy = 230 dps
Burst
vs light = 1724
vs medium = 1274
vs heavy = 1011
Build cost = 16920 gold

5b. Hybrid Build AP Route
Physical Health = 3133
Magical Health = 2864
Dps
vs light = 329 dps
vs medium = 231 dps
vs heavy = 178 dps
Burst
vs light = 2301
vs medium = 1699
vs heavy = 1347
Build cost = 16090 gold

GhostDonkeys 07-06-2012 10:50 AM

How you get R at level 4 :O

thepantsparty 07-06-2012 12:19 PM

why would you recommend that an ezreal player build a manamune

FlowyS 07-07-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepantsparty (Hozzászólás 26590628)
why would you recommend that an ezreal player build a manamune

Manamune is a good item for mana and AD, two stats that Ezreal needs. Mana is good for new players who don't have mana regeneration runes or masteries, which hinders Ezreal early on in the game. The mana and AD will greatly help people because it will make people make better use of Ezreal's passive, which requires Ezreal to hit 5 targets with his spells to fully charge it up and gain 75% attack speed. Manamune also help Ezreal to become less blue dependent and more consistent, not being out of mana after a few casts of his spell. At late game, manamune also greatly grows in power as at 3k mana , Manamune grants (2.2k gold for 80 AD and 1350 mana). A value that outmatches Infinity Edge (3.8k gold for 80 AD 25% crit) and Bloodthrister most of the time (3k gold for 80 avg AD and 16% avg life leech). For example, the Recommended build actually outmatch the Standard AD carry and Trinity Force build at late game in my opinion due to how versatile it is with a huge mana pool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostDonkeys (Hozzászólás 26587597)
How you get R at level 4 :O

I meant non-ultimate skills. I didn't mean to get R at level 4.

---

Added Lightning Ezreal Build.

Boomstick II 07-07-2012 07:40 AM

I would not recommend CDR boots on AP Ezreal. Sorc boots are much better imo.

FlowyS 07-07-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boomstick II (Hozzászólás 26624989)
I would not recommend CDR boots on AP Ezreal. Sorc boots are much better imo.

Sorc boots do not work well with Void Staff. CDR boots allow Ezreal to shoot more spells, they may hit slightly less but you can shoot more of them with CDR. Shooting more spells also improves damage. Archangel's Staff also work better with more spells fired.

Boomstick II 07-07-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlowyS (Hozzászólás 26625157)
Sorc boots do not work well with Void Staff. CDR boots allow Ezreal to shoot more spells, they may hit slightly less but you can shoot more of them with CDR. Shooting more spells also improves damage. Archangel's Staff also work better with more spells fired.

Build sorc boots first, then later on switch them out for CDR boots. That's what I do, although it rarely gets to that point.

Especially if you're going to try to build AAS on him (which I don't recommend) because that requires you to build tear. If you have tear and CDR boots while the enemy AP carry has sorc boots and a blasting rod, they'll do way more damage than you. And then they'll finish their RDC well before you as well, and continue to increase the damage gap. If you really really need mana regen/mana, then I'd suggest just getting athene's holy grail. It will also give you the CDR you want, a ton of mana regen, and a good amount of mana. Plus, it gives you MR to help stop you from blowing up too fast, whereas AAS doesn't provide any survivability.

I recommend building him like a standard AP carry, with sorc boots, two dorans, RBC, but then build LB instead of void. Use mana regen/lvl seals so you will have enough mana mid game and onwards, and don't spam too much early game.

You can build sheen early on, but personally, I've had a lot more success rushing RBC for the much higher burst potential than having the sheen. Once you have the AP to boost your LB procs, then it's worth going for LB, which is why I like to build that after the hat.

thepantsparty 07-07-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlowyS (Hozzászólás 26624164)
Manamune is a good item for mana and AD, two stats that Ezreal needs. Mana is good for new players who don't have mana regeneration runes or masteries, which hinders Ezreal early on in the game. The mana and AD will greatly help people because it will make people make better use of Ezreal's passive, which requires Ezreal to hit 5 targets with his spells to fully charge it up and gain 75% attack speed. Manamune also help Ezreal to become less blue dependent and more consistent, not being out of mana after a few casts of his spell. At late game, manamune also greatly grows in power as at 3k mana , Manamune grants (2.2k gold for 80 AD and 1350 mana). A value that outmatches Infinity Edge (3.8k gold for 80 AD 25% crit) and Bloodthrister most of the time (3k gold for 80 avg AD and 16% avg life leech). For example, the Recommended build actually outmatch the Standard AD carry and Trinity Force build at late game in my opinion due to how versatile it is with a huge mana pool.

I'm a decent Ezreal player, but I've watched plenty of people who are very good at him. I have yet to see any of them build a Manamune and this is why:

Ezreal is at his strongest early and midgame because of his ability to poke and harass in lane, and to burst people in early teamfights. Manamune works against this because it's 2110g that's giving him very few stats until much later. While it's a good item lategame, Ezreal gets outclassed by other AD carries lategame regardless of what he builds. Manamune prevents him from getting the items he needs to take advantage of the period of the game he's at his strongest, and also doesn't prevent him from falling off late.

I used to build Manamune on Ezreal when I started playing him because I spammed Q all day long. The build is a noob trap and only reinforces bad play.

FlowyS 07-07-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thepantsparty (Hozzászólás 26637939)
I'm a decent Ezreal player, but I've watched plenty of people who are very good at him. I have yet to see any of them build a Manamune and this is why:

Ezreal is at his strongest early and midgame because of his ability to poke and harass in lane, and to burst people in early teamfights. Manamune works against this because it's 2110g that's giving him very few stats until much later. While it's a good item lategame, Ezreal gets outclassed by other AD carries lategame regardless of what he builds. Manamune prevents him from getting the items he needs to take advantage of the period of the game he's at his strongest, and also doesn't prevent him from falling off late.

I used to build Manamune on Ezreal when I started playing him because I spammed Q all day long. The build is a noob trap and only reinforces bad play.

You don't always have to build for mid game, some people might want to build for late game. New players who start this game tend to have a very good chance of a late game. A late game item like Manamune will be perfect for new players (level 1 - 10s). One thing to also note is that Manamune allows Ezreal's passive to be up more often. A 75% attack speed buff is a huge boost also. New players will also tend to quickly run out of mana on Ezreal. Without mana regeneration runes or masteries, Ezreal will quickly go out of mana and it is no fun when Ezreal is out of mana. Manamune provides mana for new players (level 1 - 10s).

Of course, if you plan to build for mid game, Manamune is not a good investment.

thepantsparty 07-07-2012 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlowyS (Hozzászólás 26639286)
You don't always have to build for mid game, some people might want to build for late game. New players who start this game tend to have a very good chance of a late game. A late game item like Manamune will be perfect for new players (level 1 - 10s). One thing to also note is that Manamune allows Ezreal's passive to be up more often. A 75% attack speed buff is a huge boost also.

Of course, if you plan to build for mid game, Manamune is not a good investment.

Building for lategame on a champion who falls off lategame compared to other champions in the same role regardless of item build is a really badly thought out plan.