League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Sion counters? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2316044)

vincenthi 07-03-2012 05:45 PM

Sion counters?

I like playing sion and i want to know who counters him and who he does counter when he is played solo top. I build him ad.

I Jungle Or Feed 07-03-2012 05:57 PM

I could be waaay off base here but I've had some really good luck against him with Tristana. I understand she isn't really a solo top type, but her e does dmg to Sion because it works as an ignite. And her w is a good counter to his cc, so yea. That's about all I've got for ya though. Hopefully someone else knows more than I do.

IntrepidPotato 07-03-2012 06:12 PM

Ad sion is EXTREMELY hard to counter due to his insane early damage, adept duelist capabilities and his cc. Sion is very vulnerable to high burst damage which at top would only be kennen since rumble swain vlad have more sustained damage. He is also vulnerable to being kited hardcore. Counters would be kennen (to a point) darius yorick Ap sion in lane teemo urgot (if he can keep his distance) caitlyn ad nidalee also high damage poke and damage that matches his. Ignite is a universal counter to him. Inc ganks that he couldnt escape can put him behind. Noct, shaco, anyone with very dangerous ganks. Ad sion is very viable for solo top and scales up very well. Sorry if this is a bit lengthy.

vincenthi 07-03-2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IntrepidPotato (Hozzászólás 26485691)
Ad sion is EXTREMELY hard to counter due to his insane early damage, adept duelist capabilities and his cc. Sion is very vulnerable to high burst damage which at top would only be kennen since rumble swain vlad have more sustained damage. He is also vulnerable to being kited hardcore. Counters would be kennen (to a point) darius yorick Ap sion in lane teemo urgot (if he can keep his distance) caitlyn ad nidalee also high damage poke and damage that matches his. Ignite is a universal counter to him. Inc ganks that he couldnt escape can put him behind. Noct, shaco, anyone with very dangerous ganks. Ad sion is very viable for solo top and scales up very well. Sorry if this is a bit lengthy.

i see.. but darius? so basically anyone with burst?

Pnasty 07-03-2012 07:05 PM

Anyone who will out damage you in a trade. ie. Burst

IntrepidPotato 07-03-2012 07:10 PM

Burst, ignite, cc or auto attacks that hit harder than his. Darius is a bit controversial depending on the level of skill. Darius with ignite, his passive and his insane damage output can render you useless. Although remember that he has no sustain so if you can interrupt his combo with your Q you out sustain him. It all depends on the situation and skill level though darius has the slight advantage. Another note, not all bursts counter sion. Take akali for example. Akali has amazing burst damage but.is melee and is easily countered by cc. Q should turn the fight im your favor. On the other hand veigar and leblanc totally destroy you with their high burst and the ability to stay out of melee range. Olaf can also counter sion if correctly played. His ult cancels any cc so you would have to just slug it out with him. The damage that olaf outputs is more skill based while sion is an auto attacker. Sion has a slight advantage though olaf gains more as as he loses hp and with proper lifesteal from his w and wriggles he can almost match that sustain. The shield wont do a lot either since olaf punches right through it with his e.

IntrepidPotato 07-03-2012 07:12 PM

To recap burst (depending on the champ) close or equal sustain, higher melee damage or autos.

vincenthi 07-03-2012 07:48 PM

thx for replies, but does he speciffically counter anyone?

Kyrim 07-03-2012 09:01 PM

I'd say if he gets to lategame on AD sion he'll rape and pillage anything in his path. On AP however he is a soft counter for people with high mobility, ie Le Blanc, Ahri, or Kennen due to his high burst and ability to just clear out afterwards.

KoolKat123 07-04-2012 08:18 AM

He gets countered by a ton of people. People who run ignite will immediately shut him down because then his ult is useless. Champs with bleeds like Darius, Fizz with grievous wounds, etc will again shut down his healing. Any crowd control will also take him down as he can no longer heal. Many champions can destroy him and he is very very situational.