League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Stopping 5-man promote premade (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22929)

WesleyC 11-03-2009 05:03 PM

Stopping 5-man promote premade

I just solo queued and got matched against a 5 man team of:

Alistar
Soraka
Kayle
Zilean
Taric

With 3*Promote 2* Rally.

None of them were strong players and we won the early game convincingly, getting ahead on kills and keeping all our towers up. However their Alistar and Soraka rushed enervating lockets, Taric picked up an aegis and they all stacked mana manipulators. At about level 8 they started an unstoppable push down the middle lane.

Our team (all solo queues) was something like:

Nunu
Morgana
Ashe
Shaco
Rammus

None of us had taken fortify. And we just got rolled

Anyone got tactics to counter this kind of plan?

Demosthenes 11-03-2009 05:11 PM

Make sure at least one person on your team takes fort, esp when solo queueing? lol.

WesleyC 11-03-2009 05:36 PM

You think 1 fort would be enough? The problem was that with all the healing and mana regen they'd constantly be at full health/mana and ready to hard push the tower every single creep wave, while we kept being forced back to the fountain to heal.

Glacios 11-03-2009 06:10 PM

Nunu should have had smite. Smite + consume equals almost instantly dead promoted creep. Ashe should have immediately targeted the rally wards, as they die fast but provide a good buff.

As for general strategies, well, aside from massive fortifies/smites, I'm plum out of ideas other than AoE attacks.

11-03-2009 06:57 PM

cc is your best bet. shaco's boxes are pretty darn pro vs a huge mob. as is his ult. but yeah with collective ultimates, you can easily kill them. between nunu's ult and ashe's ult alone thats an immense amount of damage. rammus can also use taunt on kayle to stop him from bubbling someone. but yeah, that is a harsh combo to fight. your dps on that team isnt great dps. im sure ashe's reg attacks were worthless given all those tanks. rammus... is more of a tank than damager. MORGANA THOUGH! her ult is pro in combonation with nunu's ult. esp when the enemies are more focused on take down a tower than anything else. bam! nuke+stun so that nunu can step in and garunteed ult them all. and finally ashe has his pick on who to finish.

11-03-2009 07:19 PM

My premade battled a team like that today. It is a real hassle to come back if they get even two towers. The push team has Soraka, Janna, Alistar, Taric and Kayle. We had Anivia, Warwick, teemo, twitch, and robo. So our group was pretty much a mid game gank group. A few of our ranged carries got executioner's calling later on, but the healing was still really strong. @_@

Dev Remming 11-03-2009 08:43 PM

lol I think i've fought against this team before, only difference was instead it was Blitzcrank instead of Alistar and I think they had a chogath.

They rolled us because every member had a heal (on top of Taric and Soraka) so we couldn't stop them, infact we'd focus fire soraka but between the heals they get it hurt. But I don't remember a whole lot of promotes. I personally don't think its promote that screwed you but rather the team itself, I'm assuming by the time they ran down your mid you effectively could do, nothing due to healing?

I personally just think a team with a mass heals is just very very painful regardless.

ikanbilli 11-04-2009 01:02 AM

I personally do not regard this as a game play style. Just takes the fun out of such a game.

Oh well, I do think something needs to be done to prevent this on the devs side thou. If games like this happen one too often, I don't see many people staying on to continue the game. Not much of a game left. 'Nuff said.

11-04-2009 03:40 AM

i also played this team combo. not sure if it was the same group cuz they had amumu instead of zil. Sadly, our team was ALSO made of all tanks. Suffice to say, the game ended after a VERY long time. they made the unfortunate mistake of going for baron while we were all alive. they killed baron and right afterwords we stomped them.

Acetylsalicylin 11-04-2009 06:27 AM

Well, if you see us doing it, our build is like this:

Alistar - Heal/promote
Soraka - Heal/promote
Taric - Heal/promote
Janna - heal/promote
Kayle - heal/promote

The problem is not with a counter, but with blind pick. If you can't see us picking this, chances are you are not going to be doing a heavy AOE ORGANIZED team. To counter this, something like:

Pirate/Ammumu/Malphite/Ashe/Nasus or sub Nasus for nunu. Anything with huge aoe