League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pantheon (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2290313)

megalon6 06-27-2012 06:59 AM

Pantheon

I've bought pantheon and I'm not very good at him, any tips?
P.S I've read several guides, no help

Amoc 06-27-2012 07:36 AM

Play him more and learn how he rolls. Your question is kind of vague.

Thané 06-27-2012 08:28 AM

max spear shot, get a philo early, harass harass harass. He is bad against champions with a lot of sustain, so try to avoid that matchup. full armor pen runes and ad masteries make that spear sting. Build him atmogs as well. glass cannon pantheon is useless end game.

Warrrrax 06-27-2012 10:42 AM

Pantheon is really strong in dominion. As for SR, he is so-so.

He is an adequate jungler, no sustain but he can block some of the biggest monster hits. No real AoE and attack speed isnt very good on him. But his ganks are pretty good. Gap closer/stun, fast cooldown ranged ability.

Top lane he is alright. Good vs those with Q abilities that reset attacks. He can harass with longrange spear, while having a Block ready. Enemy gapcloses and autoattacks then Q, or just jump/Q, he will BLOCK the first attack entirely. He can either jump and stun right then to refresh his Shield, or jump on them as they try to escape, giving them an autoattack and spear in the back.

However he has no other sustain, so he is better as a counterpick to certain Q-using champs. Gangplank is a good example.

megalon6 06-27-2012 06:25 PM

Thanks, but what items should I hve lategame?
I'm thinking of a infinity blade, warmog, 2 bloodthristers, Impaler and forst hammer. That an okay build?

Warrrrax 06-28-2012 09:18 AM

Uhm, that seems way too expensive and glass cannonish. You dont need to stack all that health, while having zero armor/MR.
Physical casters like this that don't really rely on autoattacks tend to poop out endgame as their damage doesnt scale as well as AP or AD carries. As such, they are usually better off building modestly tanky so they can deal damage while still being difficult to kill.

Ill refer to some actual good panth players. I mostly play him in dominion.
http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?champ=pantheon

Remember, he would like some cooldown reduction, tons of AD, but doesn't really use crit all that effectively.

Typical good items are:

Dorans Blades
Brutalizer - CDR, armor pen, AD all great.
Phage - more toughness, decent AD for the price, free snare.
Hexdrinker - AD and magic resistance, free magic shield.
wriggles - esp if jungling. Probably even if laning top. AD, armor, and good sustain.
Atmas - endgame item for AD and more armor.

So an endgame Panth might look like:

Ionic Boots (my favorite for better CDR), treads is fine too.
Brutalizer - maybe upgrade to ghostblade as a last resort.
Frozen Mallet - upgrade phage as needed for better snare and health.
Wriggles -
Hexdrinker to Maw - upgrade to maw after getting all basic items.
Atma's -

This puts him at close to 3k health, pretty high AD, decent CDR with 10% brut, 15% boots, 8.1 defensive, with 170ish armor, 110ish magic resistance.
This is what I do for Dominion, except start with boots/Pros blade, no Wriggles and I take a Chainmail fairly early and sit on it for most of the game until upgrade to atmas.

D00mGiver 07-18-2012 04:24 PM

For boots i use either merc or ninja depending on the other team.
Then
ghostblade
Black cleaver
atma's
IE
warmogs
That is the general order depending on how fed you are.
If they have a lot of ap and magic casters i might switch out warmogs for force of nature.

You get tons of ad and your survivability is pretty good. The as from BC helps when your spells are on cd. this build owns.

Monkey Style 07-19-2012 07:51 AM

i like to harras w/ panth a lot and the easiest way i have found is spears. i don't like leaping in till i know i can get the kill. save the stun i like getting

merc's
manamune (exstra ad and mana regen ends your mana problems w/ him.
phage
warmog
atma's

then finish frozen