League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   An Introduction and Setting Expectations (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2286863)

George W Nome 06-26-2012 04:52 PM

An Introduction and Setting Expectations
 
Hey guys!

Though we've already become acquainted, consider this our formal introduction. I am the new designer on Twisted Treeline, Dominion, and Proving Grounds. This means that I am a liaison between the community and the live design team, and will provide support on gameplay-related matters, including balance, itemization, mechanics, and bug fixes. This does not include non-gameplay concerns such as matchmaking, queue times, or competitions, though I will escalate and champion them across departments when possible.

I wish to work not just for the community, but with the community, and this means that the effectiveness of our relationship is implicit upon a mutual understanding. I will be happy to provide design input, but in return, expect that debates will be logical and objective. For clarity, I ask that thread titles be reflective of their subject matter; there is no need to draw my attention with "RiotNome", as I will read and respond to all relevant subjects. If you have multiple issues to discuss, start a separate thread for each issue to keep discussions relevant, separate, and on-topic. I will try to address topics across all English-speaking realms, though if there is something deserves an immediate response, you may contact me on Twitter (@RiotNome). Finally, if you have personal or non-topical questions, you may ask them here.

I look forward to improving Dominion together!

inFe eD 06-26-2012 04:56 PM

How's the job experience compared to working at the HoN offices?

Mirror 06-26-2012 05:00 PM

I officially accept your...*sunglasses*...nome-ination as our maps guy.

Gryffo 06-26-2012 05:01 PM

Great, best of luck!

DeanKeaton259 06-26-2012 05:09 PM

Hey. I'm glad you're taking such a proactive stance with the community. Do you have any information about when Ranked Dominion will become available?

I really enjoy competitive play and the current normal dominion queue simply does not do it for me. I find the majority of my games to be trollfests and it saddens me greatly.

We need a tryhard (ranked) option for dominion. If you don't have any information on this can you please inquire with who is in charge of this and get back to us?

Having a ranked mode will speed up your work considerably since it will increase the dominion playerbase dramatically. More players means more feedback and potential problems being fleshed out much more quickly. No one is expecting the game mode to be "perfect" before ranked mode is launched. We just want a competitive option that we're just not getting right now.

ArlanKels 06-26-2012 05:09 PM

So I shouldn't make a thread titled @Nome RiotNome Nomey Nome Go Home Nome Nomester Rioter Redname Named RiotNome?

I don't know....maybe I still should :|a

George W Nome 06-26-2012 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inFe eD (Hozzászólás 26161861)
How's the job experience compared to working at the HoN offices?

They're both fun :)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeanKeaton259 (Hozzászólás 26162460)
Hey. I'm glad you're taking such a proactive stance with the community. Do you have any information about when Ranked Dominion will become available?

I really enjoy competitive play and the current normal dominion queue simply does not do it for me. I find the majority of my games to be trollfests and it saddens me greatly.

We need a tryhard (ranked) option for dominion. If you don't have any information on this can you please inquire with who is in charge of this and get back to us?

Having a ranked mode will speed up your work considerably since it will increase the dominion playerbase dramatically. More players means more feedback and potential problems being fleshed out much more quickly. No one is expecting the game mode to be "perfect" before ranked mode is launched. We just want a competitive option that we're just not getting right now.

There are some responses I've made in other threads that you may be able to dig up, but the gist of it is that we have no impending plans for ranked Dominion and that it rests on several issues being resolved first. I'm sorry, I can't go into much detail here. I know how important ranked Dominion is to you guys.

DeanKeaton259 06-26-2012 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 26162695)
They're both fun :)

There are some responses I've made in other threads that you may be able to dig up, but the gist of it is that we have no impending plans for ranked Dominion and that it rests on several issues being resolved first. I'm sorry, I can't go into much detail here. I know how important ranked Dominion is to you guys.

Thank you for the quick response. It's just pretty frustrating to me that I can't even get half of my friends to play it. They think it's a joke since it still doesn't have a ranked mode. Dominion is really fun, but I just don't feel like people will really take the game mode seriously until ranked is introduced. Sad but true.

Cae vida loka 06-26-2012 05:26 PM

keep up the good work nome

you're doing a better job than morello

Hugo Mann 06-26-2012 05:28 PM

All hail Nome king of the three maps.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 07:14 PM.
12345 ... 6


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc