League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Phantom Dancer Or Infinity Edge? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2277118)

MumfordofHosts 06-24-2012 01:17 PM

Phantom Dancer Or Infinity Edge?

When I play most ad champs, I usually go for a Phantom dancer first. I'm I wrong?

zepherium 06-24-2012 01:23 PM

usually i like to rush a zeal then go for the infinity edge, you get some of the movement speed that way, but some champs like yi or sion would go for PD first due to built in AD

TeknoWizard 06-24-2012 01:34 PM

Sometimes a Bloodthirster is a good first item to go for. I like doing this on Ezreal and Vayne specifically.

Morphinominal 06-24-2012 01:38 PM

It's a matter of two things, in my opinion, which one benefits the champion's play-style more?

For example, Lets take a look at two champions who, I believe, would benefit more from each.

Vayne: When Playing Vayne, her W allows her to deal true damage with every 3rd strike, so wouldn't it be essential for her to be able to attack faster to so that she can keep her silver bolt stacks active and potentially deal more damage. So I would prefer Phantom Dancer over Infinity Edge

Ashe: When Playing Ashe, she gains no additional bonuses to attacking more quickly (like Vayne with her W) So the priority would be to make sure that she's dealing more damage with each hit. therefore I would prefer an Infinity Edge over a Phantom dancer. ((this does not mean it's not a bad idea to build a zeal in the meantime)

Just my thoughts ^_^

MadManDu 06-24-2012 01:44 PM

Overall..an ie first deals a lot more dmg on almost any ad carry...some exceptions to this are kogmaw and yi who have extra passive dmg...even on vayne an ie before pd is better cuz her q and her e scale off AD..having an ie by 20 minutes makes any ad carry godlike

Savackz 06-24-2012 01:51 PM

On carries lke ashe and MF, go IE. Vayne go BT and ez go triforce, same with corki, go triforce.

roughneck65 06-24-2012 02:51 PM

I have to agree with Morphinominal it depends on what champion you have.

A?h?? 06-24-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphinominal (Hozzászólás 26054696)
It's a matter of two things, in my opinion, which one benefits the champion's play-style more?

For example, Lets take a look at two champions who, I believe, would benefit more from each.

Vayne: When Playing Vayne, her W allows her to deal true damage with every 3rd strike, so wouldn't it be essential for her to be able to attack faster to so that she can keep her silver bolt stacks active and potentially deal more damage. So I would prefer Phantom Dancer over Infinity Edge

Ashe: When Playing Ashe, she gains no additional bonuses to attacking more quickly (like Vayne with her W) So the priority would be to make sure that she's dealing more damage with each hit. therefore I would prefer an Infinity Edge over a Phantom dancer. ((this does not mean it's not a bad idea to build a zeal in the meantime)

Just my thoughts ^_^

I agree with this except the fact ashe does benefit from increased attack speed, from playing ashe quite a bit i feel that the difference between early kills and team kill wins is the ability to keep landing those perma slow Qs on, because ashe is decidedly weak early game, her best bet is to so down her opponent as much as possible to either grind chase a kill before tower or slow down a opponent enough for a ally to own

that being said, until ashe gets a Bloodthirster or IE she is almost a liability, i usually rush a zeal then get BF while deciding to go for bloodthirster or ie

just my thoughts though

Sexual Matzos 06-24-2012 03:24 PM

If you get BT on ashe you're doing it wrong. She synergizes extremely well with crits, and her range is decent enough that she shouldn't be taking a lot of damage unless you suck. IE is pretty much mandatory on her for the crits multiplier, and you should always rush BF first because her natural damage is so low.

TheGreatRedSpot 06-24-2012 06:48 PM

Only Vayne puts Phantom Dancer over Infinite Edge because of her W (but honestly Bloodthirster should be the first big item for her).

Most AD carries (like Ashe, Tristana, Graves even Kog'Maw) needs Infinite Edge first (if your AD carry needs sustain, get a Bloodthirster first). Honestly, rushing a Phantom Dancer without an enhanced Attack Damage is pretty useless.