League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   A small alternative to Ranked Dominion. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2269430)

Thorthedark 06-23-2012 04:26 AM

A small alternative to Ranked Dominion.

You say you won't do ranked because of the playerbase around the world. And the fact that it's not "just flipping a switch". But I have a question for you.

Can you make a "No free week champions" mode easier than a ranked mode?

That's one MAJOR reason I want ranked Dom. People come into Dominion to test free week champions for SR all the time. Major inconvenience for us who take Dom seriously.

Also, just the fact...free week champions are painful. That's why you removed them from ranked.

It would be a good temporary thing till you guys decide Dominion is worth caring about and giving it ranked. It would wean out some of the playerbase dominion ranked would. And keep some people a lot more interested.

Because let's be honest. When you have an AS/OH Teemo not AAing and just darting and using mushrooms because that's what he thinks it does. It will frustrate you.

Darkness4910 06-23-2012 10:07 AM

I agree.

Cinders NA 06-23-2012 12:53 PM

I'm on board with this.

Ms Annie Hastur 06-23-2012 12:55 PM

I support removing free week champions from dom entirely.

Rep PermaCharged 06-23-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorthedark (Hozzászólás 25976722)
You say you won't do ranked because of the playerbase around the world. And the fact that it's not "just flipping a switch". But I have a question for you.

Can you make a "No free week champions" mode easier than a ranked mode?

That's one MAJOR reason I want ranked Dom. People come into Dominion to test free week champions for SR all the time. Major inconvenience for us who take Dom seriously.

Also, just the fact...free week champions are painful. That's why you removed them from ranked.

While I support the removal of free week champions from ranked, I would like to comment on your first point.

When I first started playing Dom I did it as a break form ranked SR and I got addicted to it because it was a new kind of not-give-a-**** fun short games more gold more juice 10x easier to make a comeback (won several games with 1 point to spare) and I used it as a mode to test and **** around with champions too

However, in the most competitive elo bracket of Dominion, free champs or not, you will see the exact same 15-20 champs being played in almost every game. The way dom is, in order for it to be competitive, there are a few champions that are simple must-haves to counter others and to do well enough bot etc that the champ selection options become very limited. Big difference in 1800-2000 and 2100 +

Though once you get to to 2200+ there are so few players queueing that inevitably you'll find yourself in a game with players of 2100-2700 elo playing together so the community shrinks a bit haha

BluesMusic 06-23-2012 01:49 PM

What they need to do is open up Dom so we can cross queue with other servers. They did this in WOW and it helped a lot.

This will open up the player base and rank could properly work and we probably would get better matches (similiar elo's), and less queue times. 5 man pre-mades could actually play other 5 mans instead of playing against pugs and thinking they are good.

Makestro 06-23-2012 01:51 PM

They should just add ranked so this modification isn't needed

DiscworldDeath 06-23-2012 01:53 PM

Yeah, half the players would have 200-250 ping, for a true display of skill!

CrazyPsychic 06-23-2012 02:48 PM

I like this idea.

Rep PermaCharged 06-23-2012 02:51 PM

Darkfall Online style! Aussies & Euros & Chinese & North & South Americans all playing on the same server for 20-500 ping discrepancy extravaganza!!