League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How can I beat Darius as Olaf? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2263078)

Kunim 06-22-2012 09:54 AM

How can I beat Darius as Olaf?

Top lane. It seems that every time I face a Darius when I go top as Olaf, I always get shut down hard. Most other champions I play against I can adapt to, but I can't seem to find a way to get ahead.

I would love any and all advice.

Kalidascope 06-22-2012 09:59 AM

poke him til just about half, make sure he isn't fed, then kill him.

DebosBike 06-22-2012 10:00 AM

You need to get him to whiff his pull move so he can't combo you with the full combo. It is pretty easy with how slow the actual animation is

HateDaddy 06-22-2012 10:03 AM

Your early game should crush his. I know most Olaf players typically start with boots/3 health pots but in this case I would make an exception and go cloth armor/5 health pots. Remember you both do true damage but his is his ultimate and yours isn't. It's harder for him to build defense against you than it is vice versa for you. And with your axe, you have a much better poking ability than he does. **** all over his early game, don't even give him a chance to get on CS. As soon as he goes in, slap him around and let him know how it's going to be!

Other than that, I don't know. Darius is powerful but I feel like Olaf should be able to go toe-to-toe with him, especially early game.

Danish Vikingz 06-22-2012 10:13 AM

Basically what the dude above me said, early game is where you have to win. Zone him early and so you can eat him later ;)

ZongTG 06-22-2012 10:16 AM

I main Darius. This and the fact that I communicate with my team helps me beat anyone.

Just yesterday I fought a Darius and a Riven while solo top (I was Fiora), and I had a jungle Sejuani. I simply hugged my turret, and took as much CS as I could whenever they were extremely pushed up (which was all of the time).

Sejuani made a ton of ganks and we got many kills. This let me push up, out-level them like a solo top against duo top should, become confident enough to handle them both and get a ton of CS, and win my lane. Sadly I lost my turret first, but by the end of the laning phase I had a lot more kills than both of them, and I was far ahead.

What I'm trying to say is: Call on your jungler for help, because they can often turn the whole game around for you. As Olaf, poke Darius from behind minions waves with your melee abilities, and hit him with your throwing Axe a lot. This combined with ganks from your jungler should win you the lane easily. Also, never duel with Darius past level 6 (Duel meaning you both stand there and fight to the death.) Always manipulate the battle field and kite with your throwing Axe.

Quick Rawr 06-22-2012 10:20 AM

Time when you go in to E him properly, otherwise he'll just Q harass you and out damage you. If you go in, you need to go in. You need to make sure it's smart timing and placement as well since he has range on you.

As stated above, cloth + 5 is the way to start vs him.

Cooty 06-22-2012 10:25 AM

Get that jungler to shut him down very early game, if darius gets fed early on, I don't see much chance :/

Master Shidiot 06-22-2012 10:37 AM

Freeze lane by your turret so you can poke him with little/no retaliation. If he tries to push minions hit him with a couple E's then retreat to safety. Plus being that far pushed up he will be more open for ganks. and you will be more safe from ganks.

Kunim 06-22-2012 12:19 PM

The problem I get is that his spin + auto attack does a lot more damage than mine with his passive stacks, which keeps me from beating him damage wise early game. The reason I usually don't start cloth/5 is because of his passive and that it isn't reduced by armor. If I have towait until he uses his spin on minions to damage him, he will outfarm me.

Edit: I would also like advice on beating him without relying on my jungler. Sometimes they just aren't good enough to count on to gank well. Or maybe they'll be busy with bottom lane or something.