League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Screen Lock :| (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2235575)

Kyrim 06-18-2012 06:13 AM

Screen Lock :|

Ok so one of the biggest factors that I think is really holding me back from shooting up in elo is screen lock...Some of you may think...well why? This is because I save certain champs for when I play blue, and restrict myself to certain champs on purple. In addition, I feel uncomfortable playing on purple due to the fact that I play only on locked screen. No matter how hard I try to force myself to use unlocked in normals...I always revert back, I just can't help myself. I've gotten to 1600 elo max using locked screen...and I want to get higher.

Tips?

midillusion 06-18-2012 06:25 AM

The only solution is to unlock the camera and no matter how badly you play, never lock it. Switch back and forth all the time will get you nowhere. This is something that I wish Riot didn't do, and that's automatically lock the camera during the tutorial. As you have found, it puts you at a severe disadvantage by denying you vision, making long range skill shot impossible and reducing your map awareness (how can you check on other lanes if you can't move the camera?)

I played with the camera locked until around level 15 and then after that, I switched after my friends found out I was doing it. Apart from learning how to use Flash, unlocking the camera was the best thing I ever did in my LoL career. I honestly can't believe you actually managed to get to 1600 ELO when playing with your camera locked. How the hell can you expect to jungle Nocturn well with the camera locked?

Kyrim 06-18-2012 06:37 AM

Well at first I would only play him blue, but theres a thing with his ult I don't think many people know about. You click on the enemy champ's icon and he will go right to em...cheating but meh :| and kog maw is long range but only for that blue side :( A little part of me cries inside when I get put on purple. The amount of confidence I gain from being on blue is quite retarded...

Kyrim 06-18-2012 07:02 AM

Ok and sorry for double post but I have just played 2 normals with unlocked screen. The recurring problem I see is that I have no trouble using unlocked screen to farm and trade harass in lane, its just that if theres a jungler gank from either my team or their team then I lose complete focus on the unlocked screen and try to run at them with 0 vision, and then the same thing happens in teamfights; I'm so focused that I forget about moving the screen and then I lose sight of the enemy even quicker.

midillusion 06-18-2012 07:29 AM

Are you really surprised that it takes time to get accustomed to something different in your gameplay? All you need is to practice a bit. Play more normal matches and just practice moving the camera around after your champion. Remember you can always press the spacebar to focus your camera on your champion if you need to, but try to avoid doing this as much as possible and just move the camera manually.

Kyrim 06-18-2012 08:02 AM

No i pro in a day

Warrrrax 06-18-2012 08:23 AM

I understand. Most of us are used to warcraft 3 or previous DOTA games where there was no locked screen.

Therefore when we first played LoL, we all thought...yuck! WTF? How do I unlock this ****?

But since Riot stupidly made this the default, players with no previous experience come along and get used to it. Then have a hard time adjusting.

Do you remember when you first started last hitting? How tedious and painful it was? Well, moving manually is like that... pretty soon you just get used to it.

In any case, you understand that unlocked gives you a HUGE visibility advantage so it is well worth doing.

Maybe try to WATCH a few games, and then keep it off of automove and move the screen yourself to see all the action. This at least gets you more used to moving the screen constantly, while under no pressure.

Duhizy 06-18-2012 10:49 AM

nonononono stop all your doing because i have a solution for u in the way that i managed the switch. First off it took longer for me to get it down because i was around 1200 elo when i tried the switch having not played and previous such games but yes at the elo you are now you'll learn quickly. Try this, lower both your mouse sensitivity and map scroll sensitivity until you feel that you can manage, it will be very low, when i changed they were both stupidly low but i played with that sensitivity and the space bar until it felt natural and then raised my mouse and map scroll sensitivity slightly then played until it felt natural again.

I repeated this process until i found my sweet spot, the point were the sensitivity is exactly how i wanted it and from that point only raised it because i wanted to be able to attack move faster with basic click. To get to the point were playing on locked screen disgusted me it took 3 months when i found a sweet spot...but i was around 1200 elo at the time. If i were to try it all over again with my current skill level it would take me 2 weeks so id say for it to truly feel right for u it will take around this amount of time. Idk how high your prefered sweet spot is but mine was extremely high sensitivity which has its positives and negatives but if its lower then mine then you will learn quicker then me.

TVPMike 06-18-2012 10:58 AM

Having a locked screen is too much of a limit to be played in competitive gameplay. You have to have good map awareness, which means not only seeing them on the map, but actually glancing over from time to time. If your fine playing with unlocked to farm and harass, but need the locked form for specific scenarios (I think you mentioned ganks) then remember that as long as you hold down the spacebar, it will lock your camera on you, and then unlock when you let go.

Amazed that you got so far using a locked camera, but it has to go. (I also agree with one of the comments I saw above, about how switching between locked and unlocked does not help you learn. If you need the lock, use spacebar.)

Strill 06-18-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duhizy (Hozzászólás 25576699)
nonononono stop all your doing because i have a solution for u in the way that i managed the switch. First off it took longer for me to get it down because i was around 1200 elo when i tried the switch having not played and previous such games but yes at the elo you are now you'll learn quickly. Try this, lower both your mouse sensitivity and map scroll sensitivity until you feel that you can manage, it will be very low, when i changed they were both stupidly low but i played with that sensitivity and the space bar until it felt natural and then raised my mouse and map scroll sensitivity slightly then played until it felt natural again.

Quoted For Truth. I had a ton of problems with the screen being unlocked until I lowered the scroll sensitivity, and now everything is fine (except when I'm dashing as Ahri).