League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Maxing Hawkshot first on Ashe (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2226924)

Raolan 06-17-2012 04:03 AM

Maxing Hawkshot first on Ashe

Should I do this ever?

I personally do it pretty often. Usually end up with +1000-1200 gold from it in a 40 minute game, and the range boost means easily checking the dragon and enemy blue/red without ever leaving your lane.

Maybe I just get lucky.

kityypants 06-17-2012 04:06 AM

i normaly put 3 points in it by lvl 9 . a little gold bonus plus that feeling u get when your about to get ganked so u can send that thing flying . but nah i wouldnt max it ealy focus on volly . tends to work out most the time .

Algorhythms 06-17-2012 04:56 AM

If you KNOW you're just going to be farming, 1000 extra gold at the end of the game is pretty good. Otherwise, no.

Kyrim 06-17-2012 06:10 AM

What I do instead of that is I max hawkshot after I max volley, just because I feel the slow percent is minimal.

PrincessIrelia 06-17-2012 06:34 AM

Without your Q, it kind of makes it hard to kite champs with ashe. That's what she's the best at. I go WEQ then max out my Q and W first.

Cenerae 06-17-2012 07:15 AM

It's not worth doing in 99% of situations. You may not think Volley or Frost Arrow are that important, but they're giving her the poking and kiting abilities she needs to actually be a threat or to deflect gank attempts better. That's way more important than getting a tiny bit of extra gold over the course of the game (the extra range on the hawkshot is pretty moot early game).

I mean ok. If you have a lane where you know you won't be getting any kills, or getting killed in turn, go ahead. But in any other situation you'll want your combat skills maxed.

InVaSiOnArY 06-17-2012 08:04 AM

You need voly to be able to poke in lane if your voly does no damage then you won't be able to keep people back and thus you wont be able to farm.

Joifairy 06-17-2012 08:12 AM

yes. always. a competent ashe only needs 1 rank of her slow to do well. with that and her nuke applying the slow as well why bother grabbin more than one rank early? more gold plus vision is worth it. 1 rank of q then max w/e

Pantocas 06-17-2012 08:15 AM

Plus, you have to include in your formula the gold earned for killing champions and minions with volley over the money earned with hawk...

Kyrim 06-17-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantocas (Hozzászólás 25465206)
Plus, you have to include in your formula the gold earned for killing champions and minions with volley over the money earned with hawk...

thats a whole nother can of worms and all speculation, IF you killed someone with that x amount in damage MAYBE it would be worth it...too many variables.