League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Locked Camera Players Purple Side Disadvantage (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2213197)

PvM ChinWoo 06-13-2012 01:18 PM

Locked Camera Players Purple Side Disadvantage

I'm a player that uses locked camera, I can't play without it. I try using unlocked camera and do personally horrible. I'm asking Riot to please put the "Purple Side" of Summoner's Rift the same view as "Blue Side". When I'm locked on the camera and I go bottom, its impossible for me to see the enemy or do skill shots/long range shots. I'm sure a-lot of people are having this issue to. Every time I play on blue side I mostly win.. When I play on purple side... I do horrible. If not, please make an option that does so. Yes, I used to play immense amounts of bot games back then when I started until now, bots got too easy and I am now used to blue side.

I'm just suggesting this.. So please don't flame. Just comment why this would be bad/good.

air primo 06-15-2012 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PvM ChinWoo (Hozzászólás 25291320)
I'm a player that uses locked camera, I can't play without it. I try using unlocked camera and do personally horrible. I'm asking Riot to please put the "Purple Side" of Summoner's Rift the same view as "Blue Side". When I'm locked on the camera and I go bottom, its impossible for me to see the enemy or do skill shots/long range shots. I'm sure a-lot of people are having this issue to. Every time I play on blue side I mostly win.. When I play on purple side... I do horrible. If not, please make an option that does so. Yes, I used to play immense amounts of bot games back then when I started until now, bots got too easy and I am now used to blue side.

I'm just suggesting this.. So please don't flame. Just comment why this would be bad/good.

I find myself being affected by this and it ruins game play. I feel like the other team has an advantage while I don't.

Verandure 06-16-2012 02:11 AM

I, too, use locked camera. Luckily my champion of choice doesn't really have skill shots, so I'm not terribly affected. I do; however, get quite irate when people say the solution is to "Learn how to play unlocked."

It's not a matter of me not being able to do so, it's that I prefer locked camera so I can actually function since I don't use a mouse. Of course, the counter proposal is to get and use a mouse -- which is equally irritating since I don't need or want one.

The red's have stated that we're too small a minority to really matter and would much rather us take the option of "just deal with it and learn to play unlocked." which is one solution, but not the one I personally would want to see. Their hesitation on just flipping the camera for purple is because "Top will become bottom! AND EVERYBODY WILL GET CONfizzLED!" I have to call B.S. on that one. By perspective, top and bottom would flip on purple side -- it's not complicated. Top lane is that magical lane that lies at the top of the minimap!

Again, we're not going to get this implemented until every other whim of the community is met, so don't hold your breath. While the Riot team does care about us as consumers, we're simply not a large enough demographic to merit catering to -- it's a logical business move.

My advice is to anticipate where the enemy will be below your hud and try aiming your skillshot along their path. While most players try to be "sporadic" they actually tend to be quite predictable. Scale down your hud once you're comfortable with the controls (this will require you to use your hotkeys for everything). Make sure that your health bar is clearly visible.

If that doesn't work, you can always go to the "How to 'hack' your HuD" thread and tamper with the files manually until you find a fit for yourself.

Puma Byte 06-17-2012 11:15 AM

I totally agree!

For example, playing with locked camera when I am playing Kog Maw on blue, I am able to see the full range of my Void Ooze and Living Artillery. Playing on purple, however, the HUD cuts off a large portion of the screen at the bottom making it very difficult to play effectively.

Possible Solutions:
-Allow players to flip the HD from top to bottom
-Configure the screen so when playing of purple, it looks like you are playing on blue

Transcended 06-17-2012 01:44 PM

You should have the option to switch the map but just on your computer. Basically, you're on the purple side but it's as if you were on the blue side.

Tachikoma Kun 06-17-2012 02:13 PM

OR an option to hide all HUD elements except mini map with the option make it transparent.

xXMemnocHXx 09-13-2012 09:22 PM

i need the same thing... i can't play purple i get pwned i can't see and i can't play with unlocked cam i feed everytime... i'm not a noob i have 2 lvl 30 accts tons of champs and wins.. but now that i've ventured into ranked, well to be quite honest it pisses me off and my team

they tell me to quit lol i'm like no this isn't my fault and i've spent to much money on skins/champs to not say something

this has been an issue for a long long time and it's time you uncut the corners you cut to fix this please

xXMemnocHXx 09-13-2012 09:25 PM

same

i can't play unlocked either and it's a huge disadvantage to play purple and it pisses me and my team off now that i've ventured into ranked

it's time to stop ignoring this and fix it please

i feed everytime i play purple bot and most of the time the other lanes as well only when playing purple though

xXMemnocHXx 09-13-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tachikoma Kun (Hozzászólás 25487282)
OR an option to hide all HUD elements except mini map with the option make it transparent.

no this wouldn't help me @ all the perspective will still be the same and i won't be able to see the enemy until i'm already in their range

Masachist 09-14-2012 07:42 AM

ive been saying this same exact same thing in the forums for about 2 years now..
Riot seems to just not care ...