League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What support does (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=220345)

Moonmixer 08-24-2010 07:33 PM

What support does

Is support. Derp a derp.

I want all you uberleet deeps and carries to think about this for a second.

If at the end of the laning phase, your Zilean has saved you multiple times, and has even sacrificed himself so that you can escape once (from a gank with no called mia), has a KDR of 0/1 and you STILL have a negative KDR, the Zilean is not the one who sucks. Its you.

Not every character is supposed to get a ridiculous KDR and carry the team. I know you need to prove the size of your e-peen by getting 20 kills and 6 deaths and insulting the other team because they're "bads". But I don't. When I'm playing Taric and we stomp them and I end up with 5 assists, I'm the happiest guy alive. Why? Because I did my job.

But nothing is more frustrating than to be the player with the best KDR on my team (even if its neg), as a character who is not supposed to do this. Its especially frustrating when the rest of you guys are feeding MISERABLY despite my efforts to save you, and don't wise up and start calling MIAs. The final straw is when you blame me for your failures.

When I've blown all my mana and cooldowns and am sitting in a clump of enemies CC'd to oblivion and getting curbstomped while you all scamper away like plague rats, I didn't do it because I suck. I did it because its my job.

So if I do my job and prevent you from dying, and sacrifice my all-important KDR so that yours is better, then you do your job and get kills and win the ****ING GAME.

This is a very cool story bro. Yes, I mad.

Also, shout out to the Urgot, Vlad, Udyr, and Ezreal who inspired this thread. You guys are in my heart always. And thank you to the one person on the other team who pointed out that if our Zilean (yours truly) was bad, the rest of the team should uninstall.

Troll away, *******s.

TL;DR: If you're too illiterate to read this, then I don't care about your response.

DestroyerofWords 08-24-2010 07:36 PM

My name is Destroyer of Words, and I approve this message.

Cyer 08-24-2010 07:49 PM

I main Zilean and I feel the same way. Had a ****** Kog'Maw on my team today, (saved him 6 times with chronoshift/time warp) and I ended up with a KDR of 6/12/13. He finishes like 8/2/0 and starts to trash talk me and tells me how he "carried" our team.
We had about equal minion kills so I went to the Graph section at the end of the round to see how much Damage we both did and he out did me by 5k.

I dont understand why some idiots expect their support to get the best KDR either. Had an Olaf that was trolling our Soraka for going 1/2/25 when he himself went something like 8/20+

Azarthes 08-24-2010 07:59 PM

Support, the nerd that does your homework for you and you still shove them into the locker.

noodle0117 08-24-2010 08:04 PM

Carry, the guy who bags all the girls and glory while secretly relying on the support.

Moonmixer 08-24-2010 10:14 PM

I love you guys.

DestroyerofWords 08-25-2010 06:09 AM

Tanks face many of the same problems. Let's make this a support/tank appreciation thread. Post a story of a time you were really glad to have a tank or support champ on your team, one that did its job well and just really made your day.

Timeshare 08-25-2010 06:27 AM

I support this man. As a main carry player I love my supports more then I love my tank, because I see them actively keeping me alive and making my job of killing easier. And if you sacrifice yourself for me, I will gladly have your babies. Thank you for being a winner.

Doughy Breadroll 08-25-2010 06:52 AM

0/2/25
I am a happy Rammus.

IamGrimm 08-25-2010 06:57 AM

0/0/15 Galio couple of days back. How is that not awesome?

I support thee, OP.