League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Is Shaco irrelevant now? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2189956)

Prada 06-06-2012 01:24 PM

Is Shaco irrelevant now?

I've been hearing nothing but bad remarks about Shaco lately, and I was wondering if he is still even viable? By viable, I mean playable in level 30. I heard he's just a gimmicky champion that shines in very very early game, but has nothing to offer late game.

Should I just hop on the bandwagon and go for Dr. Mundo? (Kinda upsetting cause I can't get the Dr. Mundoverse skin anymore)

Etherimp 06-06-2012 02:34 PM

That's a bit of a loaded question for a few reasons..

Shaco is often banned in lower ELO's, which means that in ranked play, while he may be a devastatingly powerful early game champion, he's not a reliable pick for ranked play.

In normal games, he is played and can be played effectively, however, as insinuated in your post, his early game is very strong and his late game is rather iffy. After early/mid game, he's best used to backdoor enemy towers/inhibs and bait teamfights with his incredible escape mechanisms.

Your objective as Shaco should be to gank enemy lanes early and often and get teammates as fed as possible before mid game erupts.

Mundo is a better overall champion.. He has great jungle speed, wonderful counter jungling, and is incredibly difficult to deal with. His ganks are mediocre but he is very useful mid/late game where he effectively becomes an initiator and damage soak for his team.

Matake 06-06-2012 02:58 PM

Don't listen to anybody when they say Shaco is still viable. He was destroyed when they reduced the duration on his boxes. Easily counter jungled. He can't gank unless you screw up really badly in the beginning. Mundo is a much better pick right now.

orc72 06-06-2012 05:05 PM

don't buy mundo..mundo is useless no matter what people say..you should get a good jungler like nocturne, udyr, akali, skarner, leesin, maokai, irelia.

Palmerfan 06-06-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orc72 (Hozzászólás 25037467)
don't buy mundo..mundo is useless no matter what people say..you should get a good jungler like nocturne, udyr, akali, skarner, leesin, maokai, irelia.

Don't listen to him. Mundo may be a bit FoTM, but he is still quite good. He is a purely annoying champion to play against.

Also, he mentioned irelia and akali as "good junglers". Nuff said.

PlayWithMe69 06-06-2012 07:21 PM

Every ranked match I play, Shaco is banned...

ZiadAhmed 06-07-2012 04:58 AM

shaco is great as long as u know how to play him right and build him right

Fluffy1 06-07-2012 05:23 AM

depends, AD is a gamble he needs to get 4 kills in the first 15 min to be usefull past 20 minutes but regardless after 40 min he drops off completely. basically hes only used vs baddies since hes heavily reliant on people overextending. he becomes a split pusher without AOE farming so isnt all that usefull till he builds heaps tanky and just hit and runs towers

AP is a supportive role for zoning and harras in lane, hes there for utility. while his late game is still ok hes not that strong early and picks up by mid game. he still drops off but not as hard. hes also less reliant on his enemies inteligence but more reliant on his team since hes better in teamfights than tower pushing(until he has lichbane)

but AP has earnt a bad rep from kids who think hes all about nests and failing to be useful so most people think ap is troll and just throw the game blaming the shaco for their stupidity. that is the main reason you cant play ap in ranked cause you team will throw the game.