League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Amumu help (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2180048)

Multilawl 06-03-2012 06:51 AM

Amumu help

Hello, Amumu is free this week and i love playing himi might even buy him :> He's probably one of my favorite champions. I just have a question on the builds you can use with him and what skills to skill up first.

I always pick up his E (tantrum), i try to max this out first. Than W (Despair), Than his ult and lastly his Q. I do this order because i want to get a lot of CS and try to level up fast. I try to stay in my lane ( i usually go top, im not sure if thats the right lane to go to) and just try to out level my enemy on that lane. I tend to harass them a lot.

Next i have no idea what to buy first.
I first get,
Swiftness boots followed by
Aegis of the Legion.
After that i usually go for a hp build ( i dont know why i started doing it, im thinking its good ).
I get Warmog's Armor because that gives ALOT of hp.
Than go for
Sunfire cape,
Frozen heart and
Banshee's Veil.

Are these good items to go for? I usually have over 4.5k+ hp easily late game.
Im still learning the game, i barely played any normal matches and usually play intermediate bot matches.

Any help would be appreciated

Fiel Servidor 06-03-2012 10:11 AM

First , sory about my english, i know that sux. You should play amumu as a jungler. There are too many champions that can beat mumu easily. In the jungle u have to max your W, and then your E, having one point of Q at lvl 4 for ganks. Your build goes fine until u picked warmog, i dont think hp is the way to play him. Aegis is a good choice if your support didnt take it.

If your are going to jungle i recomend u one and just ONE core for the mumu,

Boots, philo and Hog ! in that combo u have it all. Try to pick items who gives u more thant just Hp, like sunfire, Shulerlya, Frozen heart and Abbysal. Shure is actually very good on Mumu, it gives u, Hp, Cd , hp and mana regen, and is Active to run like hell.

Sry about my english again !

So long !

Argentina (:

lastchancexi 06-03-2012 10:31 AM

Build:
Philo Stone --> Boots --> Hog --> Merc Treads --> Sunfire Cape/Aegis --> the other --> Frozen Heart/Abyssal Scepter --> the other.

Amu's a much stronger jungler than he is in lane.

defleppardruelz 06-03-2012 12:28 PM

like the others have said jungle amumu is much better because of his ganking ability, but level your e over your w. it will give you really fast clear time. lastchancexi has a good build order, i'd recommend getting aegis over sunfire cape everytime, it saves your support a lot of gold.

skillpatrick 06-03-2012 03:36 PM

A lot of people recommend taking Despair over Tantrum for jungling. I strongly disagree.

Tantrum gives passive damage reduction, it does not clear as fast as Despair, but is much safer and gives you an adequate way to defend yourself if you get ambushed by the enemy jungler..

Multilawl 06-03-2012 07:52 PM

The only problem I have with jungling is that i usually always die when i pull the first pack. I am only lvl 11, im assuming i need runes in order to jungle. When i jungle i pick up the chest and hp pots but they can never keep me up