League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   @Morello, can we talk about Urgot? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2177826)

Rebel Scum 06-02-2012 12:34 PM

@Morello, can we talk about Urgot?

First off, let me start by saying that I am one of the niche players who actually likes Urgots art design. I loved him upon release, he has a sort of fear he instills on his enemies, both because he looks scary, and because you know if you get hit by his E grenade, you're gonna have a bad time. His ult, while admittedly is really awkward on a non tank, doesn't bother me too much. It prevents people from running away do to its long range, and has a ton of utility.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morello (Hozzászólás 24871188)
We wanted to talk about Urgot a bit in this because while he's pretty unpopular, he's really dominant when played well. Since a lot of players don't have a ton of experience with Urgot, this doesn't make match a lot of players' experiences unless we explain it a bit.

His damage and range aren't going down at all, but he'll be a bit less tanky - and most importantly, we're not hitting anything that makes him unique and fun.

Now talk about what you said. You guys had issues with his tankyness right? Well you're going about fixing it the wrong way entirely. Urgots strength is in his play style. It's in his damage and range. It's in his laning phase. I don't know any serious Urgot player that would ever level his shield over his missile. Which means the nerf doesn't even affect his laning phase until about level 9-10. The armor and magic resist on his ult, while I admit is very high, it only lasts 5 seconds. Extremely short. Urgot is the ONLY champion in the game who could be classified as a ranged ad bruiser. And the biggest reason people tend to build him bruiser in longer games is because his damage scales horridly. Bad bad bad. This isn't a simple rage "y u nerf mai urgot thread". This is a "your changes were poorly guided" thread. I realize that I probably rambled a bit, but my point remains. I have several ideas on how to balance him, but unless a Red asks for it I won't bother. You guys supposedly know more about balancing than us :3

Tl;dr
Urgots build tanky mostly because they dont scale as well as other dps. So you nerf his tankyness which really only affects his late game, which was weak as is.

Edit: Got a Morello post. My life is complete. But no seriously, I appreciate it and my four months of incessant bumping have paid off. Thanks for reading it and acknowledging my distress on this topic.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ighlight=urgot
I agree with everything this person said, despite the honestly poor translation. Urgot is so weak he's not viable as anything but an bad pub stomper.

Shosuko 06-02-2012 12:38 PM

Yeah Urgot's itemization isn't that great... If they reworked him to fit better with the items league offers we might see some better use. Hopefully their ad caster gear they're talking about designing will put him in a better spot.

imo - I don't think these "nerfs" to urgot are going to effect my urgot much. Like you said, the shield was already last priority, and really he isn't THAT tanky from his ult... He is the closest thing to a "ranged bruiser" but his defense still isn't that great... He can sustain some burst, but not much.

Rebel Scum 06-02-2012 12:49 PM

bump

Rebel Scum 06-02-2012 12:56 PM

If you disagree with what i said, feel free to downvote. But atleast tell me why so we can intelligently discuss it. I've played Urgot since release and am willing listen to criticism about what I've stated.

also, bump.

Dues Pater 06-02-2012 12:59 PM

maybe if he got a model rework he would be played more lol. When i was new i hated urgot cuz his apperence

Rebel Scum 06-02-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dues Pater (Hozzászólás 24886717)
maybe if he got a model rework he would be played more lol. When i was new i hated urgot cuz his apperence

While I agree that his model might be an issue for many potential players, it is not a balance factor. I'm relatively sure Urgot wasn't nerfed because he looks like a fat crab zombie.

Mattisthe1 06-02-2012 01:09 PM

I used to main Urgot, but then Riot was like GO GO GADGET BRUISERS

BRUISERS EVERYWHERE

ElBoob 06-02-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattisthe1 (Hozzászólás 24887012)
I used to main Urgot, but then Riot was like GO GO GADGET BRUISERS

BRUISERS EVERYWHERE

This, same with Veigar.

Niceguydan8 06-02-2012 01:21 PM

I think that Urgots late game is different from other common AD bottom lane champions, but weak is not the word I would use to describe it.

Rebel Scum 06-02-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niceguydan8 (Hozzászólás 24887324)
I think that Urgots late game is different from other common AD bottom lane champions, but weak is not the word I would use to describe it.

Because he's not a ranged ad carry. By any definition of the word. He has poor scaling base stats, very short auto attack range, and complete lack of all steroids. He's weak because his abilities don't scale. If you want to perform well late game as Urgot, you need to dominate early game and snow ball through.