League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Dealing with talon mid. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2137451)

UnholySloth 05-21-2012 01:39 AM

Dealing with talon mid.

Just got destroyed my a Talon mid as Brand, top and bot didn't want to switch lanes and Warwick as a jungler was way too far behind to help me.

I have no idea how I'm meant to deal with this, getting armor did nothing, neither did stacking dorans. When i hugged the tower he tower dived me every time, and i couldn't out run him when he got boots of mobility. Every time i went to get CS i died.

What am I meant to do in this situation?

ßeerPongChamp 05-21-2012 01:44 AM

talon isn't the hardest or most annoying champ to go against as brand but a lack of knowledge on what skills do will make him difficult for you. normally what a talon would do is open with his gap closer / silence and then hit you with his bleed attack and maybe a rake really quick and take off before you get any dmg in. most likely if you don't know what hes capable of your running away as soon as he closes the gap. what you should try is when he closes the gap on you and silences you no doubt your gonna take dmg but dont flee in fear stay near him and get in position to hit him with your burst. smack him with your E stun him with Q then blast him with W and you should come out on top of that exchange. if he starts pwning you early on kills and CS your combo isn't gonna be as effective and hell just outdmg you hard. Call out for ganks if he gets out of hand. After lvl 6 you gotta deal with his ulti which makes him slightly harder.

Not much more I can offer as advice.. you should look up his abilities and how they work to better understand him as your lane opponent and any other champ you struggle against or you'll never get better.

UnholySloth 05-21-2012 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ßeerPongChamp (Hozzászólás 24451993)
talon isn't the hardest or most annoying champ to go against as brand but a lack of knowledge on what skills do will make him difficult for you. normally what a talon would do is open with his gap closer / silence and then hit you with his bleed attack and maybe a rake really quick and take off before you get any dmg in. most likely if you don't know what hes capable of your running away as soon as he closes the gap. what you should try is when he closes the gap on you and silences you no doubt your gonna take dmg but dont flee in fear stay near him and get in position to hit him with your burst. smack him with your E stun him with Q then blast him with W and you should come out on top of that exchange. if he starts pwning you early on kills and CS your combo isn't gonna be as effective and hell just outdmg you hard. Call out for ganks if he gets out of hand. After lvl 6 you gotta deal with his ulti which makes him slightly harder.

Not much more I can offer as advice.. you should look up his abilities and how they work to better understand him as your lane opponent and any other champ you struggle against or you'll never get better.

Thanks for the advice, couldn't get ganks because warwick was having as much trouble with shaco as me with talon, when he did reach lvl 6 it was at the point where talon would just get a double kill.

Chogull 05-21-2012 04:46 AM

its important to keep on top of buying pots. If Talon sees youre at 50% or less hp he will often go in for a kill.
You have to try and trade damage with him...but knowing that in your trades he will always deal his damage 1st. After the silence fades you have to retaliate with some damage or you wont be able to keep up.
Talon is picked as a counter to AP casters and if possible you should try and switch lanes with your AD carry. If the lane swap isnt possible do your best to CS and not die. Its not very important that you win your lane against him. Its more important that you make it to mid/late game without giving up kills.
Once you get to lvl 6 and have your ultimate you should try to push your lane out and head top or bottom for ganks.(pref bot) Everytime your ultimate is ready you should do the same. Once you make it to late game Talon will be less of a threat.

OriginalJack 05-21-2012 05:25 AM

I like to play talon mid and AP champs that like to stay at range are exactly the kind of champ talon is good against. Chogull gave some pretty good advice but would just point out that as talon if I see the enemy laner hugging the tower I will usually try to shove the lane and try to gank bot or top (usually bot because i will have a level advantage on them) so make sure you call mia if you do lose track of him. Talon isn't really that scary if he hasn't gotten any kills before the end of the laning phase so not dying should be your first objective.