League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   why pick AD teemo over AP? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2134831)

Guppers 05-19-2012 11:39 PM

why pick AD teemo over AP?

So I've been playing AP teemo lately, and I can't see why you'd build any actual AD items on him. I understand focusing on attack speed with some AP, but because of his E adding mgc dmg to his auto attacks he gets the feel of having ad auto attack dmg, and his mushrooms kick ass.

I'm not a professional analyst so maybe I'm wrong, but can anyone tell me what the benefit of buying an AD item is instead of a comparable amount of AP?

Fluffyknowsyou 05-20-2012 02:33 AM

On hit items like wit's end, malady, and madred's bloodrazors are the only damage items worth putting on teemo if you play to win. Though that's the way I've learned to play him if there's no need to change my build order.

Sam Is Whoa 05-20-2012 05:00 AM

I personally like AP teemo. Because he has high HP bases and can survive and escape better than alot of ad characters he gets built that way. Its the easier safer build. I love nothing more than an AP support teemo with 50 mushrooms on the map poisoning ppl for 300 dmg a pop.

Lvl100Kricketune 05-20-2012 05:30 AM

This is the way I see it, AP Teemo can only go so far. Your only two nukes are your blinding dart and your mushrooms. You go in and blind someone and you're somewhat forced to run away for 5-8 seconds while your blind is on cooldown and your E has horrible scaling. If they do chase you and run into a single shroom, they probably will retreat after that. As for shrooms, once the other team buys oracles, your shrooms become less effective. In a teamfight situation, Teemo's short range will be the death of him since he's so squishy if you build pure AP with no form of defense. Also with the meta being tanky DPS meta, the shrooms just won't be hurting too much. I love playing teemo, and I used to play him AP, but unless you can end the game early, you slowly start to become less and less effective. AD teemo on the other hand with items such as wriggles, frozen mallet, and madreds and the E. You can basically chunk their health forever while keeping yourself sustained and maintain a good amount of bulkiness. Black Cleaver, Madreds will tear anyone a part

tl;dr. AP teemo loses effectiveness late game, AD teemo doesn't.

ultimatesjk 05-20-2012 06:03 AM

i personally have never built teemo AD. i agree with OP. the best build possible for teemo (in my opinion), is AS up to about 1.7 or 1.8, then AP. definitely go for items such as malady, wit's end, and (aw, what's its name), the upgrade to stinger. can't remember it's name, only that it gives 65 AP and 60% AS. also pick up void staff because of the magic penetration.

UpgradeGaming 05-20-2012 06:19 AM

YES THIS but only on the ad part yes ap teemo is fun to play, but on hit is the way to go. Get a malady bloodrazor fro mallet then situational items.

Kerli Pls 05-20-2012 04:47 PM

I usually build my teemo hybrid (with items such as Malady, Nashors tooth etc.) then max out AP with Deathcap maybe a Rylais for the extra sustainibility (siutational item) and build heavy AP items.

Maxijazz 05-20-2012 05:12 PM

Teemo is usually sent top lane as a counter to the common bruisers that go up there. While he is a counter, that does not mean you can't build like what you are countering. I would go wriggles, frozen mallet, wits end, atmas, and then nashor's tooth somewhere in there. This gives you a strong slow, some lifesteal for after the fight to heal up, armor, MR, CDR (more shrooms OP), and health.

When a fight starts you are the best peel character for your carries if they know what kiting is. Keep auto attacking whoever is trying to kill your carry. Before anyone dives on them, place a shroom and keep placing if they reposition like they should.

People also look at Teemo as very squishy and may try and kill you. When they realize they can't, its already too late.

NinetyNineTails 05-20-2012 07:15 PM

Teemo's AP ratios suck. AP Teemo is a one trick pony, where AD Teemo is a perfectly serviceable AD carry. In top lane, AD Teemo adds a second AD carry to the team, which is very valuable. Regarding shrooms and Blinding Dart is missing their true purpose; wards and blind. AP Teemo's damage output is tragically low, even if you try to build Malady / Nashor's.

ßeerPongChamp 05-21-2012 01:48 AM

I personally like AD teemo b/c hes more useful imo. he can easily counter any AD carry if he also builds ad because of his blind shot. sure high dmg shrooms are cool and all and will net you the occasional kill but aside from that hes pretty useless.