League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Psylus, The Mentalist (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2099980)

Sylvans 05-07-2012 12:46 PM

[Champion Concept] Psylus, The Mentalist

Introduction:
O hai! Thanks for reading my champion idea! All constructive feedback (general concept and numbers) is appreciated! I'm working on some quotes and other things to add to this idea. Also, if you like it, please up-vote it!

If you want a more detailed version, complete with pictures, head over to the original post on leaguecraft: http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.p...the-mentalist/

Tags: Fighter, Jungler, Hybrid

Lore:
When Psylus was a child, he discovered that he had an unusual ability. He found that he could access other people's memories at will, and that he could store his own knowledge and thoughts inside of other people's brains without them knowing that he was invading their mind. He used this to his advantage throughout his schooling and into the beginning of his career as a scientist. However, one day a mage from the Institute of War came into Psylus' laboratory and sensed his abilities.
The mage brought Psylus to the Institute where he studied with Zilean to learn to control and expand his powers. They quickly made progress, and Psylus found that his abilities expanded far beyond simple mental manipulation and into the realm of telekinesis and controlling energy. Psylus also found that his ability for the martial arts was enhanced due to his ability to predict his opponents movements. Thus he developed a fighting style that incorporated his powers with the martial arts which proved to be extremely effective. His reasons for joining the League are still unknown, but it is suspected that he works for one of the governments of Valoran.

“Your deepest secrets will become my play things”- Psylus

Stats:
HP: 432 (+78 per level)
Damage: 59 (+3.0 per level)
Energy: 200 (+0 per level)
Move Speed: 320
Armor: 18 (+3.4 per level)
Magic resist: 30 (+0 per level)
HP Regen: 1.3 (+.15 per level)
Energy Regen: 50 (+0 per level)

Abilities:

Passive: Mental Imprinting
All auto-attacks leave a Mark on their target, and all abilities leave a Sigil on their target. Sigils may be activated by auto-attacks and Marks may be activated by abilities. Sigils and Marks persist on their target for 2 seconds, and only one Sigil or Mark may be applied at a time. Whenever a Mark or Sigil is activated, Psylus gains 3% of his missing HP over 2 seconds, does not stack, healing can only occur once every 3 seconds.

Q: Mental Wrath
Sends out a bolt of psychic energy, dealing 50/70/90/110/130 (+.7 AD and .4 AP) magic damage, leaving a red Sigil on the target.
If Q triggers a Mark, target will have its MR lowered by 5/10/15/20/25% for 4 seconds
When the Red Sigil is activated, target have its armor lowered by 5/10/15/20/25% for 4 seconds
Cost: 40 Energy
Cooldown: 7/7/7/7/7

W: Disembodiment
Psylus transforms his body into energy, and dashes to target point, damaging all targets he collides with, dealing 30/40/50/60/70 (+.6 AP) magic damage, leaving a blue Sigil on all targets.
If W triggers a Mark, target will be slowed for 10/15/20/25/30%
When the blue Sigil is activated, target will be snared for .5/.75/1/1.25/1.5 seconds.

E: Mental Fury
Psylus' next auto-attack deals 60/70/80/90/100 (+AD) physical damage to its target, and then deals Psylus' AD in AoE damage to surrounding targets, leaving a yellow Sigil on all effected targets.
If E triggers a Mark, Psylus receives 40/45/50/55/60 Energy back
When the yellow Sigil is activated, target will receive an additional 60/70/80/90/100 (+Bonus AD) physical damage

R: Psychic Domination
After channeling for 1 second, Psylus unleashes a massive wave of psychic energy, suppressing all nearby enemy champions for 1 second, dealing 150/200/250 (+AP) magic damage. At the end of the suppression, Psylus will trigger all Marks or Sigils on affected champions, increasing their effectiveness by 50%.
Cost: 100 Energy
Range: 500
Cooldown: 130/110/90 Seconds

Recommended Build:

-Mercury's Treads
-Wriggle's Lantern
-Hextech Gunblade
-Guinsoo's Rageblade
-Guardian Angel
-Trinity Force

Sylvans 05-08-2012 06:32 AM

bump

VuklavZ 05-08-2012 09:27 AM

His name makes him sound as if he should be an Ability Power based Champion. Either change his name a bit, because mentalist, assumes he is smart = intelligence, and usually falls under magic. Mental Fury, sounds so APish to me, dunno why, let me know what you think about changing it.

Sylvans 05-08-2012 11:23 AM

do you think that making the spell have an ap ratio, and then the triggering of the sigil do physical damage would make it better? Or maybe the other way around?

Sylvans 05-08-2012 05:06 PM

bump

Sylvans 05-09-2012 10:52 AM

bump

Esplin6296 05-09-2012 11:14 AM

...........................well done?

Sylvans 05-09-2012 06:53 PM

bump

MontyReinhardt 05-09-2012 07:03 PM

I enjoy the concept greatly. Choosing between marks and sigils is something very interesting and would provide a very interesting choice. However, I think on your W that you should increase the snare time to 1/1.25/1.50/1.75/2 seconds that way it could actually be visible early. It seems to short in my opinion.

Another thing I don't really see him as an "energy" champion. I see this a mana champion. But I guess there is a reason behind it. Good job on him though.

Could you review mine? it can be found http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2092488

Sylvans 05-09-2012 07:23 PM

I had the snare be a shorter amount of time, because if he alternates between triggering marks and sigils perfectly, then he will have a lot of bonus effects triggering at once.

Also, I made him be energy based because if he had a full mana pool, then he could keep on triggering effects for too long. If he is energy, then he can do a full combination of all his moves, and he can do them consistently, but not for too long to any one target.

But if people think that the trigger effects need to be more powerful, I'll increase them :)