League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   [IronStylus's Code] Cracking the mystery, one letter at a time (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2086471)

Electrohydra 05-03-2012 01:38 AM

[IronStylus's Code] Cracking the mystery, one letter at a time

For those who haven't noticed, IronStylus, Sr. concept artist for Riot has been dropping "codes" in some of his posts. These codes, who seem to be forming a secret message, are always of the form Ysereh: X = Y, where X is a letter and Y is a number (in recent codes Y has been a combination of a letter and a number). Many people seem to be collecting these codes, yet I can't manage to find a topic where they are kept, well organized for easy reference, so I open this one, which I will try to keep updated as well as possible. If you find a code somewhere, please post it here so I can edit this post.

So far:

1=T
2=H
3=E
4=S
5=U
6=N
7=A
8=L
9=W
10=A
11=Y
12=S
13=S
14=E
15=T
16=S
1a=T
2a=O
3a=H
4a=I
5a=D (Given in this very thread. Thank you oh great parrot)
6a=E
7a=A
8a=L (This thread again, wooo!)
9a=L
10a=I
11a=T
12a=S
13a=L
14a=I
15a=E
16a=S. T=1
2=U
3=R
4=N
5=A
6=W
7=A
8=Y
9=F
10=R
11=O
12=M
13-19= THEDAWN
1a=A
2a=N
3a=D
4a=O
P = 5a, E = 6a, N = 7a, Y = 8a, O = 9a, U = 10a, R = 11a, E = 12a, Y = 13a, E = 14a, S = 15a.
Ysereh 4:12 (Image linked to this clue) (O is the best guess we seem to have so far)
Ysereh 4:32 (image, points to n)
Ysereh 92:42 (image, points to e)
Ysereh 6:121 (image, points to space)

Notes:
-The letters seem to form a sentence. The ones with an "a" may be a different sentence/line in a poem.
The sun always sets (.)(\) to hide all its lies(.?) Turn away from the dawn() and open your eyes. One-

-IronStylus is a huge Leona fan. Might be related to her (or not)

-He denies knowing anything about the messages in his posts.

-He often seems tired in his posts with codes in them (might be nothing). He has mentionned that Morello makes him tired. Morello is lead champion designer.

-Ysereh is Heresy backwards

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylvr (Hozzászólás 23907363)
You forgot to mention the deliberate typos/grammar errors in many of his followup posts. I only know of two, but then, I haven't hunted down all of his posts to look for more.

In one, he used the word Viscous in place of Vicious. In the other, he used Accentric (assumed to be acentric) instead of Eccentric.

visˇcous (vsks)
adj.
1. Having relatively high resistance to flow.
2. Viscid; sticky.

acentric [eɪˈsɛntrɪk]
adj
1. without a centre
2. not on centre; eccentric
3. (Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Genetics) Genetics (of a chromosome or chromosome fragment) lacking a centromere
n
(Life Sciences & Allied Applications / Genetics) an acentric chromosome or fragment

-
Quote:

Ok so a mate and I have been working on this image for the better part of this evening, and while we haven't come up with anything very concreate, I figure I'd post what we did get done incase it inspires anyone else overnight.

The original image seems to be this: http://www.shaunkillenphotography.co.../mull-sunrise/ (a sunrise over mainland Scotland from the Isle of Mull)

There are a few problems comparing these though. One it appears IronStylus has cropped the image AND also resized it. The width of the image seems to be the same for both, so most of the cropping occurs at the top and bottom (mostly the bottom), although there might be a pixel or two off the sides just to screw with us. I couldn't get them to match exactly. Which made it very hard to check for Steganographs (messages hidden within images. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steganograph) by comparing the differences in the pixel values. The freeware decoding softwares I tried failed to come up with anything meaningful, other than a strong possibility that the file was altered, however it is possible this just appears to be the case due to the resizing of the image.

We can see from this image some of the dots that people thought might be visual artifacts (things that stand out that might suggest a hidden message, such as the black dot in the clouds in the top right) are actually in the original picture, although their colours are slightly different, but whether these are altered or due to resizing is unknown. However, the dot in the far top left, at coordinates 4,12, does NOT exist in the original. The colour of this pixel in hex is 4F 00 00 which might mean the letter is O (O in Hex is 4F).

So that's that. Hopefully someone can draw some inspiration from this, else we'll take another crack at it tomorrow night.
Quote:

21:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

24:29
Immediately after the distress of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.

121:6
The sun will not harm you by day, nor the moon at night.
Exerts from the Bible which may be linked to the coordinates somehow.

THIS was supposedly given to someone by IronStylus to post on Reddit. This very much seems like it might be linked to the puzzle somehow.

Hopefully we can keep one thread updated for easy reference, discussion and speculation.
So start speculating! My proverbial money is on a dusk/night Leona skin.

Tuesti7c 05-03-2012 01:40 AM

The will of our great lord ironstylus shall never be questioned.

Randomisation 05-03-2012 01:41 AM

Story of the century

Tuesti7c 05-03-2012 01:45 AM

He is sending a message saying how awesome i am and how we should totally hang sometime and eat twerpz and be cool and run our sentences forever

fapnapeatrepeat 05-03-2012 01:46 AM

yep, i have decoded it, it is:
This comment was removed.

Sh0werN0zz1e 05-03-2012 01:51 AM

More useless **** to keep you nerds entertained eh?

Torwulf 05-03-2012 01:51 AM

Unless he's changed it, it's 'Ysereh'... not 'Ysereth'. Heresy backwards.

Electrohydra 05-03-2012 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torwulf (Hozzászólás 23896347)
Unless he's changed it, it's 'Ysereh'... not 'Ysereth'. Heresy backwards.

Oops typo *blushes*

Editing noaw

IronStylus 05-03-2012 09:46 AM

Oh man! I LOVE rampant speculation!

jars 05-03-2012 09:47 AM

occom's razor