League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Super Smash Bro's Style Skirmish Queue (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2073262)

Circadian Rhythm 04-29-2012 03:30 PM

Super Smash Bro's Style Skirmish Queue

I have thought of an idea for a new type of queue for League of Legends players. I now introduce to you Team Skirmish Mode. Team Skirmish mode Is a unique play list that allows players to test out builds and improve their team fighting abilities.

Here are the rules
-Each player starts out level 18
-Each player is granted a flat amount of gold (enough to build a full build)
-Elixirs are not aloud (except for oracles)
-Each player has 5 lives (Why the title references Super Smash Bro's)
- The game has a fifteen minute Timer
- The game can be won in two ways. One: The team with the last people/person standing. Two: The team at the fifteen minute mark with the highest total lives.

Here are some reasons why this playlist might be successful among the league community.
-Everyone like full builds
-Everyone likes to fight/team fight
-A good playlist to practice team fighting
-A quick match (like dominion)

I think this playlist will be a unique bit of fun that focuses around the end game fighting on summoners rift. It will help people figure out optimal builds for select champions and how to perform well in team fights (positioning and when to initiate). On top of helping players improve there skills on the fields of justice it will also be a great deal of fun!

Last Words
A new map could be made for this or it could just use the already in place Summoners Rift. Idea for a map is a gladiator circle like dominion that shrinks as the game goes on. Each 5 minute mark the map grows exponentially smaller forcing people into battle. Growing smaller not visibly but invisible barriers could be placed making the fighting area smaller.

I think having 5 lives will give it a competitive edge and a reason to stay alive so people
will think strategically about when to go in and when to stay back

If you have any Feedback or support please leave it in a post below. Thanks and have a good rest of your day.

Akintunde 04-30-2012 06:03 AM

You have my approval.

pwnerwithdaboner 04-30-2012 09:34 AM

And my bow!

46137 04-30-2012 10:35 AM

omg sounds awsome

Rengar was taken 04-30-2012 11:10 AM

One does not simply walk into smashing brothers.

Kavrae 04-30-2012 12:42 PM

Where do I sign up?

Jazdia 04-30-2012 01:01 PM

"- The game can be won in two ways. One: The team with the last people/person standing. Two: The team at the fifteen minute mark with the highest total lives. "

Most powerful Ultimate: Zilean's
Most powerful item: Guardian Angel, sell when on cd, buy again 5 minutes later with the gold you have

Best strategy on SR map idea:
Camp, hardcore, by your towers and never die. This would result in countless 15 minute games that either tie, or 1-2 kill wins/losses.
Teams would be filled by champions like trynd, poppy, backed up by Zilean and Kayle or champions like Kassadin and Yi where ults would be used to always run away if they didn't have a decisive advantage. It would encourage a strategy of being passive and safe, never checking a bush, even warding would be incredibly risky. It would be a game of camping in bushes and CVs, inching around placing wards, and hiding in bushes. Very boring to play or watch.

Best strategy on NEW map idea:
With a new, shrinking map, it's better, but only if there is a very defined and varied mix of walls, open terrain, fog of war, and brush, with healthy portions of the map not having any of these.

It still, however, fosters a large advantage to strategies of camping and prolonging the game as long as possible with a team good at heavy AoE CC/damage like Galieo, Nunu, Fiddlesticks, Annie, Graves, Karthus, AP Alistar, Miss Fortune, etc

In this situation, the team can hide forever and wait for a facecheck, either killing any lone enemies, or if the enemy team facechecks, blowing all their ults simultaneously to obliterate the enemy team without them being able to do anything.

Best strategy on a map with NO FOG OF WAR:
Poke. Poke poke poke. Poke forever and retreat forever. Global ults to seal the deal.
Champions like Lux, AP TF, Caitlin, Ashe, etc. Poke forever and run, stack movespeed.

Kavrae 05-01-2012 04:14 AM

That is a valid point..... Smash Brothers would force conflict with incredibly small maps and randomly generated super items; neither of which can truly apply here.

Turrets would probably have to go. A large buff in the middle with no bushes around it and multiple ways in (no entrance camping) may cause more teamfights. Then again, it may just enforce the idea of sitting on the buff spawn timer.

Sephïroth 05-01-2012 04:45 AM

I love the idea. Make a Sonic Skin for Hecarim. And a Captain Falcon skin for Pantheon. Take his spear away and animate his fist for his ult. FALCON PUNCH!

Quick Rawr 05-01-2012 07:42 AM

Love