Should I just wait out the next season?
I've tried everything to get out of elo hell, the most recent attempt was Mordekaiser. I started this attempt at about 850 elo (Really pathetic, I'm already aware) and managed to pull myself up to just above 1000 in 2 nights of playing, involving many serious carries (Including tonight where I turned around a game by soloing an entire base with a farmed character's ghost via my ult, getting about 7-8 kills in the process and scoring us the win). I've tried playing every position seriously and I've done okay with pulling myself up until the Elo gods stick me with people that intentionally feed because they didn't get the champion/lane they wanted, or they ruin the comp by ignoring everyone and taking veigar (for example) in place of an AD carry. I've spent countless hours trying to figure out how best to carry less able players and I wouldn't have a problem doing it but I just keep hitting streaks of people who don't care about their Elo and would rather ruin it for everyone else, putting me right back where I started.
P.S. If I would have to keep playing and be like these other people in "Elo hell" for 300+ games then I'd rather just quit. Game should be based on skill and communication not waiting for a lucky streak of no trollers.
How to get out of a difficult elo:
1) Pick three roles you can play.
2) Say in chat something like "Mid>Jungle>Support"
3) Have one champion you're really good at with each of the roles you chose. And at least understand how to play the other roles.
4) If you ever lose a game or are in a bad mood, take a break from ranked. It also helps you not get the same players multipul times.
5) If someone makes a mistake, don't actually yell at them about it afterwards. Stay nice a friends, positivity wins games.
6) Try to call mias and ping ganks, even if its not for your lane.
7) Ward no matter what role ( 2 wards mid, 1 top, 1 bot, should be enough, try to fill in a ward if your team mate won't if you would'nt need to travel "too" far to place it)
I agree with everything Fas says, im at about 1350 elo and I have been as low as 1050. When I get into champ select the first thing I say (no matter which pick I am) is I will play anywhere but these are my best roles....
That instantly calms everyone down because they know they most likely won't get in stuck in that one role they hate cause I'll play it. Tell your teammates to play the champs they are best at, not fotm champs (within reason, they shouldn't play eve mid lane no matter how 'good' they think they are at her)
Helping your support ward is also huge. I know it's the support job to ward but they are at 800 elo. They will struggle with it.
Positivity really is what will get you out of elo hell.
|All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:36 PM.|
(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc